Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On this date in history: my favorite all time MSU bball player and I still think best ever …..

+3
NigelUno
duffy munn
DWags
7 posters

Go down

On this date in history: my favorite all time MSU bball player and I still think best ever ….. Empty On this date in history: my favorite all time MSU bball player and I still think best ever …..

Post by DWags 2023-12-30, 14:47

Lit up Denver.

[tw]1741147418547081564?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, duffy munn, Pervis Muldoon, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

On this date in history: my favorite all time MSU bball player and I still think best ever ….. Empty Re: On this date in history: my favorite all time MSU bball player and I still think best ever …..

Post by duffy munn 2023-12-31, 17:46

Gritty, gutty
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

On this date in history: my favorite all time MSU bball player and I still think best ever ….. Empty Re: On this date in history: my favorite all time MSU bball player and I still think best ever …..

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-31, 19:36

On this date in history: my favorite all time MSU bball player and I still think best ever ….. 1985-pontiac-fiero-2m4-d1v-prints
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2024-01-01, 04:01

duffy munn wrote:Gritty, gutty

gym rat
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-01, 07:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Gritty, gutty

gym rat

He actually was OTPT. Always had a basketball with him and stopped at every open court he saw. Some epic pick up games at Valley Court, Patriarch Park etc.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-01-01, 08:56

Favorite? Get that completely.

Best? Without debate, that would be Magic.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-01, 09:38

Zurn wrote:Favorite? Get that completely.

Then next is Draymond Green.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-01, 09:52

steveschneider wrote:
Zurn wrote:Favorite?   Get that completely.  

Best?   Without debate, that would be Magic.

Mix in some coffee with the leftover champagne you're drinking.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-01, 10:25

Zurn wrote:Favorite? Get that completely.

Magic was blessed with genetics. Skiles did so much with so little.

Both had a great work ethic, both hated to lose. Think about who was on Skiles team vs who magic played with. Skiles did more with less both on his team and with his body. Glad we had both.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-01, 10:45

Both played without the three-point line & with a different set of rules.

When did the shot clock start in CBB?

Starting in the 1985 college basketball season, the shot clock was set to 45 seconds. In 1993, the shot clock was changed to 35 seconds for men and 30 seconds for women.

With a three-point line Scotty would have been deadly.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-01, 10:51

DWags wrote:
Zurn wrote:Favorite?   Get that completely.  

Best?   Without debate, that would be Magic.

Magic was blessed with genetics.  Skiles did so much with so little.  

Both had a great work ethic, both hated to lose. Think about who was on Skiles team vs who magic played with.  Skiles did more with less both on his team and with his body.  Glad we had both.

All true Wags. What Skiles did with that 85/86 was incredible. I mean, you aren't supposed to beat Michigan ( killed them twice) and Georgetown with Larry Polec and Barry Fordham. Scottie did have DJ and Vernon Carr but not much else.

On the other hand, Magic won it all with Terry Donnely and Bo Bo but also had special K and Jay. To me, magic and Skiles are 1a and1b
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-01, 11:10

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Magic was blessed with genetics.  Skiles did so much with so little.  

Both had a great work ethic, both hated to lose. Think about who was on Skiles team vs who magic played with.  Skiles did more with less both on his team and with his body.  Glad we had both.

All true Wags. What Skiles did with that 85/86 was incredible. I mean, you aren't supposed to beat Michigan ( killed them twice) and Georgetown with Larry Polec and Barry Fordham. Scottie did have DJ and Vernon Carr but not much else.

On the other hand, Magic won it all with Terry Donnely and Bo Bo but also had special K and Jay. To me, magic and Skiles are 1a and1b

It’s always been that debate for me. Either magic or skiles. When people debate Skiles with Mateen I think it’s Skiles hands down.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-01, 11:12

And by the way, Skiles came up with Mateen taking the ball out first to Break Floridas press so he got it back on the second pass. Legend.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-01, 11:20

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Went to bed early and woke up feeling well rested. Educate me who is second place?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-01, 11:45

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

It’s always been that debate for me. Either magic or skiles. When people debate Skiles with Mateen I think it’s Skiles hands down.

Completely agree with Skiles over Cleaves

I know mateen was great and won it all but I would even put Cassius above him. Kid was just special and may have won it all if not for covid. So let's call them 2a and 2b
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-01, 11:57

Skiles > Mateen

The crazy thing is our best team with Skiles was probably the least talented of all the teams he played on.

The team with Skiles, Sam, Willis, and Ken Johnson was so disappointing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-01, 12:26

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Went to bed early and woke up feeling well rested. Educate me who is second place?

Draymond has some intangibles obviously.

But as far as best (or better) players, I'd go with Skiles, Smith, Respert, Cassius, Furlow, Mike Robinson...

Skiles had arguably the greatest single season in MSU basketball history.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-01, 12:34

Agree with Nigel about the team with Sam, skiles and Willis. I remember being so excited about that team with addition on Ken Johnson. And then Sam went off against a really good Oregon  St team at Jenison on national tv
( arena was so bright with the CBS lights). Willis never got healthy and the team under achieved
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-01-01, 13:05

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

But as far as best (or better) players, I'd go with Skiles, Smith, Respert, Cassius, Furlow, Mike Robinson...

I was factoring in the pro career as well as the college.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-01, 13:49

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I was factoring in the pro career as well as the college.

Oh. Gotcha.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down