Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..?

+6
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? Empty Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:40 am

I truly have no idea about Trump..

for Clinton, I would assume that Elizabeth Warren is being considered - though I love Warren and wish she were running for the top spot, I don't think she'll get the VP nod for that very reason. I don't think Hillary wants someone more popular than her on the ticket.. though it would be a solid strategy.

I feel like Cory Booker, too, would be considered.

I'm obviously missing a lot of other potential candidates. Thoughts?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? Empty Re: Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..?

Post by AnomanderRake Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:47 am

There's no way in hell that Hillary picks Elizabeth Warren. She'll pick some yes man chump as her running mate.

Trump basically ostracized the entire republican party so who knows who he will end up with.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? Empty Re: Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..?

Post by DWags Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:07 am

Who is Elizabeth Warren? Should I be worried?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:11 am

I don't think Warren wants it, she goes from being a pretty influential Senator to the warm bucket of spit position.

I think Hills will look to check off a box and pick a latino/black running mate of either gender.

Trump should pick Gingrich, then there would be matching blowhards running. The obvious difference being that Gingrich actually has some political knowledge and accomplishments.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:18 am

AnomanderRake wrote:There's no way in hell that Hillary picks Elizabeth Warren. She'll pick some yes man chump as her running mate.

Trump basically ostracized the entire republican party so who knows who he will end up with.

Newt Gingrich.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:20 am

Who wants to be Trump's running mate? Signing up to be his running mate is an endorsement of whatever comes out of his mouth. Considering he is toxic, anybody who still wants to have a future in politics might be committing career suicide. Trump said he will not pick a woman or minority to avoid pandering, which means the person he should invite to the ticket will likely not make his list: Joni Ernst (Rep. Senator from Iowa). Right now I am leaning towards Jeff Sessions (Rep. Senator from Alabama).

Clinton should pick somebody young and progressive. However, I am not sure she will go in the progressive direction. I am leaning toward Julian Castro (HUD Secretary). Sherrod Brown (Dem. Senator from Ohio) is another name, and gives her a leg up in Ohio. He satisfies young and progressive.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:23 am

LooseGoose wrote:I don't think Warren wants it, she goes from being a pretty influential Senator to the warm bucket of spit position.

I think Hills will look to check off a box and pick a latino/black running mate of either gender.

Trump should pick Gingrich, then there would be matching blowhards running.   The obvious difference being that Gingrich actually has some political knowledge and accomplishments.

Interesting question: should either party pull somebody from the Senate? If the Ds want to re-take the senate, they cannot pull senators to put on the ticket. If the Rs are fearful of  a down-ballot effect created by Trump, they might be inclined to leave sitting senators where they are.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:24 am

DWags wrote:Who is Elizabeth Warren? Should I be worried?
no.. she's not only a great American... she's a great Native American.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:25 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:There's no way in hell that Hillary picks Elizabeth Warren. She'll pick some yes man chump as her running mate.

Newt Gingrich.
that would be awesome..

some arrogant blowhard who led the moral christian charge against Bill Clinton's affair.. who had to resign because of an... affair.

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:26 am

Shut up, DWags. For real.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:27 am

Turtleneck wrote:Who wants to be Trump's running mate? Signing up to be his running mate is an endorsement of whatever comes out of his mouth. Considering he is toxic, anybody who still wants to have a future in politics might be committing career suicide. Trump said he will not pick a woman or minority to avoid pandering, which means the person he should invite to the ticket will likely not make his list: Joni Ernst (Rep. Senator from Iowa). Right now I am leaning towards Jeff Sessions (Rep. Senator from Alabama).

Clinton should pick somebody young and progressive. However, I am not sure she will go in the progressive direction. I am leaning toward Julian Castro (HUD Secretary). Sherrod Brown (Dem. Senator from Ohio) is another name, and gives her a leg up in Ohio. He satisfies young and progressive.
solid ideas for Hillary.

I do think that any legitimate public servant with any desire to continue being one in the future would be insane to sign onto the Trump ticket.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Who wants to be Trump's running mate? Signing up to be his running mate is an endorsement of whatever comes out of his mouth. Considering he is toxic, anybody who still wants to have a future in politics might be committing career suicide. Trump said he will not pick a woman or minority to avoid pandering, which means the person he should invite to the ticket will likely not make his list: Joni Ernst (Rep. Senator from Iowa). Right now I am leaning towards Jeff Sessions (Rep. Senator from Alabama).

solid ideas for Hillary.

I do think that any legitimate public servant with any desire to continue being one in the future would be insane to sign onto the Trump ticket.

After his racist rants about the judge, I think his options became limited. David Duke would probably do it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:40 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I truly have no idea about Trump..

for Clinton, I would assume that Elizabeth Warren is being considered - though I love Warren and wish she were running for the top spot, I don't think she'll get the VP nod for that very reason. I don't think Hillary wants someone more popular than her on the ticket.. though it would be a solid strategy.

