Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes, this belongs in tBin, but f%^K these people. Besides, this is not politics. It's a matter of decency.

+8
DWags
Trapper Gus
Dendrobates
InTenSity
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
Turtleneck
12 posters

Go down

Yes, this belongs in tBin, but f%^K these people. Besides, this is not politics. It's a matter of decency. Empty Yes, this belongs in tBin, but f%^K these people. Besides, this is not politics. It's a matter of decency.

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-11, 19:36

Traverse City salon refuses to service transgender, queer patrons

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2023/07/11/traverse-city-salon-refuses-transgender-queer-lgbtq/70402644007/

And when they go out of business, it will be the "woke ideology" that is to blame rather than their stupidity and bigotry.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Dendrobates and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Yes, this belongs in tBin, but f%^K these people. Besides, this is not politics. It's a matter of decency. Empty Re: Yes, this belongs in tBin, but f%^K these people. Besides, this is not politics. It's a matter of decency.

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-11, 20:21

Just drove by that place last weekend. Anyone go to that Oakwood Proper Burger next door. Cute little place.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Yes, this belongs in tBin, but f%^K these people. Besides, this is not politics. It's a matter of decency. Empty Re: Yes, this belongs in tBin, but f%^K these people. Besides, this is not politics. It's a matter of decency.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-07-11, 20:43

I hope they’re run out of town and lose their business and all their friends, but that of course will not happen and I’m sure they’ll be making Fox News hits talking about their religious freedom to blindly hate people within a week
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-07-11, 21:13

Is political affiliation a protected class? Like, can I choose not to do business with the political party that openly advocates and fights for this type of discrimination?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-11, 21:16

Motown Spartan wrote:Is political affiliation a protected class? Like, can I choose not to do business with the political party that openly advocates and fights for this type of discrimination?
Nope. Feel free to post "no magats allowed" on your window.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-07-11, 21:17

Motown Spartan wrote:Is political affiliation a protected class? Like, can I choose not to do business with the political party that openly advocates and fights for this type of discrimination?
political affiliation is not a protected class.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-07-11, 21:40

You know what you must do now.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-11, 21:43

Shutting people out of commerce is to repeat the mistake the hair salon is making.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-07-11, 21:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Nope. Feel free to post "no magats allowed" on your window.

If I could go viral dedicating my business strictly to the LGBTQ+ community and their allies it would probably be quite lucrative.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-07-11, 22:01

Trapper Gus wrote:Shutting people out of commerce is to repeat the mistake the hair salon is making.

I honestly have no problem being on the right side of history.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-07-11, 23:43

SCOTUS opened that can of worms up when they used a fake case to say you can do exactlly that. Can't wait till it turns into "we aint cutting Jews hair" or, "If your skin is darker than this, we aint baking you a cake". Cause, well, that's where we're going.

Quoting Bob here: America is a stupid country
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Turtleneck and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-07-11, 23:58

This is Walkerton IN Memories Pizza redux.

Traverse City isn't a big place.  There are over 30 salons with over 120 chairs all chasing the same population. It's a tourist spot and very few women I know use a new stylist traveling or on vacation unless there is a wedding involved.  The owner is looking for a GoFundMe bailout just like Memories Pizza did in 2015.

Back in April of 2015 a reporter asked Memories Pizza owners if they would cater a same sex wedding.  The owners said they would not.  That started what some even then some saw a a self-made "controversy".  The Blaze lead lead by Glen Beck fueled a firestorm of support ensued followed by a GoFundMe page campaign.  Limbaugh, Hannity and Tucker Carlson all jumped onboard publicizing the plight and encouraging donations to the site.

That GoFundMe page got over $800K in donations.  36 months later Memories Pizza's owners closed the business.  The owners claimed they made some donations to Christian organizations.  More than a few eyebrows were raised with the closing since the $800K donations which would have averaged  more than $22K per month over a 3 year period which was a lot more revenue than a typical pizza joint of Memories Pizza's size in a similar size market monthly sales would have been.

The TC salon owner is looking for a GoFundMe windfall.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-07-12, 07:31

Imagine the whiny, "I'm a victim of religious persecution" screech-fest if/when someone decides not to serve racist, bigoted misogynists because their God teaches love and, therefore they can't, in good conscience, endorse such beliefs in their private place of business.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-12, 10:06

GRR Spartan wrote:This is Walkerton IN Memories Pizza redux.

