Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General

+18
Gus Chiggins
Rook
AvgMSUJoe
Blanch32
Death Roe
dubie7006
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
tanfan!
Heat Miser
SeeRockCity
Rodeo Burger
InTenSity
Turtleneck
NigelUno
tTito
The Lonely Stoner
Bizarro Fletch
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should Nigel Uno be removed as Spartan Swill Secretary-General

Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 Vote_lcap81%Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 Vote_rcap 81% 
[ 21 ]
Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 26

Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 Empty Re: Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General

Post by Rook 2014-08-15, 09:56

And Thirded.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 Empty Re: Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-15, 09:59

Rook wrote:SRC:  The Charter Reads:

The Ephorate, will be elected by the Gerousia every even year, in the first month of OT season.  The process is TBD but voting will be conducted in the same way we always do.  There are no limits to the number of terms an Ephor can server, nor the sequence in which he/she serves them.  ALL EPHORATE POSTIONS ARE GRANTED BY ELECTION (yes, including mine) except in special circumstances, including, but not limited to, the resignation or early termination of a standing Ephor, the formation of the initial Ephorate, the replacement of an Ephor in the case of negligence or apathy toward his or her duty, the replacement of an Ephor due to a permaban.  

See my underlines.  The Charter clear anticipates the ability to remove a Ephor early in the case of negligence or apathy toward his/her duty.  Otherwise why have a provision to select a new Ephor in such events.    There are gaps in the language or the charter on how such removal is performed, but when powers are not specified to a managing body, the Members retain such powers.  Thus the only logical reading of this language is that the voting members have the authority to remove any standing Ephor if they collectively deem there to be negligence or apathy toward duties.  Being there is no provision to create supermajority voting on this issue (being silent) simple majority rules.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t2580-voting-now-open-to-permaban-nigeluno-for-like-forever
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-08-15, 10:01

that's a different question. My response would apply to all Ephor, not just you. and Permaban, rightfully, requires a higher vote percentage.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-08-15, 10:05

Rook wrote:SRC:  The Charter Reads:

The Ephorate, will be elected by the Gerousia every even year, in the first month of OT season.  The process is TBD but voting will be conducted in the same way we always do.  There are no limits to the number of terms an Ephor can server, nor the sequence in which he/she serves them.  ALL EPHORATE POSTIONS ARE GRANTED BY ELECTION (yes, including mine) except in special circumstances, including, but not limited to, the resignation or early termination of a standing Ephor, the formation of the initial Ephorate, the replacement of an Ephor in the case of negligence or apathy toward his or her duty, the replacement of an Ephor due to a permaban.  

See my underlines.  The Charter clear anticipates the ability to remove a Ephor early in the case of negligence or apathy toward his/her duty.  Otherwise why have a provision to select a new Ephor in such events.    There are gaps in the language or the charter on how such removal is performed, but when powers are not specified to a managing body, the Members retain such powers.  Thus the only logical reading of this language is that the voting members have the authority to remove any standing Ephor if they collectively deem there to be negligence or apathy toward duties.  Being there is no provision to create supermajority voting on this issue (being silent) simple majority rules.

Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 Dracula
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-15, 10:12

Rook wrote:that's a different question.  My response would apply to all Ephor, not just you.  and Permaban, rightfully, requires a higher vote percentage.

If you would like to change or amend the charter, raise a motion and we'll vote on it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-08-15, 10:15

charter needs revisions. BUT, we didn't vote on the original or the several updates. If I get bored, and drunk, I'll rewrite it to try and fix gaps.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-15, 10:43

Rook wrote:charter needs revisions.  BUT, we didn't vote on the original or the several updates.  If I get bored, and drunk, I'll rewrite it to try and fix gaps.

Most board decisions will be decided by the Gerousia, however, the Ephorate may, from time to time, make decisions and take actions or act independently of the Gerousia as long as those actions do not violate the board charter. In all cases, the charter shall be the governing body of the board and the community. The Ephorate may not change or update the charter without the consent, by vote (2/3 majority, ½ represented) of the Gerousia**.

*With the exception of SeeRockCity and Heat Miser (in their role as board admins).
**Exempted are changes made in the first year of the charter’s existence

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-08-15, 10:44

Rook wrote:charter needs revisions.  BUT, we didn't vote on the original or the several updates.  If I get bored, and drunk, I'll rewrite it to try and fix gaps.

