Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peek at the new football locker room. Doesn't suck.

+10
Trapper Gus
Rick Saunders
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
Heat Miser
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Nordic
duffy munn
DWags
14 posters

Go down

Peek at  the new football locker room.  Doesn't suck. Empty Peek at the new football locker room. Doesn't suck.

Post by DWags Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:10 am

[tw]1686843202421116928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1686843202421116928%7Ctwgr%5Eb24052c7ba6e122fc62e4f431d1228ce3ae9e186%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fcollege%2Fmichigan-state%2Fboard%2F93%2FContents%2Fnew-msu-football-locker-rooms-213567877%2F%3Fpage%3D1[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Peek at  the new football locker room.  Doesn't suck. Empty Re: Peek at the new football locker room. Doesn't suck.

Post by duffy munn Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:17 am

DWags wrote:[tw]1686843202421116928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1686843202421116928%7Ctwgr%5Eb24052c7ba6e122fc62e4f431d1228ce3ae9e186%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fcollege%2Fmichigan-state%2Fboard%2F93%2FContents%2Fnew-msu-football-locker-rooms-213567877%2F%3Fpage%3D1[/tw]

Recruits and current players love this kinda shit. Very cool that Izzo helped make it happen but when will this the facilities arms race end?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Peek at  the new football locker room.  Doesn't suck. Empty Re: Peek at the new football locker room. Doesn't suck.

Post by Nordic Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:23 am

In before Turtleneck’s latest season win/lose projection
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:31 am

[tw]1686865875507224576[/tw]
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:34 am

Nordic wrote:In before Turtleneck’s latest season win/lose projection

Hey now, that’s my buddy you’re talking about.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:39 am

Everyone knows cool lockers and unis directly relate to wins.

Go green.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:31 am

Was it decades before the last new locker room under Coach D? 10 years-ish for this one? Every 5 years going forward?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:07 am

Heat Miser wrote:Was it decades before the last new locker room under Coach D? 10 years-ish for this one? Every 5 years going forward?
I think, (emphasis here) that this one is in the Tom izzo football building, not the stadium. Different locker rooms
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Heat Miser likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:38 am

Heat Miser wrote:Was it decades before the last new locker room under Coach D? 10 years-ish for this one? Every 5 years going forward?

Wasn’t it less than ten years ago that the stadium locker rooms opened? I think it was in the stadium. There were 2 or 3 nicely done signs with glaring typos.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:53 am

tGreenWay wrote:

Wasn’t it less than ten years ago that the stadium locker rooms opened? I think it was in the stadium. There were 2 or 3 nicely done signs with glaring typos.

2013-ish I think.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:11 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Everyone knows cool lockers and unis directly relate to wins.

Go green.

Plus (what looks to be) air conditioned shoe compartments.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:41 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

2013-ish I think.
I can only find the ones from the rose bowl, not say after we beat Michigan, but finding a video from post game rich homie quan days might be a clue

Or just an article saying when the locker rooms were updated might be more straight forward I guess. But less rich homie quan in your life that way
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:07 pm

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:[tw]1686843202421116928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1686843202421116928%7Ctwgr%5Eb24052c7ba6e122fc62e4f431d1228ce3ae9e186%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fcollege%2Fmichigan-state%2Fboard%2F93%2FContents%2Fnew-msu-football-locker-rooms-213567877%2F%3Fpage%3D1[/tw]

Recruits and current players love this kinda shit. Very cool that Izzo helped make it happen but when will this the facilities arms race end?

Where are the craps tables and stripper poles?
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

InTenSity, duffy munn and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:31 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
I think, (emphasis here) that this one is in the Tom izzo football building, not the stadium. Different locker rooms

Seems like this one will get used more often then?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:22 pm

I was paying about 40 bucks a credit hour in 1981. I think my dis were up to 480 bucks a credit hour. Sure this is financed by other means, but the upkeep comes from the physical plant. All part of the higher education plan. The one that is icing a lot of good kids out of it.

