Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RFK, Jr. says he’s considering Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura as Veep running mates.

+8
Cameron
Trapper Gus
DWags
Motown Spartan
Zurn
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
12 posters

Go down

RFK, Jr. says he’s considering Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura as Veep running mates.  Empty RFK, Jr. says he’s considering Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura as Veep running mates.

Post by tGreenWay Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:54 am

RFK, Jr. says he’s considering Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura as Veep running mates.  1284110369

https://www.yahoo.com/news/robert-kennedy-jr-says-hes-220459789.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

RFK, Jr. says he’s considering Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura as Veep running mates.  Empty Re: RFK, Jr. says he’s considering Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura as Veep running mates.

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:48 am

Well, at least Ventura was a governor once. I guess Minnesota counts. 🤪
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

RFK, Jr. says he’s considering Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura as Veep running mates.  Empty Re: RFK, Jr. says he’s considering Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura as Veep running mates.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:28 am

America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:56 am

Hillary didn't know to pay attention to Wisconsin and paid the price.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:00 am

The sad part about Hillary Clinton being worst presidential candidate in history (she wasn’t) is that she was probably the most qualified candidate for president that we will ever see, and won’t get to see her as president.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:32 am

I’m not sure if you had Rodgers on the ticket it would help you in Wisconsin.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:07 am

Motown Spartan wrote:The sad part about Hillary Clinton being worst presidential candidate in history (she wasn’t) is that she was probably the most qualified candidate for president that we will ever see, and won’t get to see her as president.
yep - once the mainstream media decide to amplify an admitted rapist over the most qualified presidential candidate in my lifetime, told me all I needed to know.

imagine how different our country would look if our country valued principles and experience over mainstream media-inspired christian 'celebrity' filth. SCOTUS would be completely reshaped, women would be valued, the COVID response would've likely saved hundreds of thousands of lives, and much, much more.

we're a stupid country and get exactly what we deserve.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:22 am

I'm going to my grave knowing that I voted for the two best candidates three times. Carter twice, Hillary once. I actually don't know how good Hillary would be, but she sure checked off boxes for experience. However, America thought a failed businessman game show host was elected.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:28 am

DWags wrote:I'm going to my grave knowing that I voted for the two best candidates three times. Carter twice, Hillary once. I actually don't know how good Hillary would be, but she sure checked off boxes for experience. However, America thought a failed businessman game show host was elected.

Remember, he lost the popular vote. So it's some antiquated way of apportioning representation that got him elected.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:29 am

DWags wrote:I'm going to my grave knowing that I voted for the two best candidates three times.  Carter twice, Hillary once.  I actually don't know how good Hillary would be, but she sure checked off boxes for experience.  However, America thought a failed businessman game show host was elected.  

My voting record...

McGovern over Nixon
Ford over Carter (I'm from Michigan after all)
Carter over Reagan
Mondale over Reagan
Dukakis over GHW Bush
GHW Bush over Clinton (GHW Bush had more experience, and acted like an old school (aka Ike) Republican in his first term)
Clinton over Dole
Gore over GW Bush
Kerry over GW Bush
Obama over McCain
Obama over Romney
Clinton over Trump
Biden over Trump

After the Republican attacks on Clinton with their "false" impeachment as payback for Nixon I realized they were a cult, not a party, and haven't ever voted for one since.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:46 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:I'm going to my grave knowing that I voted for the two best candidates three times.  Carter twice, Hillary once.  I actually don't know how good Hillary would be, but she sure checked off boxes for experience.  However, America thought a failed businessman game show host was elected.  

My voting record...

McGovern over Nixon
Cater over Reagan
Mondale over Reagan
Dukakis over GHW Bush
GHW Bush over Clinton
Clinton over Dole
Gore over GW Bush
Kerry over GW Bush
Obama over McCain
Obama over Romney
Clinton over Trump
Biden over Trump

After the Republican attacks on Clinton with their "false" impeachment as payback for Nixon I realized they were a cult, not a party, and haven't ever voted for one since.

80. Carter
84 Mondale
88 Dukakis
92 Clinton
96 Clinton
00 Gore
04 Kerry
08 Obama
12 Obama
16 Clinton
20 Biden

5-6 record

I'm hoping to get to .500 in November
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:09 am

Clinton W
Gore L
Bush W
McCain L
Obama W
Clinton L
Biden W

Damn, I guess I really should vote for Trump...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:22 am

Reagan W
Reagan W
Bush W
Bush L
96 DNP
Bush W
Bush W
McCain L
Romney L
Johnson L (I'm sorry)
Biden W

Suppose somehow that Perot won in '92...would have that put an end to inexperienced candidates? Would the voters have learned their lesson and we avoid Trump?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:28 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Reagan W
Reagan W
Bush W
Bush L
96 DNP
Bush W
Bush W
McCain L
Romney L
Johnson L (I'm sorry)
Biden W

Suppose somehow that Perot won in '92...would have that put an end to inexperienced candidates? Would the voters have learned their lesson and we avoid Trump?

