Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are people

+8
GRR Spartan
Rick Saunders
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
Motown Spartan
TravelinMan
NigelUno
kingstonlake
12 posters

Go down

Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are people Empty Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are people

Post by DWags 2024-02-20, 12:20

Jesus

Did they get to count these frozen embryos in the census?  If they are destroyed, is it now murder??  

Do The parents that have donated get to write them off as a tax credit?

As Alabama, comes up with new and better ways to kill people on death row, and they come up with new and better ways to allow maniacs access to AR15’s. we can only hope that this ruling isn’t too confusing for the knuckle draggers down there  

If any right wing Christian nationalist are reading this, I will sum it up if you are confused. ANYONE WHO IS OVER THE AGE OF ONE SECOND OLD, THEY ARE ON THEIR OWN DODGING BULLETS RAPISTS MURDERERS. FIND FOID FOR YOURSELF, FIND EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES ON YOUR OWN.  FUCK YOU

Frozen embryos, Alabama will do everything they can to protect you.

The head of the supreme court actually quoted the Bible and his ruling.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/02/20/alabama-supreme-court-frozen-embryos-ruling-ivf/72662533007/

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are people Empty Re: Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are people

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-20, 12:34

DWags wrote:Jesus

Did they get to count these frozen embryos in the census?  If they are destroyed, is it now murder??  

Do The parents that have donated get to write them off as a tax credit?

As Alabama, comes up with new and better ways to kill people on death row, and they come up with new and better ways to allow maniacs access to AR15’s. we can only hope that this ruling isn’t too confusing for the knuckle draggers down there  

If any right wing Christian nationalist are reading this, I will sum it up if you are confused. ANYONE WHO IS OVER THE AGE OF ONE SECOND OLD, THEY ARE ON THEIR OWN DODGING BULLETS RAPISTS MURDERERS. FIND FOID FOR YOURSELF, FIND EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES ON YOUR OWN.  FUCK YOU

Frozen embryos, Alabama will do everything they can to protect you.

The head of the supreme court actually quoted the Bible and his ruling.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/02/20/alabama-supreme-court-frozen-embryos-ruling-ivf/72662533007/

America is a stupid (and christian) country.

I just hope none of god's embryonic children get hungry.

Alabama rejecting new summer food aid for children

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are people Empty Re: Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are people

Post by TravelinMan 2024-02-20, 13:00

I assume these embryos have a right to own an assault weapon?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-02-20, 13:31

TravelinMan wrote:I assume these embryos have a right to own an assault weapon?

Good luck to the embryos with the ccw.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-02-20, 13:50

If they end up frozen for 18 years will they be able to vote?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-02-20, 13:50

Probably legal for conservatives to marry an embryo in Alabama as well.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Robert J Sakimano, DWags, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-20, 14:03

kingstonlake wrote:Probably legal for conservatives to marry an embryo in Alabama as well.

Only if it's their cousin

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus, Jake from State Farm and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-20, 15:06

Jake from State Farm wrote:If they end up frozen for 18 years will they be able to vote?
the 'pro-life' republicans/libertarians will try to starve them to death.. if that doesn't work, they'll celebrate their murder in a school shooting while issuing 'thoughts and prayers'..

If they somehow survive until 18, the fine christians will pray that they've kept the embryo ignorant enough to vote republican/libertarian.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-20, 15:26

I wonder if they’ll let frozen related embryos marry each other?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-20, 17:40

Can one of our right wing knuckle draggers please explain to me the philosophy behind this?  I would just love to get your take on it. That frozen embryos are people.  if you can clear your head of the fog of racism, misogynist and hate for a moment, I would love to hear an explanation of why a frozen embryo is a person  TIA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-20, 17:43

DWags wrote:Can one of our right wing knuckle draggers please explain to me the philosophy behind this?  I would just love to get your take on it frozen embryos are people.  if you can clear your head of the fog of racism, misogynist and hate, I would love to hear an explanation of why a frozen embryo is a person  TIA

Not one of those, but their point of view is simple, a human life starts when the egg meets the sperm, frozen embryos are frozen humans.

