Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Awkward Phase - Trying to reach critical mass...

+11
InTenSity
Snake Plissken
Blanch32
TravelinMan
Giant Moose
Ruckus
ancientspartan
TrueGreenSpartan
fishrose
Robert J Sakimano
SeeRockCity
15 posters

Go down

The Awkward Phase - Trying to reach critical mass... Empty The Awkward Phase - Trying to reach critical mass...

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-15, 13:45

Fingers crossed...

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Awkward Phase - Trying to reach critical mass... Empty Re: The Awkward Phase - Trying to reach critical mass...

Post by Guest 2014-04-15, 15:39

First!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Awkward Phase - Trying to reach critical mass... Empty Re: The Awkward Phase - Trying to reach critical mass...

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-15, 15:41

DJ Supersoak wrote:First!

cheers 
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

The Awkward Phase - Trying to reach critical mass... Empty Ground Rules for Posting?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-04-15, 15:55

hi guys.. first time poster..

I move that we establish some ground rules. What do you guys think about unbridled misogyny, excessive obscenities, rampant homophobia, an alarming degree of racism and public proclamations of the desire for physical harm on fellow Spartans?

my one suggestion, though, is that sarcasm - in any form - should not be tolerated.

Thanks guys and GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-15, 16:07

Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in.

Personally, I don't have a problem with any of those things.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by fishrose 2014-04-15, 17:52

I'm not sure this board will ever reach critical mass, tbh. Even if it seems that way, it'll just be hundreds of schticks. I'm willing to try it out though.
fishrose
fishrose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-15, 17:55

fishrose wrote:I'm not sure this board will ever reach critical mass, tbh.  Even if it seems that way, it'll just be hundreds of schticks. I'm willing to try it out though.

Yes. Going in I figured 20% shot, but based on traffic and responses, there is a lot of window shopping going on. Thanks for posting. That's the most important thing right now.

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-04-16, 08:24

SeeRockCity wrote:
fishrose wrote:I'm not sure this board will ever reach critical mass, tbh.  Even if it seems that way, it'll just be hundreds of schticks. I'm willing to try it out though.

Yes.  Going in I figured 20% shot, but based on traffic and responses, there is a lot of window shopping going on.  Thanks for posting.  That's the most important thing right now.

How do I turn off email notifications for when a thread is active? That will get REALLY annoying quickly
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-16, 08:26

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

How do I turn off email notifications for when a thread is active?  That will get REALLY annoying quickly

Profile->Preferences->"Always notify me of replies"

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by ancientspartan 2014-04-16, 20:09

SeeRockCity wrote:Fingers crossed...

I think there is a huge amount of frustration over the direction the "old board" took when it sold out to money grubbing.....and hope this effort makes it. I was willing to, when necessary and asked, to contribute to make server/software improvements on the old board, but the VIP fee for a profit making group, was not of interest to me. I will make suggestions and comments as this moves along. I do hope there is some kind of moderator function to weed out inappropriate posts such as player/coach/recruit bashing; racist/sexist/homophobic posts; and bigotry of any kind. I am not a big fan of using four letter words.....a board associated with an institution of higher education should reflect that association.
ancientspartan
ancientspartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruckus 2014-04-16, 20:11

ancientspartan wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Fingers crossed...

I think there is a huge amount of frustration over the direction the "old board" took when it sold out to money grubbing.....and hope this effort makes it.  I was willing to, when necessary and asked, to contribute to make server/software improvements on the old board, but the VIP fee for a profit making group, was not of interest to me. I will make suggestions and comments as this moves along.  I do hope there is some kind of moderator function to weed out inappropriate posts such as player/coach/recruit bashing; racist/sexist/homophobic posts; and bigotry of any kind.  I am not a big fan of using four letter words.....a board associated with an institution of higher education should reflect that association.
If you listen to this guy I'm gone. F u c k that.
Ruckus
Ruckus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-04-16, 20:15

If you need more mass, have you considered inviting Hondo?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-16, 20:17

Giant Moose wrote:If you need more mass, have you considered inviting Hondo?

:lol2: 
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2014-04-16, 20:36

The Awkward Phase - Trying to reach critical mass... 969504605 
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-16, 20:38

TravelinMan wrote:The Awkward Phase - Trying to reach critical mass... 969504605 

The Travelin Man! Thanks for checking out the site. Glad you brought your avatar, one of my favorites. Hope you stick around.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-16, 20:46

gHost Spartan wrote:Here's the thing: You can't please everyone. BUT, you can put rules in places that are, generally, acceptable to most. As ancient said, there are a lot of disenfranchised posters on the RCMB who simply do not have the same appreciation for the move to a profit-driven recruiting forum. The spirit of the old board is gone. And there are a lot of posters that just want to have fun, talk sports, and BS.