Didn't Booker create himself some baggage a  couple of years ago in some port authority scandal or something?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:41 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:solid ideas for Hillary.

After his racist rants about the judge, I think his options became limited. David Duke would probably do it.
I do like Julian Castro - it won't help her win Texas, more than likely - but he'll definitely add to the one demographic she does seem to struggle with - young voters.

(and, admittedly, it will be fun to watch Fox News and republicans try to tie him to his long lost uncle, Fidel). Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:42 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I truly have no idea about Trump..

Didn't Booker create himself some baggage a  couple of years ago in some port authority scandal or something?
I don't know.. but whatever baggage he has can't be any heavier than the one she carries around with her.

He would probably do best to remain in the Senate for a few more terms, run for Governor eventually. Unless he screws up royally in some fashion, he has a bright future.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:43 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Bump.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:44 am

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Bump.
this.. Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:45 am

I can't even name Obama running mate.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:47 am

DWags wrote:I can't even name Obama running mate.

Al Gore.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:49 am

Dan Quayle
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:49 am

Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? 4113017228 - Rev. Jeremiah Wright..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:17 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? 4113017228 - Rev. Jeremiah Wright..

This.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:56 am

Gingrich actually has some political knowledge and accomplishments.

Like cheating on his wife while berating the president for cheating on his wife?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:22 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? 4113017228 - Rev. Jeremiah Wright..

This.
little known fact.. he selected Rev. Jeremiah Wright just to annoy Sen. Ben Ghazi (R-TX).

bump....Potential Trump and Clinton Running Mates..? 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:25 am

I just read an interesting article editorial that suggested that Hillary is considering Susan Collins, Republican from Maine as her running mate.

Since H is center right to very right on a range of issues, I wouldn't be blown away, but I doubt it. She doesn't need to make a splash. She's winning anyway.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:27 am

Rocinante wrote:I just read an interesting article editorial that suggested that Hillary is considering Susan Collins, Republican from Maine as her running mate.  

Since H is center right to very right on a range of issues, I wouldn't be blown away, but I doubt it.  She doesn't need to make a splash.  She's winning anyway.
interesting point.

and, yes, no matter how the right loves to portray Hillary, she's very much center/right - even moreso than Obama. Deep down the establishment Republicans (i.e. - Republicans who can manage to tie their shoes by themselves) are okay with her being president.

Susan Collins certainly would be an interesting turn for Hillary, though.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:05 pm

for Hillary, Gov. Hickenlooper might be receiving consideration and a lot of folks seem to be talking about Tim Kaine from Virginia.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:10 pm

Hickenlooper

That is an unfortunate last name.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:50 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Hickenlooper

it is. And he's a very bright, likable guy..

but he does need to overcome his name.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:10 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

it is. And he's a very bright, likable guy..

but he does need to overcome his name.

What a joke this country would be if we ever had a President Hickenlooper.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:41 am

looking like Trump is gonna pick Pence... that's my guess right now, anyway.

Newt apparently is lobbying hard for it. I suppose having 7 or 8 ex-wives between the two of them might not go over well with right wing morality police (as if they care about morality when it comes to republicans).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:47 pm

Word on Twitter is Hillary is vetting James Stavridis, a retired 4 star admiral. Here's his bio: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_G._Stavridis
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:looking like Trump is gonna pick Pence... that's my guess right now, anyway.

Newt apparently is lobbying hard for it. I suppose having 7 or 8 ex-wives between the two of them might not go over well with right wing morality police (as if they care about morality when it comes to republicans).

Pence would be the smartest choice Trump could make. He's a favorite among many Connies. In fact, were it not for his wife's hesitancy, he very likely would've run for POTUS already.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:53 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:looking like Trump is gonna pick Pence... that's my guess right now, anyway.

Pence would be the smartest choice Trump could make. He's a favorite among many Connies. In fact, were it not for his wife's hesitancy, he very likely would've run for POTUS already.

Pence is dull as oatmeal.

Newt would be the best choice and Trump's only chance to win.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Pence is dull as oatmeal.

Newt would be the best choice and Trump's only chance to win.

Of course he's dull as oatmeal. That's the GOP, and it's how the biggest money insiders want it. He's a perfect pick to ameliorate the hesitancy of the Christian Right, a counter-balance to Trump's outrageousness. However, Pence is a stable, thoughtful guy, and I'm not sold on his wanting to play warm-up act to Trump's circus.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Trump needs dull for two reasons. First, Trump's ego will not allow a candidate with any kind of personality that overshadows Trump. Second, he needs dull to even out the lunacy of his campaign.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Newt suspends contributor agreement with FoxNews.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:17 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Newt suspends contributor agreement with FoxNews.
Ha, just came here to post that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Kelly O'Donnell ‏@KellyO 1h1 hour ago
NEW: Sources tell me @realDonaldTrump will hold the public event to showcase his VP choice Friday
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:38 am

I'd love to see Trump pick Gingrich.. how many ex-wives (and soon to be ex-wives) do they have between them?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next