You're like the opposite of a boomer.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:37 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Reagan W
Reagan W
Bush W
Bush L
96 DNP
Bush W
Bush W
McCain L
Romney L
Johnson L (I'm sorry)
Biden W

Probably not. scratch

As to you being the opposite of boomer, that comment is backwards from what I thought boomers were accused of.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:40 am

I've lost track of what boomers were good for vs. should be flogged for. The list is just too damn long.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:48 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:I've lost track of what boomers were good for vs. should be flogged for. The list is just too damn long.

You became more of librul the older you got!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:54 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:I've lost track of what boomers were good for vs. should be flogged for. The list is just too damn long.

the boomer critics who blame the boomers haven't got a clue as to what the boomers actually accomplished, so there is that, too.

FWIW we are both boomers and voted about as opposite as possible, as if we planned it...

The boomers were no more a monolith than any other generation.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:55 am

Motown Spartan wrote:

That is true. I finally saw the Republican party for what it was, or has become.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:58 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

That is true. I finally saw the Republican party for what it was, or has become.

Has become, starting with Nixon, but there were many old-time politicians in Congress who were still around into the Clinton Administration.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:22 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:Clinton W
Gore L
Bush W
McCain L
Obama W
Clinton L
Biden W

Damn, I guess I really should vote for Trump...

RFK, Jr. says he’s considering Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura as Veep running mates.  502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:26 pm

Joe Biden is the first (and so far only) president I have ever voted for. I would brag about being undefeated, but I voted for Bernie in the primary.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:35 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I hear ya. I think John McCain and Mitt Romney both would have been fine as President, but they seem to be he last two palatable Republican candidates that we will see for the foreseeable future.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:35 pm

My record:

1988 Dukakis
1992 Clinton
1996 Clinton
2000 Gore
2004 Kerry
2008 Obama
2012 Obama
2016 Clinton
2020 Biden

I, too, think McCain and Romney would've been good presidents, good for the country.

I've gotten more liberal as I've gotten older, though I'm the most conservative person in my family (among my wife and daughter). Turns out women, and men who love and respect them, don't like being relegated to second class citizens, told their place is in the kitchen, to sit quietly and smile and that their bodies are nothing more than a vessel for rich white men to decide what to do with. RFK, Jr. says he’s considering Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura as Veep running mates.  2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:54 pm

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

My voting record...

McGovern over Nixon
Cater over Reagan
Mondale over Reagan
Dukakis over GHW Bush
GHW Bush over Clinton
Clinton over Dole
Gore over GW Bush
Kerry over GW Bush
Obama over McCain
Obama over Romney
Clinton over Trump
Biden over Trump

80. Carter
84 Mondale
88 Dukakis
92 Clinton
96 Clinton
00 Gore
04 Kerry
08 Obama
12 Obama
16 Clinton
20 Biden

5-6 record

I'm hoping to get to .500 in November

I don’t believe you. /s
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:00 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I hear ya. I think John McCain and Mitt Romney both would have been fine as President, but they seem to be he last two palatable Republican candidates that we will see for the foreseeable future.

I admired McCain but didnt think he had the temperament to be pres. I laughed off Romney as being a Ken doll, especially when he warned us about the growing threat of Russia. If I ever met Mitt face to face, I’d apologize for mocking him on that point.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:04 pm

DWags wrote:I'm going to my grave knowing that I voted for the two best candidates three times. Carter twice, Hillary once. I actually don't know how good Hillary would be, but she sure checked off boxes for experience. However, America thought a failed businessman game show host was elected.

failed businessman game show host doesn't even begin to cover it.

Imagine all the failed businessmen and game show hosts in existence over all time, how many of them would have all the absolute worst qualities in the world and have the "showmanship" to manipulate and lure millions of dumb disgruntled americans into his legion? His general background doesn't even begin to describe how utterly unqualified he was, let alone convey just how vile and awful of a human he is.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:17 pm

Holy shit. Rodgers on record as not believing Sandy Hook. Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:51 am

DWags wrote:Holy shit. Rodgers on record as not believing Sandy Hook. Wow.
his stock just went through the roof with the RFK Jr republican/libertarian folks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:35 am

DWags wrote:Holy shit. Rodgers on record as not believing Sandy Hook. Wow.

