Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls?

+22
HT
Larry Kazamias
Ass Dan
Death Roe
Giant Moose
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
AMwood
tTito
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
Herbie Green
Toe
MasonGuy
Spartan Pride
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
tanfan!
xsanguine
InTenSity
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? Empty Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 0:14

Talking about the late hit on his knee in the JSU opener..

"I was just really pissed off,” Cook said. “It looked gross, it looked really nasty, but the thing that really irritated me was how late it was and how cheap it was. That’s what got me going. I was really upset."

Isn't that a nice change from Cousins? Cook has some fuckin balls, man, I'm telling you. He's not going to walk into Kinnick undefeated and throw 3 picks or say he is just blessed by being in this position.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? Empty Re: Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls?

Post by duffy munn Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 0:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Talking about the late hit on his knee in the JSU opener..

"I was just really pissed off,” Cook said. “It looked gross, it looked really nasty, but the thing that really irritated me was how late it was and how cheap it was. That’s what got me going. I was really upset."

Isn't that a nice change from Cousins? Cook has some fuckin balls, man, I'm telling you. He's not going to walk into Kinnick undefeated and throw 3 picks or say he is just blessed by being in this position.

Are you saying Cousins didn't have balls ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? Empty Re: Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls?

Post by InTenSity Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 0:24

Why is cousins getting called out?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 0:31

InTenSity wrote:Why is cousins getting called out?

Good question.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 1:35

I liked Cousins. He seemed like a pretty good QB to me. Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? 2599972566

Last edited by xsanguine on Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 5:08; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 2:32

Maxwell?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 6:29

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 8:14

Agreed. Only time cousin showed any emotion was when we called to against Minnesota.

Plus if cousins ran the ball or threw a better pass to martin, we would have been rose bowl 2 of 3 years
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 8:16

Uhh, what? Cousins had MASSIVE balls. He won some of the biggest games of the last 50 years with some huge clutch plays. He was a tough MOFO even if he played laid back and respectful to the media.

And lol @ Blanch "He never showed any emotion". Anyone remember in the spring game when he threw a touchdown and ran literally 50 yards down the sideline with his arms up looking at the crowd? Then he did the same thing in a real game (can't remember which one) and got a penalty.

Now Maxwell did not have the largest pair as it relates to being a football player.

Last edited by Spartan Pride on Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 8:18; edited 1 time in total
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 8:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Talking about the late hit on his knee in the JSU opener..

I am glad that Cook has some balls. He also has talent. That being said, you would do well to try to make a different argument. This one makes no sense. There isn't a college football program in the entire nation that wouldn't want the second coming of Kirk Cousins on their squad.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 8:36

dumbass
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 8:54

Is it just me or did it seem like Cook didn't really want to answer Comp's questions in that video
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:04

The best Quarterbacks have their own personality and don't give a shit trying to emulate others.

Cousins was who he was. Lead by example, quiet, sure of himself, hard worker. Biggest in your face thing he ever said was "we can now walk around forever saying 4-0"

Cook told the truth and isn't worried so much about what he says. As long as it's the truth. It's why he let slip "that's michigan" this summer. It's why he said it was a cheap shot. It's his truth and he says what he means.

But both had balls during games. You need balls to throw a football through a 14 inch window 20 yards downfield in front of 80 thousand rabid fans while DB's with 4.4 speed are trying to make your life miserable while 300 lb linemen have bad intentions for you.

I don't want the next guy to "Be like Cook" or "Be like Cousins". I want him to be like himself.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:10

DWags wrote:The best Quarterbacks have their own personality and don't give a shit trying to emulate others.

Cousins was who he was.  Lead by example, quiet, sure of himself, hard worker.  Biggest in your face thing he ever said was "we can now walk around forever saying 4-0"

Cook told the truth and isn't worried so much about what he says.  As long as it's the truth.  It's why he let slip "that's michigan" this summer. It's why he said it was a cheap shot.   It's his truth and he says what he means.  

But both had balls during games.  You need balls to throw a football through a 14 inch window 20 yards downfield in front of 80 thousand rabid fans while DB's with 4.4 speed are trying to make your life miserable while 300 lb linemen have bad intentions for you.  

