Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best ratio of low calorie/quick buzz beer out there?

+16
Johnny Alpamayo
Chitown_Badger
AMwood
GirbaudJeans
tTito
tanfan!
Ass Dan
RBW Spartan
Tyler Durden
Izzo Court
Death Roe
I.B. Fine
DWags
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
JEK
20 posters

Go down

What is the best ratio of low calorie/quick buzz beer out there? Empty What is the best ratio of low calorie/quick buzz beer out there?

Post by JEK 2014-08-16, 16:30

I know these two things don't normally coincide, so I'm asking what the best available option is. I bought a 12 pack of PBR recently and reminded myself why I should never buy it again. I drank like 6 and barely felt a tingle. And my tolerance isn't nearly what it used to be since I only drink half as much as I used to.

Maybe some European lager?

Note, I'm not above cheap domestic beer but I'm not willing to go any lower than Miller Lite. Can't do Natty or Busch Lite or any of that crap.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

What is the best ratio of low calorie/quick buzz beer out there? Empty Re: What is the best ratio of low calorie/quick buzz beer out there?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-16, 16:39

Beast Ice is liquid cocaine. That stuff will make you hallucinate.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What is the best ratio of low calorie/quick buzz beer out there? Empty Re: What is the best ratio of low calorie/quick buzz beer out there?

Post by Herbie Green 2014-08-16, 16:45

You can check the get drunk not fat web site. There might be a couple malt liquors or Ice beers that score higher but if you want something with flavor and alcohol content you are hosed.

You are going to have to mix things up.
Start off with something stronger and then stabilize with light beer.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-08-16, 16:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Beast Ice is liquid cocaine. That stuff will make you hallucinate.

I put Beast products in the same category as Natty. Can't do it. And I'm not looking to hallucinate, just want a good "marathon" beer for college football Saturdays.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-16, 17:30

Budweiser.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-08-16, 18:03

Vodka
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-08-16, 18:50

Everclear
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-08-16, 20:03

I want to know this because tWife is out with friends and the kids got some memo informing them that it's time for complete anarchy. I figure if I can just get enough beer in me to laugh at the stuff that won't cause lasting injuries but keep my wits about me to prevent them I might survive until bedtime.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden 2014-08-16, 20:40

Blue Light, hands down.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RBW Spartan 2014-08-17, 09:48

Man up and drink beer.
RBW Spartan
RBW Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-08-17, 15:33

Dirty bastard will get you feeling right
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-18, 08:26

Death Roe wrote:Everclear

This! Quick story.  I was picked to be social chairman of my fraternity. So, we decided to have this party called the swamp party.  We invited the chi omega sorority over for the dance. Since I used to be a bartender, I was saddled with making some type of swamp juice for the ladies.  So, I created this sweet tasting drink and poured in the ever clear to give it a kick. I put it all in a trash can and that shit tasted really good.  EVERYONE started drinking it. I made about 40 gallons of this shit. I knew what was in it, so I kept to beer and I had to run the fucking party so I couldn't get shit faced.  

What transpired was epic.  Two hours into the party, things were cranking. I had rented about fifty large plants and placed them in our main party areas to make the place look like a swamp.  I then rented a bunch of dry ice machines for effect.  Damn, it looked really good for the first two hours.  Well, the chi omega whores started feeling the effects of the swamp juice and next thing I know they are literally  falling into all of my plants! Bitches were so drunk they passing out on their feet and falling into the plants!  Holy shit!!!! Then it got really awesome........... The sleazy ones went upstairs and started banging.  There must have been ten or more up there and in individual rooms banging away.  My effing girlfriend showed up so I couldn't sample.  They were ripe for the picking. She saw what went on and looked at me after she had a couple of swamp juices and said, "Tanny what did you put in this? I am waisted?" I said, Everclear.  She got a little pissed off.  Oh well. We still banged later and I got the last laugh as she tossed her stomach in the toilet of my apartment.

The next day, the Chi Omegas had to have a Morals meeting because half of their house got laid that night and had to do the walk of shame back to their sorority.  It was great. I felt I took care of my boys that night.  Made sure everyone had a chance to get laid and get drunk.  College.  Damn, the best 4 years of me life.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-18, 08:43

Dogfish Head makes some good beer. Palo Santo Marron is 12% alcohol, Olde School Barleywine is 15% and supposedly in October they will release some 12O Minute IPA at 18%.

