Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your current weather status

+21
Jake from State Farm
DWags
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
The Pantry
GRR Spartan
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
Zurn
CaptainSlow33
AvgMSUJoe
Trapper Gus
NigelUno
MSU addict
Heat Miser
Rick Saunders
steveschneider
aualum06
Dendrobates
kingstonlake
25 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 13 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:02

Anyone know what the road commission trucks were spraying on the highways yesterday in Clinton County? Whitish color but I'm going to assume it wasn't milk.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 13 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by Spartytruth Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:13

Snow in TC - a balmy 25.

march going out like a lion.
Spartytruth
Spartytruth
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 12:17

Jake from State Farm wrote:Anyone know what the road commission trucks were spraying on the highways yesterday in Clinton County? Whitish color but I'm going to assume it wasn't milk.
saw Ingham County trucks doing thr same thing in East Lansing. Assuming they were just pretreating the roads, probably with some sort of salt brine.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 12:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Anyone know what the road commission trucks were spraying on the highways yesterday in Clinton County? Whitish color but I'm going to assume it wasn't milk.
saw Ingham County trucks doing thr same thing in East Lansing. Assuming they were just pretreating the roads, probably with some sort of salt brine.

Salt brine is the next big thing in road treatments, it is supposed to be better for the environment, less salt runoff from the roads, and cheaper to apply. MDOT has been trying it out in places. Maybe it works better for this type of storm.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 13:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
saw Ingham County trucks doing thr same thing in East Lansing.  Assuming they were just pretreating the roads, probably with some sort of salt brine.

Most likely a pretreatment. They spray the road in my office park with it before every winter storm, and it does seem to help quite a bit. While it doesn't melt things quite as fast as salt, it starts working right away. That way, roads never get to the point where it's matted down snow/ice before plow trucks come through, they are just perpetually in a state of slushy, then the plows can make pretty quick work of them. I hope it catches on.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 13:35

Jake from State Farm wrote:Whitish color but I'm going to assume it wasn't milk.

ew
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

CaptainSlow33 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 15:13

Squished perch? Post your current weather status - Page 13 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 15:14

Maybe EL bought one big Bass-o-Matic. Or a thousand regular-sized ones.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 18:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Post your current weather status - Page 13 1896033241 gotta drive to Warren tomorrow
ugh - yeah, as much as I enjoy the snow, I very rarely have to drive in it. That sucks.

be safe, home skillet.

Left 3 hrs early for a typical 90min trip. Was pretty gnarly from the onset, but I was in no hurry. Plenty of cars in the ditch and boozoos driving like dummies.

My fav was a dude pulling a boat down I-75. Started hitting the normal backups around Dixie Hwy. We were doing about 45mph with a slow down ahead. Three fairly full lanes of traffic. Everyone given good space and feathering the brakes/slowing up. I’m in the far left lane. I check my rear view to make sure the car behind is doing the same.

I see the truck behind me start to fishtail into the center lane, then I see he is pulling a boat and is jack knifing. He crossed all three lanes of traffic to the right. Lucky the lanes were semi-open. We are now slowed way down to 25ish and he goes by on the shoulder. Thought he saved it, but then he nose dived into the ditch. I figured he was done, but a few hundred yards up I see him again on an on-ramp on the right. No idea how he survived the ditch and made it up the other side.

What kinda dumbass decides to pickup his boat in a snow storm? Maybe he was heading down river, it is prime walleye spawning time. Still you’re 60 miles away from the launch in a near white out. Maybe go fishing tomorrow.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 23 Mar 2024 - 2:28

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
ugh - yeah, as much as I enjoy the snow, I very rarely have to drive in it. That sucks.

be safe, home skillet.

Left 3 hrs early for a typical 90min trip. Was pretty gnarly from the onset, but I was in no hurry. Plenty of cars in the ditch and boozoos driving like dummies.

My fav was a dude pulling a boat down I-75. Started hitting the normal backups around Dixie Hwy. We were doing about 45mph with a slow down ahead. Three fairly full lanes of traffic. Everyone given good space and feathering the brakes/slowing up. I’m in the far left lane. I check my rear view to make sure the car behind is doing the same.

