Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls?

+22
HT
Larry Kazamias
Ass Dan
Death Roe
Giant Moose
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
AMwood
tTito
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
Herbie Green
Toe
MasonGuy
Spartan Pride
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
tanfan!
xsanguine
InTenSity
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls?

Post by Spartan Pride 2014-09-03, 12:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

So...his best road win?

Cousins played three ranked teams on the road in his entire career (Nebraska 2011, Michigan 2010, Iowa 2010) and was 1-2

Cook played one ranked team on the road in his entire career (Notre Dame 2013) and is 0-1

Not sure if serious
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls?

Post by HT 2014-09-03, 12:59

Cousins had balls. He just went about things differently than Cook, but was just as confident in himself.

HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-09-03, 13:17

Spartan Pride wrote:

Cousins played three ranked teams on the road in his entire career (Nebraska 2011, Michigan 2010, Iowa 2010) and was 1-2

Cook played one ranked team on the road in his entire career (Notre Dame 2013) and is 0-1

Not sure if serious

Nebraska wasn't ranked last yr??
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-09-03, 15:15

Spartan Pride wrote:
Ok, nevermind, ignore the previous post. You are a ****ing moron implying Cousins didnt do all of those things, because he did every one of them.

I can't believe the dumbass was admitted to MSU.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-03, 15:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Ok, let me lay it out for you. Cousins had some WTF moments that "our best QB in MSU history" shouldn't have had. Cook is better, for the record.

@ Iowa 2010 - Let's throw off your back foot again Kirk!
@ NEB 2011 - ... under 100 yards, 1 INT, no TDs
@ ND 2011
Outback Bowl vs Georgia - You really throw a pick in OT?

I'm sure there's more, but I'm lazy.

Cousins seemed like a good dude in all, but what was his most impressive road win?

I'm a HUGE Cook fan, and I see tremendous upside to his career that will land him as the all time greatest Spartan QB.

But I'm not that down on Cousins...I see his career as a Spartan as a game changer. Also, I'd say the last year beating a pretty damn good SEC team in a bowl game helps me forgive some of his faults.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-09-03, 16:10

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? - Page 2 1966794946

I'm not trashing him, man. I'm saying he didn't exactly have the bravado (thanks, Moose) that I want in a QB. I want my QB to have some ****ing attitude and be pissed when he loses. To get in someone's face when they aren't doing the right thing. Speaking his mind. Lead by example.

Maxwell didn't really count as a starting QB, so I won't even get into that. That was worse.

It's kind of sad how attached some of you guys are to these players, like you are personally insulted. Relax. It's a message board and it's like an opinion man. Why don't you eat Cousin's dick? Sounds like you would be glad to.

I understand your point, and I love Cook's attitude. But it's his, nobody else's, just his. We really don't know if Cousins didn't do that, and face it, he really is the Mateen Cleaves of the football program, representing when MSU got really good again. I also want my teammates to run through a wall for my quarterback. I think they'd do that for both of the quarterbacks, but one thing we know for sure, Cousins wasn't elected as captain of the team three years in a row because he was a wallflower that didn't lead in the locker room on the field and in the weight room. There was a reason he was elected three times.

I know you're not trashing Cousins, I know it's more of praising Cook, which in my opinion is very well deserved. It's just that I think, just in this instance, we're neglecting the fact that Cousins was indeed a leader his team wanted to follow. If I had to compare cross sports, Where as Cousins is Cleaveesque, Cook is like Scott Skiles, almost able to will victories from defeat. Both are outstanding and we're lucky we had them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-03, 16:40

DWags wrote:

I understand your point, and I love Cook's attitude.  But it's his, nobody else's, just his.   We really don't know if Cousins didn't do that, and face it, he really is the Mateen Cleaves of the football program, representing when MSU got really good again.  I also want my teammates to run through a wall for my quarterback.   I think they'd do that for both of the quarterbacks, but one thing we know for sure, Cousins wasn't elected as captain of the team three years in a row because he was a wallflower that didn't lead in the locker room on the field and in the weight room.  There was  a reason he was elected three times.  

I know you're not trashing Cousins, I know it's more of praising Cook, which in my opinion is very well deserved.  It's just that I think, just in this instance, we're neglecting the fact that Cousins was indeed a leader his team wanted to follow.  If I had to compare cross sports, Where as Cousins is Cleaveesque, Cook is like Scott Skiles, almost able to will victories from defeat.    Both are outstanding and we're lucky we had them.  

Three BIG reasons why captain Kirk is bad ass and an MSU legend:

1) Beating Georgia an SEC team in a bowl game
2) Rocket Play
3) Going undefeated against Michigan - 'Spartans are walking the streets'
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-09-03, 16:43

We're at a high water mark with the football program and people want to bitch about Cousin's attitude? ****ing morans.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-09-03, 17:57

****ing Nancies, Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? - Page 2 502811600
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-03, 18:01

Isn't it nice to have a starting QB with some balls? - Page 2 1966794946

I'm not trashing him, man. I'm saying he didn't exactly have the bravado (thanks, Moose) that I want in a QB. I want my QB to have some ****ing attitude and be pissed when he loses. To get in someone's face when they aren't doing the right thing. Speaking his mind. Lead by example.

Maxwell didn't really count as a starting QB, so I won't even get into that. That was worse.

It's kind of sad how attached some of you guys are to these players, like you are personally insulted. Relax. It's a message board and it's like an opinion man. Why don't you eat Cousin's dick? Sounds like you would be glad to.
I mean... We don't really know what Cook is like when he loses do we? On account of the never losing and everything.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-09-03, 18:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:We're at a high water mark with the football program and people want to bitch about Cousin's attitude? ****ing morans.

Yep. Dumb.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-09-03, 18:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Talking about the late hit on his knee in the JSU opener..

"I was just really pissed off,” Cook said. “It looked gross, it looked really nasty, but the thing that really irritated me was how late it was and how cheap it was. That’s what got me going. I was really upset."

Isn't that a nice change from Cousins? Cook has some fuckin balls, man, I'm telling you. He's not going to walk into Kinnick undefeated and throw 3 picks or say he is just blessed by being in this position.

Great points. If only Cousins would have had balls......he'd have been drafted and on the verge of unseating a golden boy heisman trophy winner from the same year as a starting QB in the NFL. Emotionless pussy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-09-03, 18:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
I mean... We don't really know what Cook is like when he loses do we? On account of the never losing and everything.

I know he was pissed when U of M got the BCS bid by "sitting on their couches ". Does this count for balls ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTASOTAN 2014-09-03, 18:31

So OP is into QB's testicles. Got it.
SPARTASOTAN
SPARTASOTAN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-09-04, 04:51

gHost Spartan wrote:This thread might be the dumbest thread in Swill history.
Op is an obtuse fucktard
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-04, 07:11

Tanfan! wrote:
Op is an obtuse fucktard

Go back to RCMB and call for more bannings, pussy. You can't handle here. Nigel ran you out. Lol.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2