Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report’s out. Recommends Trustees Vassar & Denno be dismissed. Scott censured.

+11
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
CaptainSlow33
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
Trapper Gus
tGreenWay
DWags
GRR Spartan
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Report’s out.  Recommends Trustees Vassar & Denno be dismissed.  Scott censured. Empty Report’s out. Recommends Trustees Vassar & Denno be dismissed. Scott censured.

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:14 pm

Say Buh Bye

Reading the report it appears it states there are grounds to remove both Vassar and Denno and censure Scott.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/campus/2024/02/28/msu-vassar-denno-scott-misconduct-investigation/72777367007/

Here’s the report.  Not light reading.

MSU Independent Investigation Report

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Report’s out.  Recommends Trustees Vassar & Denno be dismissed.  Scott censured. Empty Re: Report’s out. Recommends Trustees Vassar & Denno be dismissed. Scott censured.

Post by DWags Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:26 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Say Buh Bye

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/campus/2024/02/28/msu-vassar-denno-scott-misconduct-investigation/72777367007/

Right on. I wondered what that email was that we got today. Seemed weird.

Get rid of those fuck wads. Do it publicly. Show video of them walking out of their office with their shit. GTFO.

Now, can they run again?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Report’s out.  Recommends Trustees Vassar & Denno be dismissed.  Scott censured. Empty Re: Report’s out. Recommends Trustees Vassar & Denno be dismissed. Scott censured.

Post by tGreenWay Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Lawsuits coming in 3,2,1.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:35 pm

Now we know why Stanley resigned.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:01 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:Now we know why Stanley resigned.
And whats her name didnt want the gig.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:02 pm

Denno and Vassar were gunning to run off interim president Woodruff.

Vassar thought being elected chair meant rules for others didn't apply to her.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:13 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Denno and Vassar were gunning to run off interim president Woodruff.

Vassar thought being elected chair meant rules for others didn't apply to her.

What is printed in the Lansing State Journal says that they were doing things to intimidate Woodruff.

The question is why? (WTF)

It also sounds like some board members didn't want their wings clipped by being formally aware of their roles & responsibilities.

What a cluster, and it probably is just going to another round unless Whitmer steps in, which has negative politics for her.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:29 pm

Whitmer can appoint Stabenow now.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:33 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Whitmer can appoint Stabenow now.

As a trustee?

Stabenow isn't leaving the Senate until January 2025 because of numbers in the Senate, and Senate rules do not allow Senators to hold other offices.

The BoT has already chosen a new President who starts in March.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:46 pm

Governor Whitmer is term limited out. Vassar's term ends 1 Jan '29 and Denno's ends 1 Jan 31. She can censure Trustee Scott. That keeps her on the board. That seat is on the 2026 ballot. Keeps one MSU grad / minority / female demo on the BOT

MSU Trustee appointments are valuable political chits Governor Whitmer can use to appoint two new trustees who know they won't have to bother with 2 election cycles.

Whittmer's office probably knew the report's suggestions recommending severe actions for Vassar and Denno were possible.

Make a decision. Let Rema Vassar talk and talk and talk and threaten to file a law suit. That will prove she's never given a rat's ass about MSU. Its all about Rema.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:01 pm

Who gets pissed at Whitmer if she takes action and will it affect the November election?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:46 pm

Vassar and Denno should resign, but probably won’t. Whitmer needs to wield her axe immediately.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Vassar and Denno should resign, but probably won’t. Whitmer needs to wield her axe immediately.

People that run for these positions are largely looking to gain power and influence. They don’t give two shits about MSU. Which appears to be the case here and was the case with Ferguson forever. They won’t be resigning because of this.

I don’t know the answer on how to appoint people to these positions. But a public election is asinine. They are names on a piece of paper. Equally as bad is voting for an individual simply because they have an R or D in front their name. That doesn’t make them a good person. Hell, I probably voted for at least one of these turds.

Maybe they should be appointed by the sitting governor and/or legislature. Two every two years. We hire these people to make these types of decisions. That is not going to solve all the problems, but the current proces blows.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, DWags and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:36 am

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Vassar and Denno should resign, but probably won’t. Whitmer needs to wield her axe immediately.

People that run for these positions are largely looking to gain power and influence. They don’t give two shits about MSU. Which appears to be the case here and was the case with Ferguson forever. They won’t be resigning because of this.