I see the truck behind me start to fishtail into the center lane, then I see he is pulling a boat and is jack knifing. He crossed all three lanes of traffic to the right. Lucky the lanes were semi-open. We are now slowed way down to 25ish and he goes by on the shoulder. Thought he saved it, but then he nose dived into the ditch. I figured he was done, but a few hundred yards up I see him again on an on-ramp on the right. No idea how he survived the ditch and made it up the other side.

What kinda dumbass decides to pickup his boat in a snow storm? Maybe he was heading down river, it is prime walleye spawning time. Still you’re 60 miles away from the launch in a near white out. Maybe go fishing tomorrow.

Dude probably orders chicken at a steak joint.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sat 23 Mar 2024 - 8:22

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Dude probably orders chicken at a steak joint.

Or puts ketchup on a hot dog
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat 23 Mar 2024 - 9:32

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

be safe, home skillet.

Watched a semi go through that into the median on M14 in A2 a few years ago when I was still driving to work and a sudden freezing rain hit. The driver got it back on the road at the end of it, but it was in front of me and if he has stopped I would have gone under the trailer. I got off and went back home that day and began to plan my near term retirement strategy.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 20:28

Blizzard warning in the UP. Motown staring down 2 feet of snow.

Post your current weather status - Page 13 Img_7913
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 20:48

2nd snow day of the year. Had to buy shear pins and gas for the snowblower today. School is already canceled and I put a closed sign on the office door. Unfortunately my wife will have to drive 35 miles to work tomorrow and 35 miles home.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 21:31

Motown Spartan wrote:2nd snow day of the year. Had to buy shear pins and gas for the snowblower today. School is already canceled and I put a closed sign on the office door. Unfortunately my wife will have to drive 35 miles to work tomorrow and 35 miles home.
She can't WiFi it in?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 21:38

I call dibs on his bike
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 3 Apr 2024 - 5:08

The Pantry wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:2nd snow day of the year. Had to buy shear pins and gas for the snowblower today. School is already canceled and I put a closed sign on the office door. Unfortunately my wife will have to drive 35 miles to work tomorrow and 35 miles home.
She can't WiFi it in?

Don’t get me started. There are people that can’t WiFi it in due to the nature of their job so everybody has to go in.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 3 Apr 2024 - 5:09

Nordic wrote:I call dibs on his bike

Which one?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 3 Apr 2024 - 8:50

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:She can't WiFi it in?

Don’t get me started. There are people that can’t WiFi it in due to the nature of their job so everybody has to go in.
Prostitute?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 3 Apr 2024 - 9:15

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Prostitute?

🤫
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 3 Apr 2024 - 10:34

We have maybe 2” on the ground of mostly slush, and we’re less than a mile from the lake.

At my wife’s office, they have over a foot on the ground already, about 30 miles west of our house.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 3 Apr 2024 - 10:39

Motown Spartan wrote:We have maybe 2” on the ground of mostly slush, and we’re less than a mile from the lake.

At my wife’s office, they have over a foot on the ground already, about 30 miles west of our house.

I know I’ve said this before, but I remember going up to a relatives funeral in iron River in April, I was a high school administrator at the time. Mid 90’s. When I got to iron River, there was a foot of snow on the ground. I had been frustrated trying to reschedule baseball and softball games in the Detroit area that week because of rain. I thought how in the hell are spring sports even run up in the upper peninsula? You have four weeks to get baseball softball soccer track seasons in. That’s crazy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 5 Apr 2024 - 11:08

Graupeling for opening day.

Not that I'm going. Did that once in about '89 and the snowstorm was miserable. Did it again in '03 and it was beautiful sunshine while in the low 50s. Just goes to show, you never know what you'll get on opening day in Detroit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 5 Apr 2024 - 14:22

43 and light snow here
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 19:38

They’re predicting an inch of rain here in EL tomorrow.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 11 Apr 2024 - 9:08

tGreenWay wrote:They’re predicting an inch of rain here in EL tomorrow.
as I mentioned over in the gardening thread, I did get the first mow of the season in yesterday and, in anticipation of the rain, put down some grub killer, so it'll get soaked in nicely.