Dead on. That's the spirit of this board. Need to figure out how to balance. The Jackasses are coming, no doubt. That said, Shaggy Bevo is popular for a reason.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-16, 20:53

gHost Spartan wrote:See Rock, let's see how this board plays out. I'd be willing to throw in some money if we can get some stylistic and functionality improvements.

Great Ghost, thanks.

We will need some chedda if the board gets off the runway but not a lot. There are additional features, functions, storage, a dedicated domain name, etc. that we can buy with "credits". The posters can donate credits to the board via PayPal. I'll post a sticky or something on it down the road. The nice thing is that no money changes hands and there's no accounting responsibility on our part. Posters just buy the credits, and the board decides how to user them.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-16, 20:59

gHost Spartan wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:See Rock, let's see how this board plays out. I'd be willing to throw in some money if we can get some stylistic and functionality improvements.

Great Ghost, thanks.

We will need some chedda if the board gets off the runway but not a lot.  There are additional features, functions, storage, a dedicated domain name, etc. that we can buy with "credits".  The posters can donate credits to the board via PayPal.  I'll post a sticky or something on it down the road.  The nice thing is that no money changes hands and there's no accounting responsibility on our part.  Posters just buy the credits, and the board decides how to user them.

IF... IF.... we get more posters and this starts to take off then put me down for $100 in credits or whatever, I'll pay it straight to you, to improve the board.

IF is the key word. We'll see. Thanks.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-04-16, 22:32

So ancient s only prob w trcmb was the for profit part? If true I completely disagree with everything in that entire post
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-04-16, 22:37

blanch32 wrote:So ancient s only prob w trcmb was the for profit part?  If true I completely disagree with everything in that entire post

I'm pretty sure I met him in Indy
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ancientspartan 2014-04-17, 06:55

SeeRockCity wrote:

Great Ghost, thanks.

We will need some chedda if the board gets off the runway but not a lot.  There are additional features, functions, storage, a dedicated domain name, etc. that we can buy with "credits".  The posters can donate credits to the board via PayPal.  I'll post a sticky or something on it down the road.  The nice thing is that no money changes hands and there's no accounting responsibility on our part.  Posters just buy the credits, and the board decides how to user them.

This should be expanded a bit and pinned to the page....count me in when/if such credits might be needed or upgrades and features desirable....maybe a poll to help decide when it is time for consideration.
ancientspartan
ancientspartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-17, 08:52

ancientspartan wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

Great Ghost, thanks.

This should be expanded a bit and pinned to the page....count me in when/if such credits might be needed or upgrades and features desirable....maybe a poll to help decide when it is time for consideration.

Thanks Ancient. I am planning on making a sticky or something when the time comes.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-09, 09:59

gHost Spartan wrote:

IF... IF.... we get more posters and this starts to take off then put me down for $100 in credits or whatever, I'll pay it straight to you, to improve the board.
gHost, now that we're near 50,000 posts are you going to give SRC $100?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-07-09, 10:05

Giant Moose wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

gHost, now that we're near 50,000 posts are you going to give SRC $100?

lol.

If anyone reads this and really does want to donate, go here:

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/buy-credits
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-09, 10:26

What will it take to get more traffic here? What is the draw to tRCMB? I'm curious, because this place is more open, has better functionality and a decent core of posters. Is it the lack of recruiting news?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-09, 10:28

InTenSity wrote:What will it take to get more traffic here? What is the draw to tRCMB? I'm curious, because this place is more open, has better functionality and a decent core of posters. Is it the lack of recruiting news?

It's OT season everything is skewed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-09, 10:36

SeeRockCity wrote:

lol.  

Kickstarter?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-07-09, 10:40

SeeRockCity wrote:

lol.  

How much do you need until you're willing to bring potato salad to the Swill tailgate?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-07-09, 10:41

Ass Dan wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

lol.  

How much do you need until you're willing to bring potato salad to the Swill tailgate?

I will donate the tater salad no problem. We actually don't need any donate at the moment. I paid all of like $10 to remove ads for registered users and haven't really been shopping since.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-09, 11:21

NigelUno wrote:

Kickstarter?

That's for potato salad
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down