As for the court ruling, that is probably that the state has a law stating the human life begins when the egg meets the sperm.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-02-20, 17:49

DWags wrote:Can one of our right wing knuckle draggers please explain to me the philosophy behind this?  I would just love to get your take on it. That frozen embryos are people.  if you can clear your head of the fog of racism, misogynist and hate for a moment, I would love to hear an explanation of why a frozen embryo is a person  TIA

There are Jews in the world
There are Buddhists
There are Hindus and Mormons, and then
There are those that follow Mohammed, but
I've never been one of them

I'm a Roman Catholic,
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics is:
They'll take you as soon as you're warm

You don't have to be a six-footer
You don't have to have a great brain
You don't have to have any clothes on You're
A Catholic the moment Dad came,

Because

Every sperm is sacred
Every sperm is great
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate

Every sperm is sacred
Every sperm is great
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate

Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found

Every sperm is wanted
Every sperm is good
Every sperm is needed
In your neighborhood

Hindu, Taoist, Mormon,
Spill theirs just anywhere,
But God loves those who treat their
Semen with more care

Every sperm is sacred
Every sperm is great
If a sperm is wasted,
CHILDREN:
God get quite irate

Every sperm is sacred
BRIDE and GROOM:
Every sperm is good
Every sperm is needed
CARDINALS:
In your neighbourhood!

Every sperm is useful
Every sperm is fine
God needs everybody's
Mine!
And mine!
And mine!

Let the Pagan spill theirs
O'er mountain, hill, and plain
HOLY STATUES:
God shall strike them down for
Each sperm that's spilt in vain

Every sperm is sacred
Every sperm is good
Every sperm is needed
In your neighborhood

Every sperm is sacred
Every sperm is great
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite iraaaaaate!
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-20, 17:51

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:Can one of our right wing knuckle draggers please explain to me the philosophy behind this?  I would just love to get your take on it frozen embryos are people.  if you can clear your head of the fog of racism, misogynist and hate, I would love to hear an explanation of why a frozen embryo is a person  TIA

Not one of those, but their point of view is simple, a human life starts when the egg meets the sperm, frozen embryos are frozen humans.

As for the court ruling, that is probably that the state has a law stating the human life begins when the egg meets the sperm.

So, is it legal to freeze human beings while alive in Alabama? Just a follow up. Because it seems that must be the rule. Also, I don’t think you need their permission to freeze them while alive, because I don’t think an embryo can give permission to be frozen.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-02-20, 18:00

HILLARY. WAS. RIGHT.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-20, 18:38

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

So, is it legal to freeze human beings while alive in Alabama? Just a follow up. Because it seems that must be the rule. Also, I don’t think you need their permission to freeze them while alive, because I don’t think an embryo can give permission to be frozen.

I'm not a lawyer nor an expert on AL law.

My guess is that the law might view these "children" as under their parents protection first, and the State's, second. Thus the parents decide?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-20, 18:49

My guess is that even the knuckle-scrapers in Alabama will soon come to realize how ridiculous this whole christo-fascist movement is when it starts to impact their wives and daughters.

That is, if they love and respect their wives and daughters.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-02-20, 18:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:My guess is that even the knuckle-scrapers in Alabama will soon come to realize how ridiculous this whole christo-fascist movement is when it starts to impact their wives and daughters.

That is, if they love and respect their wives and daughters.

I'd be willing to bet they view their cousins and cousins as property.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, DWags, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-02-21, 23:54

Meanwhile in FL, it's measles? Scmeasles time.

Unvaccinated kids can skip quarantine.

From the link:

FURTHER READING
Measles erupts in Florida school where 11% of kids are unvaccinated
The school has a low vaccination rate, suggesting that the extremely contagious virus could spark a yet larger outbreak. But in a letter sent to parents late Tuesday, Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo—known for spreading anti-vaccine rhetoric and vaccine misinformation—indicated that unvaccinated students can skip the normally recommended quarantine period.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/02/unvaccinated-florida-kids-exposed-to-measles-can-skip-quarantine-officials-say/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-02-22, 05:26

GRR Spartan wrote:Meanwhile in FL, it's measles? Scmeasles time.

From the link:

FURTHER READING
The school has a low vaccination rate, suggesting that the extremely contagious virus could spark a yet larger outbreak. But in a letter sent to parents late Tuesday, Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo—known for spreading anti-vaccine rhetoric and vaccine misinformation—indicated that unvaccinated students can skip the normally recommended quarantine period.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/02/unvaccinated-florida-kids-exposed-to-measles-can-skip-quarantine-officials-say/

Let them kill off their future voting base.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-22, 13:28

I’m all up in the car pool lanes in Alabama!

Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are people Img_7325

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, sεяεηιτλ and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-02-22, 13:36

DWags wrote:I’m all up in the car pool lanes in Alabama!

Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are people Img_7325

Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are people 1966794946
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2024-02-22, 14:00

Motown Spartan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Meanwhile in FL, it's measles? Scmeasles time.

From the link:

FURTHER READING

Let them kill off their future voting base.
This is taking place at a school in Weston. This is a very affluent area. Just nuts there is an outbreak. I had to go to urgent care Monday night and they have someone at the front to screen any kids coming in.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-02-22, 15:37

It takes multiple embryos to result in one birth for almost all IVF pregnancies. Nikki Haley, having conceived via IVF and also having stated that embryos are babies, should be asked directly how many murders of babies she abetted in order to ultimately give birth to her son.

It isn't a rude or unfair question.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-22, 15:51

Rick Saunders wrote:It takes multiple embryos to result in one birth for almost all IVF pregnancies. Nikki Haley, having conceived via IVF and also having stated that embryos are babies, should be asked directly how many murders of babies she abetted in order to ultimately give birth to her son.

She doesn't handle direct questions at all well, but her campaign should be asked that question without the "murder" in it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-02-22, 16:24

Trapper Gus wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:It takes multiple embryos to result in one birth for almost all IVF pregnancies. Nikki Haley, having conceived via IVF and also having stated that embryos are babies, should be asked directly how many murders of babies she abetted in order to ultimately give birth to her son.

She doesn't handle direct questions at all well, but her campaign should be asked that question without the "murder" in it.

Those extra embryos died. Her physicians explained this process to her. Her physicians and she knew full well those extra embryos would die. This was premeditated. It is not an opinion, based on her premise, that it was murder. She cannot believe both that embryos are babies and that she is not a murderer. So which is it Nikki?

However, there is part of me that also agrees with your approach because most of the time I believe we should just let folks talk. The more they talk the more you learn what they really think or are willing to agree with for expedience.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

DWags, Trapper Gus and sεяεηιτλ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-24, 07:45

We are seeing lots of Republicans saying they are in favor of IVF while ducking the issue of if IVF frozen embryos are people.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-02-25, 12:37

The IVF decision by the Alabama Supreme Court and supported by the state’s 79 year old governor Kay Ivy is an example of what happens when like minded people stay in their bubble.

The GOP celebration was short lived. Within 24 hours snap polling showed the GOP full throated support of the decision just reminded female voters of the lengths the GOP and its “conservative” judiciary will go to insert themselves in fertility and healthcare decisions.

Within a week the backpedaling has begun. Trump flipped and now GOP House Speaker Mike Johnson is trying to redefine his previous public remarks.

(I think Trump’s public statements were made after his camp knew Nikki Hailey’s support of the decision would hurt her.)
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-25, 12:49

Conservatives want to control females because they resent them. However they enjoy power too. So they will say or do whatever it takes. I see all these conservatives back peddling like the spineless piece of shit cowards they are.

Some of them have more back peddling skills than our DB’s.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-02-26, 07:41

Saw a meme on Instagram "How can you tell if it's a child or an embryo? You can freeze an embryo and it will live"
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-26, 08:18

keep in mind, this is the future that republicans/libertarians want for the United States.

they want full control of women. This 'back peddling" is election year lies for the christians. They know exactly what they want to do and they know that it doesn't play well with America, American families and, esp. women and those of us who respect our wives and daughters.

keep in mind that the christians on SCOTUS all agreed that Roe was settled and a result of precedent. They lie in order to control.

don't buy their lies and PR campaign through their accomplices in the mainstream media.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-26, 08:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:keep in mind, this is the future that republicans/libertarians want for the United States.

they want full control of women. This 'back peddling" is election year lies for the christians. They know exactly what they want to do and they know that it doesn't play well with America, American families and, esp. women and those of us who respect our wives and daughters.

keep in mind that the christians on SCOTUS all agreed that Roe was settled and a result of precedent. They lie in order to control.

don't buy their lies and PR campaign through their accomplices in the mainstream media.

[tw]1761258686977114489[/tw]

[tw]1761381067561275828[/tw]

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down