That's about the only thing I enjoy about 48 hours of rain.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 11 Apr 2024 - 12:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:They’re predicting an inch of rain here in EL tomorrow.
as I mentioned over in the gardening thread, I did get the first mow of the season in yesterday and, in anticipation of the rain, put down some grub killer, so it'll get soaked in nicely.

No Mow May! Bob's a Bee killer. I assume this applies to April as well. Grass definitely has a jump start this year.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 11 Apr 2024 - 13:03

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

No Mow May! Bob's a Bee killer. I assume this applies to April as well. Grass definitely has a jump start this year.
Post your current weather status - Page 13 502811600

I see a lot of the East Lansing do-gooders with "No Mow May" signs in their yards.

but, yeah, with the mild winter and an early, wet spring, I'd say April 10th is probably the earliest I've ever had to hit the lawnmower in my 29 years in the great state of Michigan.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu 11 Apr 2024 - 15:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

No Mow May! Bob's a Bee killer.  I assume this applies to April as well. Grass definitely has a jump start this year.

I see a lot of the East Lansing do-gooders with "No Mow May" signs in their yards.

but, yeah, with the mild winter and an early, wet spring, I'd say April 10th is probably the earliest I've ever had to hit the lawnmower in my 29 years in the great state of Michigan.

Farmer's wife a couple houses down from me did her third mowing yesterday. I'm surprised her husband doesn't take the keys away from her. But then again, it gets her out of the house. She usually mows a couple of times a week, even when the grass is parched and brown.
And no, I don't have my telescope trained on her (nor would I want to), we have to drive by her house to get anywhere and we can see the new mower tracks.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 11 Apr 2024 - 15:46

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Farmer's wife a couple houses down from me did her third mowing yesterday. I'm surprised her husband doesn't take the keys away from her. But then again, it gets her out of the house. She usually mows a couple of times a week, even when the grass is parched and brown.
And no, I don't have my telescope trained on her (nor would I want to), we have to drive by her house to get anywhere and we can see the new mower tracks.

in the height of summer, I mow our front about every 4-5 days. Sometimes I'll let the back get a little shaggier. We used to play in the back a lot when our daughter was younger, but she's off being an adult now No .. so I don't stay on top of it as much as I used to.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 11 Apr 2024 - 15:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Make sure you blow some lawn flower (dandelion) seeds on the No Mow May yards.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 17 Apr 2024 - 13:52

local news telling the folks of East Lansing to head to the basement.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 17 Apr 2024 - 13:55

Yikes! Hide yo kids! Hide yo wives! Hide yo selfs!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 17 Apr 2024 - 13:58

Billiard ball sized hail! Post your current weather status - Page 13 4198636888
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 17 Apr 2024 - 13:58

Motown Spartan wrote:Yikes! Hide yo kids! Hide yo wives! Hide yo selfs!
me and the cats are in the basement.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 17 Apr 2024 - 14:04

Looks like I picked the wrong day to park on the driveway.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 17 Apr 2024 - 14:33

seemed to sort of fizzle the closer it got to EL.

Which I'm okay with.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 17 Apr 2024 - 15:47

Rumbling and just started raining. T-storm watch for now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 17 Apr 2024 - 21:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:seemed to sort of fizzle the closer it got to EL.

Which I'm okay with.

We didn’t get any hail here, though they did at WLNS. Might’ve lucked out this time. Thinking about buying a hail protective blanket for my car since I leave it in the driveway most of the time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 8:14

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:seemed to sort of fizzle the closer it got to EL.

Which I'm okay with.

We didn’t get any hail here, though they did at WLNS. Might’ve lucked out this time. Thinking about buying a hail protective blanket for my car since I leave it in the driveway most of the time.
I hear ya - my wife got a new car about a month ago (pretty fly ride) and she mostly leaves it in the driveway, as well - glad we didn't get the hail they were predicting.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next