If there is one thing the internets have taught us is that people are stupid...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:10 am

Motown Spartan wrote:The sad part about Hillary Clinton being worst presidential candidate in history (she wasn’t) is that she was probably the most qualified candidate for president that we will ever see, and won’t get to see her as president.

How was she "the best qualified"? She was a senator and secretary of state. And unless she had attached herself to Bill Clinton she likely would not have had either of those jobs.

Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:53 am

I'm still having a hard time believing that a rich anti-vax conspiracy theorist republican/libertarian is thinking of having a rich anti-vax conspiracy theorist republican/libertarian as his running mate.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:56 am

Zurn wrote:

How was she "the best qualified"?   She was a senator and secretary of state.   And unless she had attached herself to Bill Clinton she likely would not have had either of those jobs.

You're welcome to research her accomplishments prior to her time in the senate. She was a political force for education reform in Arkansas. She was extremely influential as first lady in terms of health care and welfare reform and actually tried to position it ahead of NAFTA. She did a ton of work globally for women's rights. She is known for being a highly skilled and influential diplomat. By the time she was a Presidential candidate she was a Senator and Secretary of State.

In timeline form:
First Lady of Arkansas (not just a title, she was extremely influential): 1983-1992
FLOTUS (not just a title, she drove a lot of policy): 1993-2001
Senator: 2001-2009
SoS: 2009-2013

She has experience in the Executive Branch, Legislative Branch, Presidential Cabinet, and was a hell of an attorney (having been named in the top 100 of most influential attorney's in 1988 and 1991).
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:43 am

Motown Spartan wrote:
Zurn wrote:

How was she "the best qualified"?   She was a senator and secretary of state.   And unless she had attached herself to Bill Clinton she likely would not have had either of those jobs.

You're welcome to research her accomplishments prior to her time in the senate. She was a political force for education reform in Arkansas. She was extremely influential as first lady in terms of health care and welfare reform and actually tried to position it ahead of NAFTA. She did a ton of work globally for women's rights. She is known for being a highly skilled and influential diplomat. By the time she was a Presidential candidate she was a Senator and Secretary of State.

In timeline form:
First Lady of Arkansas (not just a title, she was extremely influential): 1983-1992

She has experience in the Executive Branch, Legislative Branch, Presidential Cabinet, and was a hell of an attorney (having been named in the top 100 of most influential attorney's in 1988 and 1991).

H. Clinton was chair of the committee the constructed the proposed health care reform of 1993. As you say, she was a highly unusual FLOTUS.

For the record, while being FLOTUS at least gives you a good long stare into what it actually entails to be president, on its own it isn't much of a qualification. As much as I admire Michelle Obama (who also has her own admirable accomplishments), when I hear her name bandied about as a candidate for the presidency I just shudder because it is a symptom of our national infatuation with fame and celebrity. That's how we ended up with a Kardashian equivalent as president.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:53 am

Rick Saunders wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

In timeline form:

H. Clinton was chair of the committee the constructed the proposed health care reform of 1993. As you say, she was a highly unusual FLOTUS.

For the record, while being FLOTUS at least gives you a good long stare into what it actually entails to be president, on its own it isn't much of a qualification. As much as I admire Michelle Obama (who also has her own admirable accomplishments), when I hear her name bandied about as a candidate for the presidency I just shudder because it is a symptom of our national infatuation with fame and celebrity. That's how we ended up with a Kardashian equivalent as president.

I agree with this. H Clinton was extremely involved with policy when she was first lady, both in Arkansas and the White House.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:14 am

Zurn wrote:

How was she "the best qualified"? She was a senator and secretary of state. And unless she had attached herself to Bill Clinton she likely would not have had either of those jobs.

Because very very few candidates have that level of experience ahead of time. If any.

That doesn’t make her the best candidate possible. She obviously wasn’t, as the best candidates possible list starts with the 46 that have won the election then gets to the losers from there. But she was supremely qualified.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:32 am

Motown Spartan wrote:
Zurn wrote:

In timeline form:

ya know, I'm starting to agree with our christian patriot, Zurn, on this one.

Hillary was riding her husbands coat tails and in no way did she match up against a failed reality TV star who bragged about grabbing women "by the pussy" while fathering 5 children, that he knows of, with 3 women and filing for bankruptcy 6 times.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:35 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

In timeline form:

ya know, I'm starting to agree with our christian patriot, Zurn, on this one.

Hillary was riding her husbands coat tails and in no way did she match up against a failed reality TV star who bragged about grabbing women "by the pussy" while fathering 5 children, that he knows of, with 3 women and filing for bankruptcy 6 times.

I figured you would Bob you sexist piece of shit.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down