Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18 year old driving for Ferrari @ Saudi GP

+5
Floyd Robertson
Zurn
DWags
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
9 posters

Go down

18 year old driving for Ferrari @ Saudi GP Empty 18 year old driving for Ferrari @ Saudi GP

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-08, 09:38

Wow

Ferrari's Sainz to miss Saudi Arabian GP with appendicitis
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

18 year old driving for Ferrari @ Saudi GP Empty Re: 18 year old driving for Ferrari @ Saudi GP

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-08, 10:06

Nothing to worry about kid.

It’s just like your F2 car but it has 20 more horsepower, weighs a a little more and uh, costs $10M more, so go out and have fun.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

18 year old driving for Ferrari @ Saudi GP Empty Re: 18 year old driving for Ferrari @ Saudi GP

Post by DWags 2024-03-08, 10:16

Those in their early twenties are probably at the peak of their physiological development, including muscle strength, reaction time, sensory abilities, and cardiac functioning.

Read that

So if you plateau at 25 level off for 5 to 10 years, I’m thinking those car teams which are employing people 35 and up are probably employing a person at the same physiological attributes.

However, the one ingredient that 35-year-old and above will have is experience

Good luck, Kid
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-08, 10:20

DWags wrote:Those in their early twenties are probably at the peak of their physiological development, including muscle strength, reaction time, sensory abilities, and cardiac functioning.

Read that

So if you plateau at 25 level off for 5 to 10 years, I’m thinking those car teams which are employing people 35 and up are probably employing a person at the same physiological attributes.

Good luck, Kid

Good information, you should repost in the college basketball thread.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-08, 10:25

GRR Spartan wrote:Nothing to worry about kid.

It’s just like your F2 car but it has 20 more horsepower, weighs a a little more and uh, costs $10M more, so go out and have fun.

No pressure. Qualifying at Noon.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-08, 10:31

DWags wrote:Those in their early twenties are probably at the peak of their physiological development, including muscle strength, reaction time, sensory abilities, and cardiac functioning.

Read that

Good luck, Kid

Remember in Ford vs. Ferrari when Shelby wanted Hill to drive because of his experience but the other Ford exec was a dick? Experience counts.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-08, 10:37

Zurn wrote:

Read that

Good luck, Kid

Good information, you should repost in the college basketball thread.

RQA, are there 35 year olds playing college hoops?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-08, 10:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Read that

Good luck, Kid

Remember in Ford vs. Ferrari when Shelby wanted Hill to drive because of his experience but the other Ford exec was a dick? Experience counts.

Yep. Exactly. I remember bringing up a freshman outside linebacker to the varsity skipping the JV team. as a coaching staff many members said he doesn’t have varsity experience. I asked everybody to write down on a piece of paper what was the best way to get him varsity experience Then hand it in. Will decide whether he plays varsity or not based on those answers.

Last edited by DWags on 2024-03-08, 10:41; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-08, 10:38

Crazy times for Ferrari and Sainz (and F1).

Hamilton (Mercedes) replacing Sainz next season at Ferrari. Sainz gets a podium finish at first race...ahead of Hamilton and other Ferrari driver (LeClerc)...and now gets appendicitis.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-08, 10:39

Read that

Good luck, Kid

Many people consider Fernando Alonso (Aston Martin) to be the "best" driver. He's 42.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-03-08, 10:44

Read that

Good luck, Kid
Don't let Gus see you talking like that. He has informed us that many peak in their 80s.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-08, 10:44

NigelUno wrote:

Read that

Good luck, Kid

Many people consider Fernando Alonso (Aston Martin) to be the "best" driver. He's 42.

Aaron Rodgers said he’d like to play 4 more years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-08, 10:47

Cameron wrote:

Read that

Good luck, Kid
Don't let Gus see you talking like that. He has informed us that many peak in their 80s.

You’re confusing physiological ability with mental acuity and experience. That you want to politicize this up is not surprising however. Enjoy your Friday.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-08, 10:56

DWags wrote:

RQA, are there 35 year olds playing college hoops?  

RQA? Real quick?? Had to check my urban dictionary for that one!

I think there are some 27-28 yearolds playing college basketball and I am almost certain that there was a college football player (kicker) over 30 last season.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-03-08, 13:36

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

You’re confusing physiological ability with  mental acuity and experience. That you want to politicize this up is not surprising however.   Enjoy your Friday.
The brain also has physiology that changes over time. Neuroplasticity decreases, total brain volume decreases, etc. An 18 year old's reflexes are probably faster than a 35 year old's, so from a technical skill standpoint, the younger driver may be the superior choice.

Competitive video games, for instance, are highly reliant on reaction time, and a few milliseconds can make all the difference, so it is very much a young person's game, so to speak.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-08, 13:48

The kid missed out on Q3. Will start 11th. Will be interesting at the first corner tomorrow.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-08, 14:09

I read somewhere the mental hurdles for older people doing certain things (potential death or sever injury) start affecting performance after the age of 20. One of the reasons you dont see 40 year old gymnasts doing all the flippy shit where they could break their necks.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-08, 14:28

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I read somewhere the mental hurdles for older people doing certain things (potential death or sever injury) start affecting performance after the age of 20. One of the reasons you dont see 40 year old gymnasts doing all the flippy shit where they could break their necks.

I think the last part of your brain to develop is the part that tells you "Hey, don't do this shit, it's a bit dangerous". That part isn't fully developed until the age of 25.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-03-08, 14:56

I always wanted to be a racin’ car driver
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-08, 15:10

Nordic wrote:I always wanted to be a racin’ car driver

Just keep turning left and going fast.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2024-03-08, 15:37

Age is just a number....
18 year old driving for Ferrari @ Saudi GP 200.gif?cid=ddb306a59nesl52cf135fvcpktk8wsfcbcpu68vj526smwf8&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Except with Greenway, it's a really, really big number.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-09, 13:31

Driver of the Day.
The kid finished 7th.

Max wins. Red Bull still dominant.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down