The sitting board steward governs the Ephorate. This is not a Gerousia thing except for elections or perma-bans.

The language of the Charter is somewhat open to interpretation by design. That is why Nigel has room for interpretation. If you don't like the way he, or any of the Ephorate conduct their assigned roles, you may vote them out of office in 2016 on the first day of OT season.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gus Chiggins 2014-08-15, 10:50

Blanch32 wrote:

What is the role of sec gen?

Based on my observations, it looks like the job description is being an annoying little bitch who attempts to ruin the board at every given opportunity. I could be wrong, though.
Gus Chiggins
Gus Chiggins
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-08-15, 11:55

Gus Chiggins wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Based on my observations, it looks like the job description is being an annoying little bitch who attempts to ruin the board at every given opportunity. I could be wrong, though.

I don't think Nigel's posting habits would be much different if he was not the Sec Gen. He has no special powers or protections that enable him to be an "annoying little bitch". He's not a mod, so I believe he can be put on ignore. He can't ban anybody, so you're all welcome to DSF him at will. I find it kinda funny that he's basically taken the Tanfan/Bob/Ghost/Blanch playbook & turned against you people. So much so that Tanfan...TANFAN...has run back to tRCMB where the troll competition is not quite as stiff. Hell, nobody has even bothered to hijack his avatar. If he annoys you so much, band together & change his avatar to "annoying little bitch" or something for the next 6 months. Or find the votes & ban him. Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 2599972566

The whole purpose of the Swill is to have a place where people can say whatever they want without fear of random banning or censorship. Where the inmates run the asylum and as Tanner himself said "police themselves". All this bitching about Nigel is rather ironic in that regard.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-15, 12:03

Heat Miser wrote:

TANFAN...has run back to tRCMB where the troll competition is not quite as stiff.

He's a coward.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-15, 12:15

Seriously, with the personalities that migrated here, this is just the tip of the iceberg. A preview of the DSF's to come during the season.

There will be epic melt downs. I will be screaming at dumb asses who wonder why we didn't run it on 3rd and 4 because the pass was incomplete. Or at the morons who wonder about wheel routes and Tampa two.

There won't be locks of threads and dumb assedness will be pointed out and humiliated. Over and over.

If these idiotic DSF's over banning a and charters are any indication wait till we have our first bad game.

:rotf:
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-15, 13:00

SeeRockCity wrote:

The sitting board steward governs the Ephorate.  This is not a Gerousia thing except for elections or perma-bans.

The language of the Charter is somewhat open to interpretation by design.  That is why Nigel has room for interpretation.  If you don't like the way he, or any of the Ephorate conduct their assigned roles, you may vote them out of office in 2016 on the first day of OT season.

But, but, if he gets a perma ban and it is looking it is heading in that direct, then his powers have been neutered? Nes Pas?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-08-15, 13:03

Heat Miser wrote:

I don't think Nigel's posting habits would be much different if he was not the Sec Gen. He has no special powers or protections that enable him to be an "annoying little bitch". He's not a mod, so I believe he can be put on ignore. He can't ban anybody, so you're all welcome to DSF him at will. I find it kinda funny that he's basically taken the Tanfan/Bob/Ghost/Blanch playbook & turned against you people. So much so that Tanfan...TANFAN...has run back to tRCMB where the troll competition is not quite as stiff. Hell, nobody has even bothered to hijack his avatar. If he annoys you so much, band together & change his avatar to "annoying little bitch" or something for the next 6 months. Or find the votes & ban him. Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 2599972566

The whole purpose of the Swill is to have a place where people can say whatever they want without fear of random banning or censorship. Where the inmates run the asylum and as Tanner himself said "police themselves". All this bitching about Nigel is rather ironic in that regard.

Hence the reason I voted no. A yes vote legalized witch hunts which turns msg boards into police states
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-15, 13:11

Tanfan! wrote:

But, but, if he gets a perma ban and it is looking it is heading in that direct, then his powers have been neutered? Nes Pas?