Traverse City isn't a big place.  There are over 30 salons with over 120 chairs all chasing the same population. It's a tourist spot and very few women I know use a new stylist traveling or on vacation unless there is a wedding involved.  The owner is looking for a GoFundMe bailout just like Memories Pizza did in 2015.

Back in April of 2015 a reporter asked Memories Pizza owners if they would cater a same sex wedding.  The owners said they would not.  That started what some even then some saw a a self-made "controversy".  The Blaze lead lead by Glen Beck fueled a firestorm of support ensued followed by a GoFundMe page campaign.  Limbaugh, Hannity and Tucker Carlson all jumped onboard publicizing the plight and encouraging donations to the site.

That GoFundMe page got over $800K in donations.  36 months later Memories Pizza's owners closed the business.  The owners claimed they made some donations to Christian organizations.  More than a few eyebrows were raised with the closing since the $800K donations which would have averaged  more than $22K per month over a 3 year period which was a lot more revenue than a typical pizza joint of Memories Pizza's size in a similar size market monthly sales would have been.

The TC salon owner is looking for a GoFundMe windfall.
Awww shit... I think we just found tSwills first IRL joint venture... make up a fictious business, like the future "web designer" in the scotus case, get it on socials, be a stupid fucking bigot, profit.

I will share 50% of the receipts with you....(since I thought of the premise of course)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-12, 11:21

A Traverse City hair salon has come under fire this week for posts its owner made to Facebook, saying transgender customers are not welcome and should instead “seek services at a local pet groomer.”

Now legal experts say that not only is the business misinterpreting a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the topic to refuse service, but that it may be running afoul of discrimination protections in Michigan.

https://www.mlive.com/politics/2023/07/after-telling-trans-customers-to-use-pet-groomer-michigan-salon-could-face-legal-trouble-experts-say.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-07-12, 14:28

Since the Supreme Court ruled over a made up case, because of a person's religion, I should be able to do the same.

Heck, most of us could.
The Bible talks about debts being canceled after 7 years. So student loans, mortgage, etc should be immediately forgiven. The Supreme Court has allowed the Bible/religion to be the deciding factor. Deuteronomy 15: 1
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-12, 14:52

Joe's Garage
moto: I aint fixin any those fuckin lectric cars.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-07-13, 12:14

I guess if you're some sort of "pro-freedom" homophobic bigot, one of the last industries you want to take on is hair care products. Yes, this belongs in tBin, but f%^K these people. Besides, this is not politics. It's a matter of decency. 502811600

After announcing that certain members of the LGBTQ+ community are unwelcome at Studio 8 Hair Lab in Traverse City, owner Christine Geiger is no longer allowed to affiliate with a hair product line that she regularly used, promoted and sold at her salon.

also, not sure if it's true or not, the freedom-lovin' patriot who owns the hair salon has already changed the name of the store.  
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-13, 12:18

I bet she is the official stylist for Moms for Liberty.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-07-13, 12:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
also, not sure if it's true or not, the freedom-lovin' patriot who owns the hair salon has already changed the name of the store.  

Seems like it might just be easier to change your attitude about the LGBTQ community. But I guess when you were born into it and raised by a bigoted family it’s probably hard to change.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-07-13, 12:55

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Seems like it might just be easier to change your attitude about the LGBTQ community. But I guess when you were born into it and raised by a bigoted family it’s probably hard to change.
I agree.. but how will she receive political and religious martyrdom status while playing the poor victim if her attitude evolves? Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-07-13, 13:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I agree.. but how will she receive political and religious martyrdom status while playing the poor victim if her attitude evolves? Rolling Eyes

In other words, she finds it easier to keep her self filled with hate and bigotry, and she enjoys the sympathy of her bigoted friends, rather than just talking to people in the LGBTQ community, and finding out that they are no different than anybody else walking this earth. I just hate is pretty damn powerful.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-13, 13:16

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Joe's Garage

Translation: Joe isn’t smart enough to fix electric cars.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-13, 18:35

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Joe's Garage

Translation: Joe isn’t smart enough to fix  electric cars.  
Ok, how's this:
I ain't fixing any of those gay ass lectric cars for you queers driving around thinkin yer the shit. Fuck the QT part and don't get me started on the +.

Edit: a free Modelo with every oil change.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-07-13, 19:26

Yes, this belongs in tBin, but f%^K these people. Besides, this is not politics. It's a matter of decency. Img_0210
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-13, 20:25

Wait, didn't traverse locals flip out about rainbow flags like a decade ago?
Are ALL the natives crazy?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down