Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got an email that 35 million xfinitiy customers were breached..

+3
Trapper Gus
Motown Spartan
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Just got an email that 35 million xfinitiy customers were breached..   Empty Just got an email that 35 million xfinitiy customers were breached..

Post by DWags 2023-12-21, 08:29

Name, passwords, last four social security digits and secret question answers. My Norton alerted me. I wish I was more computer savy. I think it's sexy being a computer criminal.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Just got an email that 35 million xfinitiy customers were breached..   Empty Re: Just got an email that 35 million xfinitiy customers were breached..

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-12-21, 08:41

If I were one of those 35 million people I’d be pissed that all of my information that has been on the dark web for the last 15 years got leaked….
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Just got an email that 35 million xfinitiy customers were breached..   Empty Re: Just got an email that 35 million xfinitiy customers were breached..

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-12-21, 08:43

There used to be WEB sites that would let you build your own computer virus to hack whomever you wanted, don't know of those still exist, maybe on the "dark" WEB.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-12-21, 08:51

Same with Spectrum.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-21, 09:08

DWags wrote:Name, passwords, last four social security digits and secret question answers.  My Norton alerted me.  I wish I was more computer savy.  I think it's sexy being a computer criminal.  
What computer criminals look like to dwags

Just got an email that 35 million xfinitiy customers were breached..   Typing-tea
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-12-21, 09:15

SO was just watching the MSM segment on how criminals are hacking gift cards in stores.

If there is money to be made someone will find a hack to make it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-21, 09:16

My brother recently had a situation where an email from him went out asking for gift cards from a bunch of associates for legit sounding reasons and applying to the context in which he would normally be talking to these people. Of course, it wasn’t actually him, the email address was slightly off, but everything else looked legit like it was from him. Someone gave out hundreds in gift cards without realizing it and you can barely even blame him for thinking it was real.

Moral, don’t give money to anyone who asks for it on the internet alone. Text, call, whatever, always verify with a different communication source first.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-12-21, 10:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:My brother recently had a situation where an email from him went out asking for gift cards from a bunch of associates for legit sounding reasons and applying to the context in which he would normally be talking to these people. Of course, it wasn’t actually him, the email address was slightly off, but everything else looked legit like it was from him. Someone gave out hundreds in gift cards without realizing it and you can barely even blame him for thinking it was real.

Moral, don’t give money to anyone who asks for it on the internet alone. Text, call, whatever, always verify with a different communication source first.

Does a prolific Spartan related tweeter work for your brother?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-21, 10:41

Motown Spartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:My brother recently had a situation where an email from him went out asking for gift cards from a bunch of associates for legit sounding reasons and applying to the context in which he would normally be talking to these people. Of course, it wasn’t actually him, the email address was slightly off, but everything else looked legit like it was from him. Someone gave out hundreds in gift cards without realizing it and you can barely even blame him for thinking it was real.

Does a prolific Spartan related tweeter work for your brother?
It wasn’t work, but I have no idea. I did think I saw a similar story somewhere wasn’t sure if it was on this board or somewhere else. I’ll assume that was it and say that it was a different but similar story
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-12-21, 10:58

"Getting breached" sounds like horny talk.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-12-21, 11:54

AvgMSUJoe wrote:"Getting breached" sounds like horny talk.

Yup. Shut down this thread. It is disgusting. Part of the lib sex agenda for sure.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down