Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working tomorrow?

+7
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
Motown Spartan
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
11 posters

Go down

Working tomorrow? Empty Working tomorrow?

Post by The Pantry 2023-07-02, 19:53

Sort of like the Friday after Thanksgiving, stuck between the holiday and the weekend. Going in. Should be quiet and productive with about half the office staff already scheduled to take the day off.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Working tomorrow? Empty Re: Working tomorrow?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-02, 19:59

Remote tomorrow, planning to start before the sun comes up so I can wrap up by 9am.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-07-02, 20:01

Gotta make a few calls, then pontooning. Which is different than poontanging.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2023-07-02, 20:50

Motown Spartan wrote:Gotta make a few calls, then pontooning. Which is different than poontanging.

Thanks for clarifying

Going to pretend I'm working, like most other days...
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-07-02, 21:36

Fucking wild. Got a text alert couple minutes ago from work saying there is a power outage and the building will be closed tomorrow. Woot!

Will login remotely (after sleeping in) to see if the servers are functioning
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-02, 21:44

Had meniscus surgery on friday... SICK DAY!!!

(Knee felt better then it has the last 3 months on day 1...)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry, tGreenWay, Dendrobates, gomersbro, Trapper Gus, I.B. Fine and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-07-03, 08:45

I'm in the office today. I figure today and Wednesday and I'm good for the week. I'm supposed to be in 3 days a week, but I'm counting tomorrow as an office day.

Normal commute time of an hour + only took 30 minutes today. Which is why I hate coming ot the office. WTF is the point of sitting in traffic for an hour. Oh well, if they wanted me working during that time they could have told me to work from home.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-07-03, 09:01

I have completed my work for the day and am logging out
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-03, 09:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I have completed my work for the day and am logging out

I'm running later than I hoped, but I'm not far behind, only because I took a time out earlier to get my walk in because later looked rainier but fuck me because now the sun is out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-07-03, 13:48

Put some hours in from home but said fuck it and PTOing the rest of the day.

Weird looking at the outage map.  Nothing out north of M-59 and just a handful south

Working tomorrow? Power_10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-07-03, 14:19

The Pantry wrote:Put some hours in from home but said fuck it and PTOing the rest of the day.

Weird looking at the outage map.  Nothing out north of M-59 and just a handful south

Do you actually take PTO, or you are just monitoring work so if anything comes up you can do it, but otherwise already relaxing?
I was told to monitor emails after noon and our PM conference call was canceled..
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-07-03, 14:39

Cut out early today. More annoyed about working the 5th, tbh.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-03, 14:48

Cameron wrote:Cut out early today. More annoyed about working the 5th, tbh.

It's hard picturing you at work, Cam. However, I can picture you telling all your bosses and co-workers to fuck off.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and The Pantry like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-07-03, 14:49

I took Paid Time Off* (pto) today but honestly I just throw pto at things so that no one can question if I should or shouldn’t be doing something. I get 30 days a year, and had a month long paternity leave earlier this year, so I’ve only used like 5 of the 30 days. 0% chance I’ll be able to use all of it so no sense in not marking it down as a pto day

*Paid time offplanned time off, or personal time off(PTO), is a policy in some employee handbooks that provides a bank of hours in which the employer pools sick days, vacation days, and personal days that allows employees to use as the need or desire arises. This policy pertains mainly to the United States, where there are no federal legal requirements for a minimum number of paid vacation days (see also the list of statutory minimum employment leave by country). Instead, U.S. companies determine the amount of paid time off that will be allotted to employees, while keeping in mind the payoff in recruiting and retaining employees.

