Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killer Mike Arrested After Winning Three Grammys

+11
steveschneider
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Killer Mike Arrested After Winning Three Grammys - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer Mike Arrested After Winning Three Grammys

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-05, 15:26

kingstonlake wrote:I suggest everyone read the original post. He doesn’t give two shits about whoever this person is, hadn’t a clue who they were or their music. It’s a troll thread to get responses and attention. Anyone with an ounce of music appreciation knows the real story is the music and a couple performances that were incredible. Someone just needs some attention. Yeah I know, I’ve made a few posts here…
I don't believe Isbell played last night but, thankfully, a large percentage of America probably isn't ready to hear what he's saying anyway.

The downside is that his ticket prices just went through the roof (again). I saw him twice in 2023 (didn't pay for it either time.. be sure to get yourself some good friends who can hook you up) - saw him a lot back in the Trucker days, then when he was a total wreck and played for maybe 15-20 people at times.

Dude has battled a lot of demons but he's worked hard, came out on the other side and is one of the good guys.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Killer Mike Arrested After Winning Three Grammys - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer Mike Arrested After Winning Three Grammys

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-05, 15:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I suggest everyone read the original post. He doesn’t give two shits about whoever this person is, hadn’t a clue who they were or their music. It’s a troll thread to get responses and attention. Anyone with an ounce of music appreciation knows the real story is the music and a couple performances that were incredible. Someone just needs some attention. Yeah I know, I’ve made a few posts here…
I don't believe Isbell played last night but, thankfully, a large percentage of America probably isn't ready to hear what he's saying anyway.

The downside is that his ticket prices just went through the roof (again). I saw him twice in 2023 (didn't pay for it either time.. be sure to get yourself some good friends who can hook you up) - saw him a lot back in the Trucker days, then when he was a total wreck and played for maybe 15-20 people at times.

Dude has battled a lot of demons but he's worked hard, came out on the other side and is one of the good guys.

Isbell is a he? When you first posted I thought it was a ‘she’. I’ll give it a listen right now.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-05, 15:40

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Isbell is a he? When you first posted I thought it was a ‘she’. I’ll give it a listen right now.
he doesn't care what you refer to him as.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-05, 15:46

he also won "Best Americana Album" last night, as well.

grab a Kleenex and listen to "Cast Iron Skillet" here - just him, a couch and a guitar. Around the 36:30 mark here.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-05, 16:23

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:Kids and their boyfriends were over for Sunday dinner last night. One of them said, after looking at the phone, that killer Mike was arrested Of course, my wife and I have never heard of him. my oldest daughter said, it’s obviously staged event so people like mom and dad can hear the name

I’m going to agree with her. Completely staged completely times for maximum publicity, they start waving around a shiny object and most of the fools in the country. Look at the object and make a big deal of it. It works for the people who get sucked in by such things

I’m sure he sold a couple more records today because of it

Exactly. The target audience for shit like this is Steve.

Steve would never fall for advertising
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-02-05, 16:29

Nordic wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

or any shiny object
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-05, 16:59

Nordic wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Maybe take that up in a thread about advertising. Thanks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-05, 17:04

duffy munn wrote:
Nordic wrote:

or any shiny object

You should check in on Kingston. I think he needs his diaper changed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-05, 18:09

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/rcna137352

Viewership up 34% from last years show.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-05, 18:23

steveschneider wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/rcna137352

steveschneider wrote:
Yeah the topic blew up in the news and social media but I’m the only one talking about it. And LOL at you actually watching the Grammys.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-02-05, 18:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/rcna137352

steveschneider wrote:
Yeah the topic blew up in the news and social media but I’m the only one talking about it. And LOL at you actually watching the Grammys.

Steve thinks rating are up for the Grammys because Killer Mike got arrested. Seriously how dumb is this guy?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-05, 19:53

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Steve thinks rating are up for the Grammys because Killer Mike got arrested. Seriously how dumb is this guy?
I like Steve, but he does seem to try a little too hard to come across as "edgy" at times.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-02-05, 20:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I like Steve, but he does seem to try a little too hard to come across as "edgy" at times.

Honestly I hope he's troll but suspect he's actually a moron
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2024-02-05, 21:43

Miley Cyrus didn't thank Billy Ray during her acceptance speech. And it appears to have been an intentional snub, as she also left him out of her gratitude post on Instagram. That probably achy broke his fuckin heart.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-05, 22:19

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Miley Cyrus didn't thank Billy Ray during her acceptance speech. And it appears to have been an intentional snub, as she also left him out of her gratitude post on Instagram. That probably achy broke his fuckin heart.

Pretty sure the two don’t get along. FWIW I like her music. I think she is very good.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-06, 07:26

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I never said any of that. Not a single word of what you are saying I I never said. I don’t even know where you get these ideas. Stop attacking and stop attributing your lame ideas to me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-02-06, 08:45

Nordic wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:Miley Cyrus didn't thank Billy Ray during her acceptance speech. And it appears to have been an intentional snub, as she also left him out of her gratitude post on Instagram. That probably achy broke his fuckin heart.

Pretty sure the two don’t get along. FWIW I like her music. I think she is very good.
Her singing voice is fine. Her talking is like nails on a chalkboard. She gives me the heebie-jeebies.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

kingstonlake and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-02-06, 08:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Her singing voice is fine. Her talking is like nails on a chalkboard. She gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Nobody's perfect, you live and you learn it.
But if she'd just sing and quit making those faces it would be the best of both worlds.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-06, 12:31

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Nordic wrote:

No argument there. I think she has a unique voice and has some untapped potential. Still young/not a lot of material out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-06, 12:47

TayTay should have been arrested for ignoring Celine Dion on stage.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-06, 17:44

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I like Steve, but he does seem to try a little too hard to come across as "edgy" at times.

Honestly I hope he's troll but suspect he's actually a moron

Looking at the time stamp I suspect you were drinking and posting. That would explain the irrationality and the hostility. :)
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2