I don’t know the answer on how to appoint people to these positions. But a public election is asinine. They are names on a piece of paper. Equally as bad is voting for an individual simply because they have an R or D in front their name. That doesn’t make them a good person. Hell, I probably voted for at least one of these turds.

Maybe they should be appointed by the sitting governor and/or legislature. Two every two years. We hire these people to make these types of decisions. That is not going to solve all the problems, but the current proces blows.

Not to mention a term is 8 years long. That’s absurd.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, gomersbro and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:00 am

There should also be a zero tolerance rule.  Do not allow one of these board members to take one penny from any donor or any donors company or any company that a donors  company does business with.  

No plane trips, no lunches, no tickets to any games, not one penny.  Further, they can’t meet with one head of a department, with one professor, with one professional group , with one coach, with one administrator, with one student group, unless they do so in a quorum of board members.

Zero tolerance. If it’s found that any of these people have taken one penny, or one gratuitous benefit they are immediately removed from the board.  If they truly love Michigan State, they won’t have any problems with that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:11 am

I don't know about all "gifts" but the report pretty much says there is a zero tolerance rule for some of the things they have done.

It is likely however that the Govenor will need to act to remove these people from the board, as they can't even be bothered to attend training sessions to learn what they are allowed to do as board members.

IMO the board member who refused to turn over his phone to the investigation also should be gone.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:23 am

DWags wrote:There should also be a zero tolerance rule.  Do not allow one of these board members to take one penny from any donor or any donors company or any company that a donors  company does business with.  

No plane trips, no lunches, no tickets to any games, not one penny.  Further, they can’t meet with one head of a department, with one professor, with one professional group , with one coach, with one administrator, with one student group, unless they do so in a quorum of board members.

Zero tolerance. If it’s found that any of these people have taken one penny, or one gratuitous benefit they are immediately removed from the board.  If they truly love Michigan State, they won’t have any problems with that.

I think I said this before...The BoT is a poorly run HOA. You don't need any real qualifications to make big decisions. People want to take credit for stuff, and act like big shots.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:24 am

Trapper Gus wrote:I don't know about all "gifts" but the report pretty much says there is a zero tolerance rule for some of the things they have done.

It is likely however that the Govenor will need to act to remove these people from the board, as they can't even be bothered to attend training sessions to learn what they are allowed to do as board members.

IMO the board member who refused to turn over his phone to the investigation also should be gone.

So, now you guys get to hear a personal story. Maybe I’ve said it before but you tell me whether you think this was right or not.  Y’all know, my daughter was on the spirit squad, Eddie Murray had to pony up money for a change of uniforms for all the girls on the cheer and the dance team  he did .   Those cute little cheerleading uniforms you saw them ware up till the year 2020 or often paid for by parents  

That was fine. They did get some perks, first pick of classes make sure everything fit their schedule because they had a practice schedule   They got per diem, etc., and at least for my daughter she was damn close face-to-face with all the action on the championship football season in 2015 and a final four run in 2019   Hotels, etc we’re paid for, all the girls I know on the team were pretty decent students and the connections they made landed them really decent jobs throughout the country when they graduated.

However, the final four in Minneapolis, after the upset of Duke.  All of the cheer squad was kicked off the plane to Minneapolis and put on a chartered bus.  The reason for that was the board of trustees each got to take three or four family members on the plane with them.  They were taking family, friends, nephews, and cousins.  

Cheers squad, and the guy who was Sparty all took it in stride, and I didn’t really care, but I thought, “ fuck these board members,” I can see spouses going, but now you’re taking cousins or a friend and that was bullshit
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, gomersbro and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:36 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

That is ridiculous. 3-year term with two term max. These should not be permanent positions and they are abused as such.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:42 am

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That is ridiculous. 3-year term with two term max. These should not be permanent positions and they are abused as such.

Are the 8 year terms to provide some stability (ha ha) on the BoT or to save money in elections?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:43 am

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:I don't know about all "gifts" but the report pretty much says there is a zero tolerance rule for some of the things they have done.

So, now you guys get to hear a personal story. Maybe I’ve said it before but you tell me whether you think this was right or not.  Y’all know, my daughter was on the spirit squad, Eddie Murray had to pony up money for a change of uniforms for all the girls on the cheer and the dance team  he did .   Those cute little cheerleading uniforms you saw them ware up till the year 2020 or often paid for by parents  

That was fine. They did get some perks, first pick of classes make sure everything fit their schedule because they had a practice schedule   They got per diem, etc., and at least for my daughter she was damn close face-to-face with all the action on the championship football season in 2015 and a final four run in 2019   Hotels, etc we’re paid for, all the girls I know on the team were pretty decent students and the connections they made landed them really decent jobs throughout the country when they graduated.