I don't want the next guy to "Be like Cook" or "Be like Cousins".  I want him to be like himself.  

I want him to be like Joe Montana (the 49ers one, not the ND/Chiefs one)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:11

DWags wrote:The best Quarterbacks have their own personality and don't give a shit trying to emulate others.

Cousins was who he was.  Lead by example, quiet, sure of himself, hard worker.  Biggest in your face thing he ever said was "we can now walk around forever saying 4-0"

Cook told the truth and isn't worried so much about what he says.  As long as it's the truth.  It's why he let slip "that's michigan" this summer. It's why he said it was a cheap shot.   It's his truth and he says what he means.  

But both had balls during games.  You need balls to throw a football through a 14 inch window 20 yards downfield in front of 80 thousand rabid fans while DB's with 4.4 speed are trying to make your life miserable while 300 lb linemen have bad intentions for you.  

I don't want the next guy to "Be like Cook" or "Be like Cousins".  I want him to be like himself.  

And OP apparently wants to be Drake Harris' homosexual lover.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:13

Blanch32 wrote:Agreed.  Only time cousin showed any emotion was when we called to against Minnesota.

This is among the stupidest thing you have ever posted.

Did you actually watch any of Cousins games at MSU ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:13

this is like poetry that makes me want to masturbate.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:16

AMwood wrote:

this is like poetry that makes me want to masturbate.

To be fair... Certain people could use "makes me want to masturbate" after everything.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:18

what the hell is the matter with you?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Great question, Bob.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:21

duffy munn wrote:

Great question, Bob.
one thing I've learned in my 44 years on the planet.. don't mess with Cousins within earshot of Duffy.. Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
one thing I've learned in my 44 years on the planet.. don't mess with Cousins within earshot of Duffy.. Wink

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? 502811600
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

he's the male version of "Lucy". duh.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:43

gHost Spartan wrote:This thread might be the dumbest thread in Swill history.

Right up until you started your ISIS thread.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 9:57

Thought Hoyer displayed a giant pair of huevos rancheros when he said to a reporter '“Sooner or later, the little brother, you want to put us that way, you get pushed around enough, the little brother fights back and kicks the other brother’s ass."
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 10:10

steveschneider wrote:Thought Hoyer displayed a giant pair of huevos rancheros when he said to a reporter '“Sooner or later, the little brother, you want to put us that way, you get pushed around enough, the little brother fights back and kicks the other brother’s ass."
\]

Just found this comment when I was searching for Hoyer's quote:

"There are folks who feel that you shouldn’t say anything that would be considered “bulletin board” material because it might excite the other team. BULL-CRAP! MSU on its best day couldn’t beat UM. In fact, the MSU players were all psyched up telling the media before the game that they were going to get Michigan to respect them Saturday. So they played their little hearts out and what happened? They lost.

If MSU could have won they would have…PERIOD! Michigan don’t need bulletin board quotes to get them psyched for MSU because they are better. And I don’t give a damn how long Dantonio plans to be there. Michigan will beat their ass until he gets fired. Then they will start with the new coach again.

The law of the streets says, “If I kick your ass, then I can talk as much smack as I want.” If you’ve noticed, those wait till next year quotes are only quoted by losers. I guess that is why Dantonio and Hoyer made them I guess. I’m proud of the fact that even when Michigan looses a game, they never say that. They just move on.

Go Blue!
- See more at: http://michigansportscenter.com/2007/11/dantonio-hoyer-respond-to-little.html#sthash.rX4w1pZv.dpuf"

LOL LOL!!!! So arrogant, pride really did come before the fall. Dantonio sure has shut those fuckers up!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 10:58

Ok, let me lay it out for you. Cousins had some WTF moments that "our best QB in MSU history" shouldn't have had. Cook is better, for the record.

@ Iowa 2010 - Let's throw off your back foot again Kirk!
@ NEB 2011 - ... under 100 yards, 1 INT, no TDs
@ ND 2011
Outback Bowl vs Georgia - You really throw a pick in OT?