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2023-07-03, 15:15; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-03, 14:49

If the 4th falls on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday then I'm all for the country just shutting down for the week and giving people a mental health week.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-03, 14:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I took pto today but honestly I just throw pto at things so that no one can question if I should or shouldn’t be doing something. I get 30 days a year, and had a month long paternity leave earlier this year, so I’ve only used like 5 of the 30 days. 0% chance I’ll be able to use all of it so no sense in not marking it down as a pto day

When people say PTO, I think power take off on a tractor more than paid time off. I just want to share that with you, Travis. In the future it might be better spell it out the first time you use it in the post instead of the going to the acronym right away. This would be better for me. Would you mind editing your post?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-03, 15:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:

If the 4th falls on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday then I'm all for the country just shutting down for the week and giving people a mental health week.

This is why America is losing. Napping, days off, no school in the summer. It's all about breaks. We need to work harder.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-03, 15:09

Don't forget all the retired people, who didn't work until they died.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-07-03, 15:14

InTenSity wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Put some hours in from home but said fuck it and PTOing the rest of the day.

Do you actually take PTO, or you are just monitoring work so if anything comes up you can do it, but otherwise already relaxing?
I was told to monitor emails after noon and our PM conference call was canceled..
I actually work when logged in remotely because I always have stuff to do.  That, and a bit paranoid the company can monitor my computer activity when logged in.  Maybe Floyd can expound on whether my paranoia is justified or not...?

Been reading stories of how companies are losing interest in employees working remotely, post pandemic.  Sounds to me many are fucking the dog at home. Teams meetings during the pandemic were both amusing and sometimes annoying listening to peoples kids and pets in the background.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-03, 15:14

Trapper Gus wrote:Don't forget all the retired people, who didn't work until they died.

Don't even get me started about the concept of retirement. It was invented to destroy America. Look it up.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-07-03, 15:15

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I took pto today but honestly I just throw pto at things so that no one can question if I should or shouldn’t be doing something. I get 30 days a year, and had a month long paternity leave earlier this year, so I’ve only used like 5 of the 30 days. 0% chance I’ll be able to use all of it so no sense in not marking it down as a pto day

When people say PTO, I think power take off on a tractor more than paid time off. I just want to share that with you, Travis. In the future it might be better spell it out the first time you use it in the post instead of the going to the acronym right away. This would be better for me. Would you mind editing your post?
Done. Sorry for the confusion.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-03, 15:18

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Pity upvote for writing so many words with no one else acknowledging it. Of course, I just woke up from my nap and I’m sleepy and vulnerable.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-03, 15:24

The Pantry wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
I actually work when logged in remotely because I always have stuff to do.  That, and a bit paranoid the company can monitor my computer activity when logged in.  Maybe Floyd can expound on whether my paranoia is justified or not...?

Been reading stories of how companies are losing interest in employees working remotely, post pandemic.  Sounds to me many are fucking the dog at home. Teams meetings during the pandemic were both amusing and sometimes annoying listening to peoples kids and pets in the background.

My wife’s business gives everyone the option of wfh or at the office. They were already set up for wfh pre-pandemic. Everyone loves it and productivity never suffers. Maybe because it’s not an enormous company, IDK.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-03, 15:26

Motown Spartan wrote:Gotta make a few calls, then pontooning. Which is different than poontanging.

On an inland lake?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-07-03, 15:26

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Been reading stories of how companies are losing interest in employees working remotely, post pandemic.  Sounds to me many are fucking the dog at home.  Teams meetings during the pandemic were both amusing and sometimes annoying listening to peoples kids and pets in the background.

My wife’s business gives everyone the option of wfh or at the office. They were already set up for wfh pre-pandemic. Everyone loves it and productivity never suffers. Maybe because it’s not an enormous company, IDK.
Idk? I don’t know what that means greenway please help.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-03, 15:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don’t know either, Travis. I see the kids using it and this was my attempt at sounding with it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-07-03, 15:30

tGreenWay wrote:

I don’t know either, Travis. I see the kids using it and this was my attempt at sounding with it.
How many kids do you text with greenway?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-03, 15:32

The Pantry wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Companies can monitor your productivity from anywhere. It just depends on how paranoid they are, how controlling they want to appear and how much they want to invest to log & analyze everything. We're a 10 person company, ain't not time for that nonsense. People not pulling their weight stand out like a sore thumb.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-03, 15:32

tGreenWay wrote:

None, Travis. I hack their phones and read their texts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-07-03, 15:33

tGreenWay wrote:

That is creepier.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-03, 15:33

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Pity upvote for writing so many words with no one else acknowledging it. Of course, I just woke up from my nap and I’m sleepy and vulnerable.