However, the final four in Minneapolis, after the upset of Duke.  All of the cheer squad was kicked off the plane to Minneapolis and put on a chartered bus.  The reason for that was the board of trustees each got to take three or four family members on the plane with them.  They were taking family, friends, nephews, and cousins.  

Cheers squad, and the guy who was Sparty all took it in stride, and I didn’t really care, but I thought, “ fuck these board members,” I can see spouses going, but now you’re taking cousins or a friend and that was bullshit

I agree that this is BS and question any board by-laws that give the BoT or any other part of the administration these sorts of perks.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:31 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Are the 8 year terms to provide some stability (ha ha) on the BoT or to save money in elections?

Who is that working out...
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:56 am

The items on my Wish List would probably  require changing Michigan’s State Constitution is term limits and maximum time on board.

Term limits - 8 year terms provide stability.  BOT members limited to 2 terms and 18 years maximum if one serves until the next November election and serves the rest of the resigning or deceased trustee’s term.

MSU sets up Ethics and Transparency rules and agreement that all Trustees are required to sign prior to be sworn in.  That means no gifts, trips outside of university business (ie conferences).  If they violate rules like Vassar and Denno did going rogue and don’t follow a chain of command they can be replaced.

Trustees can fly on a team plane with a spouse, child or guest and those people’s names will be listed on the manifest.  They can buy their own hats, sweatshirts and other MSU swag for themselves and their travel guest.

Just hope this report gives Whitmer the cover to replace candidates nominated by Democrats.  In this highly political world the fact both were nominated by Democrats.   Using my pretzel logic it’s better to offend some butt hurt Democratic faction then deal with the immediate fallout by good selections for their replacements than if both were nominated by the GOP.

Should this be a non-partisan but MI Supreme Court and other court judgeships are non-partisan ( Wink Wink) and they aren’t.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:12 pm

Dear MSU Community,

As chair of the Michigan State University Board of Trustees Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee, I’m writing to let you know the board has received the report from Miller & Chevalier and is reviewing the findings carefully. As you might recall, Miller & Chevalier was the law firm hired by MSU to investigate alleged Code of Ethics and Conduct violations by Board of Trustees members.

The board takes our responsibility and governance seriously and is committed to upholding our code of ethics.

Sincerely,

Trustee Dan Kelly
Chair of the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee

Report’s out.  Recommends Trustees Vassar & Denno be dismissed.  Scott censured. 420617953
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:52 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

Dear MSU Community,

As chair of the Michigan State University Board of Trustees Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee, I’m writing to let you know the board has received the report from Miller & Chevalier and is reviewing the findings carefully. As you might recall, Miller & Chevalier was the law firm hired by MSU to investigate alleged Code of Ethics and Conduct violations by Board of Trustees members.

The board takes our responsibility and governance seriously and is committed to upholding our code of ethics.

Sincerely,

Trustee Dan Kelly
Chair of the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee

Report’s out.  Recommends Trustees Vassar & Denno be dismissed.  Scott censured. 420617953
Governance using The 5 D’s of Dodge Ball 

DODGE, DIP, DIVE, DUCK and DODGE
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:12 pm

We are going to see a text book case of COVER OUR ASSES at the BOT’s 10 PM Sunday meeting to discuss the Miller & Chevalier report of their fuck ups.

Chances Denno and Vassar submit their resignations?

The cynic in me says it’s between slim and none with none leading by 10 lengths at the turn.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:46 pm

Fuck Vassar and Denno right to hell

[tw]1764360956249796771?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:30 pm

Whitmer has to get rid of these embarrassments. IDC that Rema resigned as president.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:42 pm

[tw]1764456259325968817?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]

cheers
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:55 pm

Unless I'm misreading it, "resigning as board chair" = still on the board, right?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:55 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Unless I'm misreading it, "resigning as board chair" = still on the board, right?

That’s how I interpreted it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:10 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Unless I'm misreading it, "resigning as board chair" = still on the board, right?

Fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:25 pm

DWags wrote:

Fuck.

