Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarterback problems. 2023 problems.

+6
GRR Spartan
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
kingstonlake
DWags
10 posters

Go down

Quarterback problems. 2023 problems.  Empty Quarterback problems. 2023 problems.

Post by DWags 2023-09-23, 21:49

I hate to break it to you all but we aren’t going bowling this year.

I think (my own opinion) we lost our best qb to Auburn. So be it.  That was Tucker screwing up how he handled shit because he listened to the arm chairs who just knew Kim was the answer.  Fuck them and Tucker for listening to the white noise.  

So we have two quarterbacks. Neither are All Big Ten but both have skills. I have no idea who is better because I don’t watch practice.  

I’m not going to suggest who should start, but I have a question for all of you guys.

If you’re in Barnett’s shoes right now, what are your plans for the future of this program?   What do you want from your future QB?  

Both have zero experience.  Both most likely will make some plays and both will do some dumb things from which they will learn.  

So do you give the time and experience to a guy who will be laving the program in a year?  Do you give it to a guy who might use the transfer portal but might be with the program for three more years?  

Neither of them are putting this team on their shoulders and winning a game for us.  So knowing how this season is going to go, who is your choice?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Quarterback problems. 2023 problems.  Empty Re: Quarterback problems. 2023 problems.

Post by kingstonlake 2023-09-23, 22:00

Hauser.

I think there are a few MAC schools who’d like to see if we could develop Kim into a decent QB for them, though.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Quarterback problems. 2023 problems.  Empty Re: Quarterback problems. 2023 problems.

Post by duffy munn 2023-09-23, 22:03

Go single wing with Jordan Hall taking the snaps
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-23, 22:07

6/12 44 yards

I don’t know how to tell you that that guy sucks too. If he were still here and starting we’d be 2-2 and I’d be absolutely pleading to not be playing him anymore
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-23, 22:08

But yeah anyway hauser because there’s never a reason to play the vet in a bad season when you could be getting the younger guy experience
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-23, 22:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:6/12 44 yards

I don’t know how to tell you that that guy sucks too. If he were still here and starting we’d be 2-2 and I’d be absolutely pleading to not be playing him anymore

I would argue that we might be 3-1 right now, but I could not care less. Tucker listened to the mob. Who cares at this point? That’s not my question.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-23, 22:23

DWags wrote:

I would argue that we might be 3-1 right now, but I could not care less. Tucker listened to the mob.  Who cares at this point?  That’s not my question.
You’d be wrong. Payton Thorne is an ass quarterback that was surrounded and bailed out by two nfl wide receivers and a should have won the heisman running back. I don’t understand how you can see what he’s doing at auburn (playing like ass and getting benched) and keep going to the well.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-23, 22:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

I would argue that we might be 3-1 right now, but I could not care less. Tucker listened to the mob.  Who cares at this point?  That’s not my question.
You’d be wrong. Payton Thorne is an ass quarterback that was surrounded and bailed out by two nfl wide receivers and a should have won the heisman running back. I don’t understand how you can see what he’s doing at auburn (playing like ass and getting benched) and keep going to the well.

Yeah, I think I’m right. But how can we prove that? Tucker heard the mob. No big deal at this point. I’m more interested in what Barnett wants out of this year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-09-23, 22:36

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah, I think I’m right. But how can we prove that? Tucker heard the mob. No big deal at this point. I’m more interested in what Barnett wants out of this year.

Turns out Thorne and Coleman were right to get out of Dodge. Maybe they saw/heard something about coach Jackoff. Who knows. Doesn't matter at this point. This was always a 6-6ish team.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-09-23, 22:46

I'm not in practice but I believe Kim could solid back up but like other players who can look great in practice, when there are 50,000+ fans with hostile opposition he locks into a receiver and fools no one.

If I'm in Barnett's shoes, I'm switching to Houser. Logic; Barnett has seen how Kim has performed in 2 starts against conference opponents. Time to give Houser an opportunity.

If Houser plays better he is the starter, Kim there to back him up if Houser is injured.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-23, 23:06

Houser was 6/10 for 75 yds, 7/10 if you count the INT. Quarterback problems. 2023 problems.  1494614055
I’m going with Sam Leavitt who was a perfect 2/2 today, for an explosive average of 4.5 yards.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-09-23, 23:34

If I was advising Leavitt, I would advise him to not burn his redshirt/eligibility. If he bails and heads back to a Big 12 or Mountain West team he'll still have 4 years of eligibility.

He's got no clue who the next HC will be and I'm willing to say the odds of the OC sticking around regardless who's named are less than 5%.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-27, 06:54

duffy munn wrote:Go single wing with Jordan Hall taking the snaps

Need an air coryell style offense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-27, 08:30

tGreenWay wrote:

Houser was 6/10 for 75 yds, 7/10 if you count the INT. Quarterback problems. 2023 problems.  1494614055
I’m going with Sam Leavitt who was a perfect 2/2 today, for an explosive average of 4.5 yards.

By taking Hauser out and putting him in for garbage time for one minute this staff thinks they might save both from the portal, I think it might cause them both to enter it.

When Muddy was here he had a pretty good stag. Bobby was ok. I don’t know about JLS but this staff , it seems cant get out of its own way. Goodbye, good luck. Thanks for being a Spartan.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-27, 08:41

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

By taking Hauser out and putting him in for garbage time for one minute this staff thinks they might save both from the portal, I think it might cause them both to enter it.

When Muddy was here he had a pretty good stag. Bobby was ok. I don’t know about JLS but this staff , it seems cant get out of its own way. Goodbye, good luck. Thanks for being a Spartan.

Maybe it's that Kim knows the offense better than Hauser and Hauser has more physical skills, so the staff is trying to win games but trying to develop Hauser when things have gone south?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-27, 08:46

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:

Maybe it's that Kim knows the offense better than Hauser and Hauser has more physical skills, so the staff is trying to win games but trying to develop Hauser when things have gone south?

Know the best way to really learn an offense?

I get it, the staff probably knows they’re gone, so they might just play the best players, and not give a damn about development. But at this point, I hope, Dantonio and Barnett can get together and say we have to develop these players for the future of Michigan State. That’s my hope, I don’t care if they do, I’ll still be watching every game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-27, 08:52

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I get it, the staff probably knows they’re gone, so they might just play the best players, and not give a damn about development. But at this point, I hope, Dantonio and Barnett can get together and say we have to develop these players for the future of Michigan State. That’s my hope, I don’t care if they do, I’ll still be watching every game.

Any success units of the team have reflect on the coach for that unit, and for them it is an audition for their next job.

The head coach especially has not only a longer-term outlook, but a responsibility to the current players to put them in the best place to win. It looks like he is trying to balance those.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-09-27, 08:55

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I think you'd lose the locker room pretty quick if you decided to develop players at this point (for some other coaching staff?) instead of playing the best guys.

The Coaches want to win. They're going to play whoever gives them the best chance to win right now.

I think. I could be wrong.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down