Thanks, but Turtleneck acknowledged it and as his tSwill buddy you know nothing gets by him.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-03, 15:34

tGreenWay wrote:

That is creepier.

I know. Working tomorrow? 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-03, 15:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Thanks, but Turtleneck acknowledged it and as his tSwill buddy you know nothing gets by him.

You’re welcome, of course. Yes, I know Turtleneck responded. I did your upvote because we’re a team like that. He’s my buddy and I’ve got his back.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-03, 15:41

Thanks, Travis.

Great seeing you, GreenWay! Nice work with the upvote. You're the best.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-07-03, 17:22

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

This is why America is losing. Napping, days off, no school in the summer. It's all about breaks. We need to work harder.
"So you want the day off from work, eh?"
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-07-04, 08:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Companies can monitor your productivity from anywhere. It just depends on how paranoid they are, how controlling they want to appear and how much they want to invest to log & analyze everything. We're a 10 person company, ain't not time for that nonsense. People not pulling their weight stand out like a sore thumb.
I don't know if I told the story of what happened to me here or not. Back in April they took my office down. I was told to empty it out and they would let me know where to go after that. 2 months later my boss calls me and asks if I'm going to the office. He works in TX, I'm in Miami. I said nope, they took my office down and no one told me where I was supposed to work from so I've been working from home. 2 fucking months and no one notices where I'm working from, all of the sudden it becomes important that I'm working from the office. Oh, wait, there are no offices or places for me to sit. They have to ask another VP if I can take an office from their side. They say fine. I show up, nothing is ready for me to come back to the office. I spend the first few hours with IT so they can setup my office to have my laptop work. I take in my own laptop now so I can surf and play games or do whatever the fuck I want. I show up between 9 and 9:30 and I leave between 2 and 3. I go to work to be on the same teams calls and waste time commuting.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-04, 14:21

InTenSity wrote:I go to work to be on the same teams calls and waste time commuting.
Essentially my one day at the office too... I have better access to a good lunch, so a nice treat one day a week. Also, Costco is on the way so I make the TP and water run... that said, I'm not going to bitch, cause 1 day is better then 5.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-07-04, 14:33

InTenSity wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I don't know if I told the story of what happened to me here or not. Back in April they took my office down. I was told to empty it out and they would let me know where to go after that. 2 months later my boss calls me and asks if I'm going to the office. He works in TX, I'm in Miami. I said nope, they took my office down and no one told me where I was supposed to work from so I've been working from home. 2 fucking months and no one notices where I'm working from, all of the sudden it becomes important that I'm working from the office. Oh, wait, there are no offices or places for me to sit. They have to ask another VP if I can take an office from their side. They say fine. I show up, nothing is ready for me to come back to the office. I spend the first few hours with IT so they can setup my office to have my laptop work. I take in my own laptop now so I can surf and play games or do whatever the fuck I want. I show up between 9 and 9:30 and I leave between 2 and 3. I go to work to be on the same teams calls and waste time commuting.
wow. How many work at your company?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-07-04, 15:58

The Pantry wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
wow. How many work at your company?
I work at HQ, so it used to be around 300 I think, but that's probably around 250 now. Worldwide its somewhere around 40k.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-04, 17:18

Back when I was working the management was fricking paranoid about working from home, though they had no issues with telcons or zooming at 6AM from home with Spain or 3AM with China.

I retired before covid but former coworkers said they did wfh but in 2021 the pressure was building for in office work.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down