Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Dog Money

5 posters

Go down

Hot Dog Money Empty Hot Dog Money

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 07:59

The death of NCAA athletics. 100% of coaches took bribes. Cant wait to read this. What a mess.

The death of the NCAA will come fast and furious

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-commentary/ncaa-college-sports-corruption-scandal-1234993227/amp/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hot Dog Money Empty Re: Hot Dog Money

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-25, 09:02

Just kill it and be done
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-25, 09:03

Wait I have a thread for this I wanted to start yesterday brb
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-03-25, 10:39

Wow this is powerful and damaging shit. We all know college sports has always been corrupt but this guy puts it to another level.

NIL is completely fucked up. I keep wondering who is paying Booker and Chiles millions and what's in it for them. I certainly don't buy "I just want to see our school win games". Anywhere.

Finally, I'm not surprised Wags reads Rolling Stone.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-25, 11:18

The NCAA was reportedly silent when they were warned about the abyss an unregulated NIL environment could create.

The NCAA won’t rock the boat because the Men’s Tournament brings in $1.1B per year to them.  

Just as importantly they are afraid the 6 major basketball conferences (like football’s Power Five) will say FBS is getting $1.1B, why should we let that money go thru the NCAA.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 14:38

duffy munn wrote:Wow this is powerful and damaging shit. We all know college sports has always been corrupt but this guy puts it to another level.

NIL is completely fucked up. I keep wondering who is paying Booker and Chiles millions and what's in it for them. I certainly don't buy "I just want to see our school win games". Anywhere.

Finally, I'm not surprised Wags reads Rolling Stone.

I do think we will see the end of college sports in our lifetime Duffy. This shit is way too weird and getting way out of hand.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-25, 14:47

Very interesting, but I’ll wait for Travis to post his thread to read the article because I don’t want him to feel bad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 14:54

tGreenWay wrote:Very interesting, but I’ll wait for Travis to post his thread to read the article because I don’t want him to feel bad.

Oh man if Travis posted and I missed it sorry.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-25, 15:12

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Very interesting, but I’ll wait for Travis to post his thread to read the article because I don’t want him to feel bad.

Oh man if Travis posted and I missed it sorry.

No, he didn’t post it. He meant to but didn’t. I just don’t want him to feel left out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-25, 15:16

The thread is already there greenway some of us wake up and post in the morning
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 16:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The thread is already there greenway some of us wake up and post in the morning

You can merge this Travis.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-25, 16:04

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The thread is already there greenway some of us wake up and post in the morning

Absolutely not these are different threads. I was referring to my thread about how college sports sucks now, I posted it this morning. I was merely saying that I was thinking about that as I watched a soccer game that only sort of mattered instead of the ncaa tournament and how I didn’t really care very much that we lost on Saturday
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 16:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

Absolutely not these are different threads. I was referring to my thread about how college sports sucks now, I posted it this morning. I was merely saying that I was thinking about that as I watched a soccer game that only sort of mattered instead of the ncaa tournament and how I didn’t really care very much that we lost on Saturday

Boy, you are not joking. I mean, can we just stop calling it collegiate or amateur.

There was a ton of stuff wrong with the way they treated kids playing for them when I was in school, but this is no fix the way it’s going right now.

Trying to fix the sports, they certainly ruined them. What’s that old saying? Let’s cut off our nose because we don’t like the face it’s on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-25, 17:37

Still of the opinion if the NFL and NBA would pony up and create a multi-tier minor leagues like Hockey and baseball already have, a lot of the NIL games would be gone.

Let the NBA draft a player out of HS knowing they've got an option to skip college, go to the G-League or play in college. If they play in college for more than a season or two they go back into the draft like we see with college baseball players.

But as it stands the chasm between CBA training facilities/lodging/nutrition and what the D1 programs offer is huge. There are some prep schools but they really need to become grade 10 thru 12 and add an affiliation with a JUCO for academics for years 13 and 14.

NFL have a farm system in place in college football where they (as the NFL) don't have to spend a dime. Their billionaire owners are free tio donate to colleges of their choice but that doesn't have any effect on the NFL bottom line.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down