Your PBR, by comparison, is probably 5% or less.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2014-08-18, 09:21

What is the best ratio of low calorie/quick buzz beer out there? Cal-chart
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2014-08-18, 09:22

(5) cal per 12 oz beer = [(6.9 × ABW) + 4.0 × (RE - 0.1)] × FG × 3.55
The first item in brackets gives the caloric contribution of ethanol, which is determined from the ABW and the known value of 6.9 cal/g of ethanol. The second item in brackets gives the caloric contribution of carbohydrates, which is determined from the RE and the known value of 4.0 cal/g for carbohydrates. An empirically-derived constant (0.1) accounts for the ash portion of the extract. Together, these terms give the calories per 100 g beer. This is easily converted to calories per 100 ml beer by accounting for the final gravity (FG, in (g beer)/(ml beer)). In turn, 100 ml is converted to 12 oz by a scalar (3.55, in (100ml/12 oz)).
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-18, 09:26

GirbaudJeans wrote:(5)      cal per 12 oz beer = [(6.9 × ABW) + 4.0 × (RE - 0.1)] × FG × 3.55
The first item in brackets gives the caloric contribution of ethanol, which is determined from the ABW and the known value of 6.9 cal/g of ethanol. The second item in brackets gives the caloric contribution of carbohydrates, which is determined from the RE and the known value of 4.0 cal/g for carbohydrates. An empirically-derived constant (0.1) accounts for the ash portion of the extract. Together, these terms give the calories per 100 g beer. This is easily converted to calories per 100 ml beer by accounting for the final gravity (FG, in (g beer)/(ml beer)). In turn, 100 ml is converted to 12 oz by a scalar (3.55, in (100ml/12 oz)).

Yes, exactly, that's what I said.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-08-18, 10:32

I.B. Fine wrote:Vodka

this. a half gallon of kamchatka is $11.90 at the meijers.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-08-19, 11:21

If you're looking for the high alcohol content beer that has the lowest calories, it appears that Imperial/double IPA is the way to go. I'm not a fan, but they do pack a punch and can be session beers.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerstyles/imperial-double-ipa/81/
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Alpamayo 2014-08-19, 11:43

I don't know anything about anything, but something like 90% of a beer's calories are in the alcohol. Lite beers = less calories...because of less alcohol. High ABV beers = high calories...because of lots of alcohol. So, drink what you want and don't worry about calories as it isn't really relevant if you're talking about getting a buzz.
Johnny Alpamayo
Johnny Alpamayo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-08-19, 12:27

Johnny Alpamayo wrote:I don't know anything about anything, but something like 90% of a beer's calories are in the alcohol. Lite beers = less calories...because of less alcohol. High ABV beers = high calories...because of lots of alcohol. So, drink what you want and don't worry about calories as it isn't really relevant if you're talking about getting a buzz.

Not necessarily true. Beers are brewed with all kinds of different things that add calories independent of the alcohol. For example, some stouts will have a couple hundred calories, but only 6% alcohol, while some double or imperial IPAs will have a couple hundred calories and have 11% alcohol.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-08-19, 13:12

Johnny Alpamayo wrote:I don't know anything about anything, but something like 90% of a beer's calories are in the alcohol. Lite beers = less calories...because of less alcohol. High ABV beers = high calories...because of lots of alcohol. So, drink what you want and don't worry about calories as it isn't really relevant if you're talking about getting a buzz.

I don't know anything about anything either, but I like your style. But, maybe that doesn't mean anything, I don't know.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-08-19, 20:58

Vodka and sugar free red bull. Not a bad drink and low on calories. I've added a spritz of cranberry juice for color and slight taste. It's not beer, but it's the best bet for drunkiness and calories.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SBSpartan 2014-08-19, 21:06

Start working out and don't worry about it?
SBSpartan
SBSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-08-19, 22:45

Dendrobates wrote:Vodka and sugar free red bull. Not a bad drink and low on calories. I've added a spritz of cranberry juice for color and slight taste. It's not beer, but it's the best bet for drunkiness and calories.

It might give you a heart attack or put you in jail but at only 10 calories this is a healthy choice for those that are watching their weight.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-19, 22:48

I drink bourbon on the rocks or Jack/Captain and Diet. Actually usually Diet Dr. Pepper.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-08-19, 22:55

Don't talk about calories when you are drinking. Be a man.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-08-19, 23:02

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:Don't talk about calories when you are drinking. Be a man.

Can we talk about spritzers?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down