I'm sure there's more, but I'm lazy.

Cousins seemed like a good dude in all, but what was his most impressive road win?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 11:01

Stanton and Smoker had balls and we sucked. I much prefer a QB who wins no matter if he has bravado or not.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 11:06

Spartan Pride wrote:Uhh, what? Cousins had MASSIVE balls. He won some of the biggest games of the last 50 years with some huge clutch plays. He was a tough MOFO even if he played laid back and respectful to the media.

And lol @ Blanch "He never showed any emotion". Anyone remember in the spring game when he threw a touchdown and ran literally 50 yards down the sideline with his arms up looking at the crowd? Then he did the same thing in a real game (can't remember which one) and got a penalty.

Now Maxwell did not have the largest pair as it relates to being a football player.

Whoa! The spring game!!!! That's huge. I post corrected
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 11:07

Really? What the fuck is the point to trash Cousins 3 years after he is done playing for MSU? And Maxwell while we're at it?

You suck, OP. Eat a dick.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 11:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Ok, let me lay it out for you. Cousins had some WTF moments that "our best QB in MSU history" shouldn't have had. Cook is better, for the record.

@ ND 2011

Cousins seemed like a good dude in all, but what was his most impressive road win?

Great point. Other than the PSU road game against a crap PSU team, cousins routinely crapped the bed when it mattered most
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 11:15

Blanch32 wrote:

Whoa!  The spring game!!!!  That's huge.  I post corrected

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? 1966794946

Death Roe wrote:Really? What the fuck is the point to trash Cousins 3 years after he is done playing for MSU? And Maxwell while we're at it?

You suck, OP. Eat a dick.

I'm not trashing him, man. I'm saying he didn't exactly have the bravado (thanks, Moose) that I want in a QB. I want my QB to have some ****ing attitude and be pissed when he loses. To get in someone's face when they aren't doing the right thing. Speaking his mind. Lead by example.

Maxwell didn't really count as a starting QB, so I won't even get into that. That was worse.

It's kind of sad how attached some of you guys are to these players, like you are personally insulted. Relax. It's a message board and it's like an opinion man. Why don't you eat Cousin's dick? Sounds like you would be glad to.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 11:20

I don't like any of my cousins. Thanks though.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 11:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Ok, let me lay it out for you. Cousins had some WTF moments that "our best QB in MSU history" shouldn't have had. Cook is better, for the record.

@ ND 2011

We don't get to overtime against Georgia without kirk leading a hell of a drive to tie it up at the end of regulation.

I would say Penn state was a huge win as well, given how important that game was
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 11:30

I don't know if a leader has to be outspoken to find success. Kalin Lucas was a quiet guy and he had great success. Had he not been injured, his jersey would be retired, he'd have a national title and would have made the NBA.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 11:32

Ass Dan wrote:

We don't get to overtime against Georgia without kirk leading a hell of a drive to tie it up at the end of regulation.

I would say Penn state was a huge win as well, given how important that game was

Yeah, we had under 2 minutes and no TOs.  85 yards to send it to OT.

As far as OT, a DB trucks Cunningham early with no flag and that's on KC?
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 12:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? 1966794946  
Come on, I know Blanch is this dumb but you are not this dumb. Did the same thing in a game, it was probably the 2009 UM game
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 12:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I want my QB to have some ****ing attitude and be pissed when he loses. To get in someone's face when they aren't doing the right thing. Speaking his mind. Lead by example.
Ok, nevermind, ignore the previous post. You are a ****ing moron implying Cousins didnt do all of those things, because he did every one of them.
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 12:31

@ ND 2011

Dude, don't get me started on all the horrible moments Cook has had in big games and small games alike. The reason he won those games is not because he acted all pisssed and had huge balls and stabbed his teammates for not stpeping up, it's because Cousins played with a very good defense and Cook played with a LEGENDARY defense that made late stops vs Stanford and OSU (and others) to seal the win.
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 12:32

Spartan Pride wrote:
Ok, nevermind, ignore the previous post. You are a ****ing moron implying Cousins didnt do all of those things, because he did every one of them.

So...his best road win?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next