Oh well, Just win.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:00 am

Did they put in an emergency entrance for Dantonio’s wheelbarrow?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, MiamiSpartan, Other Teams Pursuing That, Pervis Muldoon and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:43 am

DWags wrote:I was paying about 40 bucks a credit hour in 1981.  I think my dis were up to 480 bucks a credit hour.   Sure this is financed by other means, but the upkeep comes from the physical plant.  All part of the higher education plan. The one that is icing a lot of good kids out of it.

Oh well, Just win.
I remembered my last term 1981 being $32.50 a credit hour.  How times have changed...

History of MSU's Tuition Per Credit Amounts
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:55 am

Man, they fucked us when I was there. Mine increased 64% between my freshman and sophomore year.

(It's because we changed from trimesters to semesters). But still that was like a 9% increase for a year.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:08 pm

255/credit when I was there. Just looked at the cost for the current students. I guess that the luxury high rise apartments going up on Grand River should have been my first indication that MSU ain't for the poors anymore.

The locker room is cool, but what will happen when one of our regional rivals builds even better facilities? Will we need to go to the well to renovate our already renovated facilities again? The facilities arms race in higher education just doesn't seem sustainable.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:17 pm

Yeah, someone was saying that to share a apt in one of those is $1500/room. So a 5 bedroom is $7500/month. That gives you a common living area. No kitchen.

That buys you a million dollar home (estate?) in the real world.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:28 pm

Yeah when the wife and I were at Michigan State, it topped out at $45 per credit hour. 30 years later we were paying $482 per credit hour for my oldest daughter, and for my youngest daughter, I believe it got up to over $500.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:52 pm

Spanking of the new football locker room...I assume the physical plant has already disinfected the entire building...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:57 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:255/credit when I was there. Just looked at the cost for the current students. I guess that the luxury high rise apartments going up on Grand River should have been my first indication that MSU ain't for the poors anymore.

The locker room is cool, but what will happen when one of our regional rivals builds even better facilities? Will we need to go to the well to renovate our already renovated facilities again? The facilities arms race in higher education just doesn't seem sustainable.

No, we go to the mattresses. This is fucking war.

Just kidding. The arms race in college football is insane and part of the reason I’ve lost some interest in MSU & CFB.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:58 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:Spanking of the new football locker room...I assume the physical plant has already disinfected the entire building...

Cum again?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:19 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Man, they fucked us when I was there. Mine increased 64% between my freshman and sophomore year.

(It's because we changed from trimesters to semesters). But still that was like a 9% increase for a year.
Jumped 33% from my sophomore to senior year. Was part of what deterred me from going for a double major.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:33 pm

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Man, they fucked us when I was there. Mine increased 64% between my freshman and sophomore year.

Jumped 33% from my sophomore to senior year. Was part of what deterred me from going for a double major.

But didn’t the number of credits you needed to graduate drop? I’m not very good at math, but what was the real increase per credit hour when taken into consideration the numbers of credit hours?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:49 pm

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Jumped 33% from my sophomore to senior year. Was part of what deterred me from going for a double major.

But didn’t the number of credits you needed to graduate drop? I’m not very good at math, but what was the real increase per credit hour when taken into consideration the numbers of credit hours?
Pretty sure it was a flat rate back then for in-staters. No idea what the out-of-state rates were.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:34 pm

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Pretty sure it was a flat rate back then for in-staters. No idea what the out-of-state rates were.

I sincerely don't mean to age you, but is your graduation year not on that link?

I would think something must have happened to cause a 33% increase without causing riots. And I think you're more than 3 years older than me, so it wasn't the change from trimesters to semesters during your time.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:10 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Pretty sure it was a flat rate back then for in-staters.  No idea what the out-of-state rates were.

I sincerely don't mean to age you, but is your graduation year not on that link?

I would think something must have happened to cause a 33% increase without causing riots.  And I think you're more than 3 years older than me, so it wasn't the change from trimesters to semesters during your time.
No issue being aged.  All trimesters in my time...they were a beautiful thing IMO.  Certainly, the rates would have been higher if semesters.  Graduation year is listed in the link.  

$32.50 was still a bargain, but that was over 40 years ago.  Credit hour$ went up over 15% year after I graduated.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down