Which powers? What color I use for titles?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-15, 13:12

Blanch32 wrote:

Hence the reason I voted no.  A yes vote legalized witch hunts which turns msg boards into police states

A voice of reason in the darkness.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-08-15, 13:19

Until Nigel discloses the automobile he drives, clothing styles he fancies, and his vacation destinations, he shouldn't be criticized.

Except for the fact he's a annoying little bitch.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-08-15, 13:21

Heat Miser wrote:Hell, nobody has even bothered to hijack his avatar. If he annoys you so much, band together & change his avatar to "annoying little bitch" or something for the next 6 months.

This feature is more pathetic than up and down votes on tRCMB, and that's saying a lot.

It tells you everything you need to know that Bee is the most excited about it.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-15, 13:25

Bizarro Fletch wrote:
This feature is more pathetic than up and down votes on tRCMB, and that's saying a lot.

Other than just criticism, you have any ideas you want to pitch, our just continue with the seething contempt?

Last edited by InTenSity on 2014-08-15, 13:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : on mobile)
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-15, 14:29

Everyone trusts Nigel to refrain from manipulating the votes right?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-08-15, 14:30

Bizarro Fletch wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Hell, nobody has even bothered to hijack his avatar. If he annoys you so much, band together & change his avatar to "annoying little bitch" or something for the next 6 months.

Think I'll use 200 of my own points to extend your avatar out another day Debbie Downer.  Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 2809484752 
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-08-15, 14:31

tTito wrote:Everyone trusts Nigel to refrain from manipulating the votes right?

The votes can't be manipulated. Believe me, I've checked it out thoroughly.  Twisted Evil 
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-15, 23:10

tTito wrote:Everyone trusts Nigel to refrain from manipulating the votes right?

Holy shit, you're the biggest chicken little in the world. Way to earn the title of biggest pussy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-08-16, 00:07

Heat Miser wrote:
Gus Chiggins wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

This is pretty damn dead on IMO
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-08-16, 00:27

I am a little bitch, 17 dudes wore my ass out of here. Hell, this little pussy needs the "I am a shitty troll badge".  I suck at life and I suck at trolling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-08-16, 03:12

This board has pretty much become a circle jerk of narcissism, petty middle school slap fights, and juvenile quality threads with no real debate or observation barely beyond GED levels. All with a Spartan logo slapped on it.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-16, 07:48

Heat Miser wrote:

Look, it's not a question where you can rip a dude back after he starts a dsf and it goes on for a couple of pages and then it's over with him. He's on here 24/7 and starts a fight with EVERYONE and continues with post after post until he feels he's won. He ruins every thread he enters. I never came out and announced I was leaving your board, I just gravitated back to the rcmb to read more content on football. The board traffic is basically Nigel trolling for attention and fights. Engaging him is not worth the effort because this board is all he's got and he'll sit there and respond to every quip until he gets the last word in. If you guys want to read that shit go for it. I read the mag, the rcmb and tSwill. I don't post as much on here because I detest Nigel. Enjoy reading his stupid shit.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-08-16, 08:54

Heat Miser wrote:

Where the inmates run the asylum and as Tanner himself said "police themselves". All this bitching about Nigel is rather ironic in that regard.
What exactly do you think Tanner is doing right now? Have you not noticed that nigel has been slightly less of a douchtard this week? What is your definition of policing themselves if not bitching and calling out people? Can we have Ferguson PD style hardware? Do you even think nigel knows he is being manipulated? If not then can you make sure he doesn't see this post? Would you like me to put in another question?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-08-16, 09:28

This is a whole lot of rules for a message board.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-16, 10:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
What exactly do you think Tanner is doing right now? Have you not noticed that nigel has been slightly less of a douchtard this week? What is your definition of policing themselves if not bitching and calling out people? Can we have Ferguson PD style hardware? Do you even think nigel knows he is being manipulated? If not then can you make sure he doesn't see this post? Would you like me to put in another question?

I didn't think I was alone in my opinion of Nigel. The voting to remove him is dangerously close to reality. His arrogance is getting the best of him. The normal swiller is growing tired if his schtick. You are correct his level of doucheyness has subsided this week. I think he's worried he might get banned from another board. We all win if he cuts his shit out. He won't cause he can't help himself.  Motion to remove Nigel Uno as Spartan Swill Secretary-General - Page 2 685334576 
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2