Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs

+8
DWags
tTito
Turtleneck
Herbie Green
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
12 posters

Go down

Heisman v. Playoffs

Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs Vote_lcap5%Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs Vote_lcap95%Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs Vote_rcap 95% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 22

Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs Empty Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 13:52

Yes they are not mutually exclusive, but for the sake of this argument, would you rather...

Cook/Langford/etc win the Heisman Trophy, but as a team be left out of the inaugural College Football Playoff

or

Make the the Playoffs, but not win the Championship and no Heisman

Normally I would always go with the team option, but I could see merit in having a Heisman winner helping recruiting/future teams as well. The team would also probably be pretty good and at least make tB1G championship game in order to get a Heisman.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs Empty Re: Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs

Post by NigelUno Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 13:53

Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs 294152859
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs Empty Re: Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 13:56

NigelUno wrote:Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs 294152859

also it's a message board so who gives a shit what we talk about
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 13:59

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Yes they are not mutually exclusive, but for the sake of this argument, would you rather...

Cook/Langford/etc win the Heisman Trophy, but as a team be left out of the inaugural College Football Playoff

or

Make the the Playoffs, but not win the Championship and no Heisman

Normally I would always go with the team option, but I could see merit in having a Heisman winner helping recruiting/future teams as well. The team would also probably be pretty good and at least make tB1G championship game in order to get a Heisman.
"I would rather we win a heisman to improve future potential recruiting to maybe have future success than have current success."

You know which fan base that sounds like, right?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 14:11

Good lord.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 14:11

I would take a 16 year old 5 star over both of those
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 14:15

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

also it's a message board so who gives a shit what we talk about

I chose not to talk.

Is that OK too?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 14:18

tGreenWay wrote:Good lord.  

Is this thread really happening?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 14:21

Turtleneck wrote:

Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs 294152859
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 14:33

Turtleneck wrote:

I keep blinking my eyes but it won't go away.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 14:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
"I would rather we win a heisman to improve future potential recruiting to maybe have future success than have current success."

You know which fan base that sounds like, right?

Except the playoffs arent based on your record as much as your record in comparison to other teams. We could have the same record in either situation but not make the playoffs depending on what some SEC team does.... team is still just as successful. Also why I said make the playoff but lose, obviously anyone would pick that if we win
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 14:37

This thread sucks more dick than Drake Harris.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 14:38

tTito wrote:This thread sucks more dick than Drake Harris.

Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs 1966794946
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTASOTAN Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 19:41

Where is the OPisadumbass/tanfan option?
SPARTASOTAN
SPARTASOTAN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RubberbandMan Sat 30 Aug 2014 - 22:23

Man, people sure have some stupid opinions.
RubberbandMan
RubberbandMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 31 Aug 2014 - 1:12

Would making the playoffs @ 12-1 and losing really be better than not making the playoffs @ 12-1 and having a Heisman winner? Would the playoff team actually be better/more successful? Hell the non-playoff team could win their bowl game and even end up with a better record.

Tonight August 31st, the first week of the season, MSU took a blow to its chances of making the playoffs...because Wisconsin lost to LSU...not MSU losing, but Wisconsin. That's fucked up. And they choked the game away, should have won easily if they give Gordon the ball all game.  

We weren't even considered last year for the champ game compared to Auburn, simply because Auburn plays in the $EC. Can also look back to other BCS years when we were passed over for other teams even when we had similar records/beat those teams. This year there is a chance the winner of tB1G doesn't make the playoffs just because of how the conference is perceived.  

Would having a Heisman winner increase our rep throughout the years more than simply making the playoffs? Winning tRose Bowl last year hasn't done much for our rep. Obviously inning more will help change that, but even then you can look at Stanford starting below many other Pac12 teams each year even though they've been to multiple (won 1) Rose Bowls recently. Hell even asking this question to our own fans caused most to assume not making playoffs = shitty record, recruiting = crootin rivals 5*s, and future team = more crootin.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a total fucking SB homer and think we'll be 13-0 every year so I assume we'll be in the playoffs. I also wonder if just getting a finalist for tHeisman would elevate our programs status but that's outside the scope of the poll and more for discussion.

clown
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun 31 Aug 2014 - 1:34

So would you rather have:

MSU lose to Oregon 48-42 with Langford rushing for 354 yards or
MSU wins 31-13 but Langford only has 86 yards?

I guess maybe I would take the loss because it would
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 31 Aug 2014 - 8:45

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Would making the playoffs @ 12-1 and losing really be better than not making the playoffs @ 12-1 and having a Heisman winner? Would the playoff team actually be better/more successful? Hell the non-playoff team could win their bowl game and even end up with a better record.

Tonight August 31st, the first week of the season, MSU took a blow to its chances of making the playoffs...because Wisconsin lost to LSU...not MSU losing, but Wisconsin. That's fucked up. And they choked the game away, should have won easily if they give Gordon the ball all game.  

We weren't even considered last year for the champ game compared to Auburn, simply because Auburn plays in the $EC. Can also look back to other BCS years when we were passed over for other teams even when we had similar records/beat those teams. This year there is a chance the winner of tB1G doesn't make the playoffs just because of how the conference is perceived.  

Would having a Heisman winner increase our rep throughout the years more than simply making the playoffs? Winning tRose Bowl last year hasn't done much for our rep. Obviously inning more will help change that, but even then you can look at Stanford starting below many other Pac12 teams each year even though they've been to multiple (won 1) Rose Bowls recently.  Hell even asking this question to our own fans caused most to assume not making playoffs = shitty record, recruiting = crootin rivals 5*s, and future team = more crootin.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a total fucking SB homer and think we'll be 13-0 every year so I assume we'll be in the playoffs. I also wonder if just getting a finalist for tHeisman would elevate our programs status but that's outside the scope of the poll and more for discussion.

clown

Wisconsin losing to LSU will have no impact on MSU making the playoffs.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 31 Aug 2014 - 11:16

Herbie Green wrote:So would you rather have:

MSU lose to Oregon 48-42 with Langford rushing for 354 yards or
MSU wins 31-13 but Langford only has 86 yards?

I guess maybe I would take the loss because it would

MSU wins
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Sun 31 Aug 2014 - 12:39

Hate almost everything the Heisman has become, the hype, announcing "candidates", the PR campaigning, the exclusion of every other position but QB ,RB and WR,  and the fact that dickhead Desmond can still brag about it.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 2 Sep 2014 - 1:10

Would you rather? Heisman v. Playoffs A5e7a3047ac216d3c6cb64_large
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down