Baby steps. Still a positive. This is not done.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:03 am

Below is a link to email the governor. The page also contains a phone number if you prefer to make contact in that fashion. Time to pressure Gretchen, although I would hope she already knows what needs to be done.

https://somgovweb.state.mi.us/GovRelations/ContactGovernor.aspx
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:29 am

So, no resignations from the board and board members who were clearly in the wrong pointing at other board members as needing to be investigated, too.

Still a mess and the new President officially starts a few days.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:50 am

tGreenWay wrote:Below is a link to email the governor. The page also contains a phone number if you prefer to make contact in that fashion. Time to pressure Gretchen, although I would hope she already knows what needs to be done.

I would like to see Big Gretch to step up and put an end to this insanity, thereby sending a message to the Board, in general, and future members.

I suspect she wouldn't tolerate this form of insubordination, chaos, behind-the-scenes manipulation and overall conduct from her cabinet, she shouldn't tolerate it from the state's largest public institution.

while I realize the concept that executive office involvement could establish a dangerous precedent and a slippery slope (imagine some misogynistic, right wing knuckle-scraping christian in office deciding that, say.... books were a tool of the devil), but this insanity has gone on too long.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn, Nordic, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:58 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Below is a link to email the governor. The page also contains a phone number if you prefer to make contact in that fashion. Time to pressure Gretchen, although I would hope she already knows what needs to be done.

I would like to see Big Gretch to step up and put an end to this insanity, thereby sending a message to the Board, in general, and future members.

I suspect she wouldn't tolerate this form of insubordination, chaos, behind-the-scenes manipulation and overall conduct from her cabinet, she shouldn't tolerate it from the state's largest public institution.

while I realize the concept that executive office involvement could establish a dangerous precedent and a slippery slope (imagine some misogynistic, right wing knuckle-scraping christian in office deciding that, say.... books were a tool of the devil), but this insanity has gone on too long.

Not sure about the process, the report refers to a section number of Michigan Law, but as the MAGA County government has shown, they don't much care. If the people of Michigan elect a MAGA government Katey bar the door.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:53 am

I harp on this a lot, but there is absolutely no reason voters should be electing the MSU Board. Or any other university board, for that matter. Yes, allowing the board members to be selected by the sitting governor opens the potential for politicization for the board, but I'd argue that having "Republican" or "Democrat" listed under their name on the ballot has already done that. The shit coming out about Rema is absolutely unacceptable for a board member of a major research institution. Kick her off the board. Let her play the victim, and lordy let her sue. Much like Tuck, the university has receipts. I wonder why he hasn't brought a suit against MSU yet, despite all the chest beating in the fall that he was going to? scratch
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano, Cameron and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:57 am

CaptainSlow33 wrote:I harp on this a lot, but there is absolutely no reason voters should be electing the MSU Board. Or any other university board, for that matter. Yes, allowing the board members to be selected by the sitting governor opens the potential for politicization for the board, but I'd argue that having "Republican" or "Democrat" listed under their name on the ballot has already done that. The shit coming out about Rema is absolutely unacceptable for a board member of a major research institution. Kick her off the board. Let her play the victim, and lordy let her sue. Much like Tuck, the university has receipts. I wonder why he hasn't brought a suit against MSU yet, despite all the chest beating in the fall that he was going to? scratch

Serious lawsuits take time to mature.  It less serious ones are the ones that are filed quickly.

Has he even completed the internal appeals process, yet?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:59 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:I harp on this a lot, but there is absolutely no reason voters should be electing the MSU Board. Or any other university board, for that matter. Yes, allowing the board members to be selected by the sitting governor opens the potential for politicization for the board, but I'd argue that having "Republican" or "Democrat" listed under their name on the ballot has already done that. The shit coming out about Rema is absolutely unacceptable for a board member of a major research institution. Kick her off the board. Let her play the victim, and lordy let her sue. Much like Tuck, the university has receipts. I wonder why he hasn't brought a suit against MSU yet, despite all the chest beating in the fall that he was going to? scratch

Serious lawsuits take time to mature.  It less serious ones are the ones that are filed quickly.

Has he even completed the internal appeals process, yet?

Yes, that was completed back in January, I believe? University told him to kick rocks. He has been pretty quiet ever since. He could certainly be getting ready to build a case, but given the nature of some of the statements he was blasting out, I think he has to know he'd have a hard time making a case. Same with Reema. She can talk all she wants, but the university has a war chest built against her, and I think she knows it.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next