Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vikings trying to trade Peterson? (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt)

+10
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
Ass Dan
Turtleneck
Rocinante
steveschneider
NigelUno
14 posters

Go down

What would you trade for Peterson?

Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_lcap44%Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_lcap11%Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_lcap0%Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_lcap0%Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_lcap11%Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_lcap22%Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Empty Vikings trying to trade Peterson? (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt)

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-15, 11:51

Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) 2599972566

Apparently, he's been fully re-instated and is expected to play this week.

Last edited by NigelUno on 2014-09-17, 07:26; edited 2 times in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Empty Re: Vikings trying to trade Peterson? (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt)

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-15, 12:01

Nothing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) Empty Re: Vikings trying to trade Peterson? (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt)

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-15, 12:03

He is the best running back in the league by far. They should work with him to improve his image, meaning counseling and apologies on morning tv and all that shit. Minnesota is barely okay with him, without him, that stadium is a ghost town. I don't agree with his child rearing methodologies, but from a business perspective, losing AP would be devastating.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-09-15, 12:04

Rudi Johnson and Jon Kitna.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-15, 12:11

Rocinante wrote:He is the best running back in the league by far.  They should work with him to improve his image, meaning counseling and apologies on morning tv and all that shit.  Minnesota is barely okay with him, without him, that stadium is a ghost town.  I don't agree with his child rearing methodologies, but from a business perspective, losing AP would be devastating.

Dump him. Get #1 pick. Take Todd Gurley.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-09-15, 12:12

steveschneider wrote:Nothing.

Why....

I would give up this year's and next year's first round pick If I'm the Lions. They have proven they can't use them responsibly anyways.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-15, 12:19

No Tanfan option. I'm boycotting.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-15, 12:21

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11531210/minnesota-vikings-say-adrian-peterson-likely-play-week-3
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-15, 12:22

An aging running back in an increasingly passing centric league? I wouldn't give up more than a second or third round pick unless I think that he is what pushes my team over the hump
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-15, 12:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:An aging running back in an increasingly passing centric league? I wouldn't give up more than a second or third round pick unless I think that he is what pushes my team over the hump

I'm going to guess you've never really watched him run. There are only maybe three RBs that transcend the move to a pass happy, RB by committee trend, and AP is at the top of that short list, The guy is the best RB since Sanders. 2,097 yards last year. You don't give that up. He's 29. He's got at least three monster years left in him.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-15, 12:38

Rocinante wrote:

I'm going to guess you've never really watched him run.  There are only maybe three RBs that transcend the move to a pass happy, RB by committee trend, and AP is at the top of that short list,  The guy is the best RB since Sanders.  2,097 yards last year.  You don't give that up.  He's 29.  He's got at least three monster years left in him.

Vikings won't make the playoffs anyway. If someone offered me 2 #1s for him, it would take me 2 seconds to accept. Maybe 1/2 a second.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-15, 12:43

Rocinante wrote:

I'm going to guess you've never really watched him run.  There are only maybe three RBs that transcend the move to a pass happy, RB by committee trend, and AP is at the top of that short list,  The guy is the best RB since Sanders.  2,097 yards last year.  You don't give that up.  He's 29.  He's got at least three monster years left in him.
But how many offenses, in the middle of the season mind you, are even built to take advantage of that? Three more years? I dunno man, 29 is pushing it for RBs, especially one that has already had an ACL problem. I just don't think that giving up a first round pick would be a good idea for him, unless it's a perfect fit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-15, 12:50

Rocinante wrote:

Assuming he isn't charged for child abuse, and assuming that he can avoid off field issues in the future.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-15, 12:55

steveschneider wrote:

Assuming he isn't charged for child abuse, and assuming that he can avoid off field issues in the future.

That;s what I mean about rebuilding the image. The franchise needs to embrace him, at least privately and try to get him to see the error of his ways. If they don't have the personnel or inking to do that, then yeah I guess they should trade him. This could be turned into a big positive if AP is malleable. The public loves a come to jesus redemption story. I can t already see the 30 for 30.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-15, 13:12

Rocinante wrote:

That;s what I mean about rebuilding the image. The franchise needs to embrace him, at least privately and try to get him to see the error of his ways. If they don't have the personnel or inking to do that, then yeah I guess they should trade him. This could be turned into a big positive if AP is malleable. The public loves a come to jesus redemption story. I can t already see the 30 for 30.

He is definitely using the Ray Lewis PR strategy of invoking god and scripture about 'judging' and how the lord knows the 'truth'.

I don't think this is going to end well for AP personally, he's already denying guilt and hired Rusty Hardin to fight the charges. So much for a contrite AP.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-16, 16:38

Vikings are on the road this week. They better get something figured out by 9/28 when they host the Falcons.

They are going to have to cut him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-16, 16:42

NigelUno wrote:

They are going to have to cut him.

Nah, unless there is video of the switching. Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) 2943907172
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-16, 17:05

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Nah, unless there is video of the switching. Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) 2943907172

Anheuser Busch and other sponsors getting antsy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/anheuser-busch-criticizes-nfl-rice-peterson-cases-article-1.1941840
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-16, 17:09

"The "due process" argument is plainly bunk, but it holds even less water when one considers how quickly and harshly the Vikings have come down on players who have gotten into legal trouble in the past. In May of 2012, the team cut running back Caleb King after he was arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault. In November of 2013, cornerback A.J. Jefferson was cut just hours after being arrested for alleged domestic assault. And in February of this year, linebacker Erin Henderson was cut after his DUI arrest."

http://deadspin.com/gm-makes-absurd-claims-about-why-adrian-peterson-is-bac-1635032012
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-09-16, 17:24

NigelUno wrote:"The "due process" argument is plainly bunk, but it holds even less water when one considers how quickly and harshly the Vikings have come down on players who have gotten into legal trouble in the past. In May of 2012, the team cut running back Caleb King after he was arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault. In November of 2013, cornerback A.J. Jefferson was cut just hours after being arrested for alleged domestic assault. And in February of this year, linebacker Erin Henderson was cut after his DUI arrest."

http://deadspin.com/gm-makes-absurd-claims-about-why-adrian-peterson-is-bac-1635032012
NigelUno wrote:"The "due process" argument is plainly bunk, but it holds even less water when one considers how quickly and harshly the Vikings have come down on players who have gotten into legal trouble in the past. In May of 2012, the team cut running back Caleb King after he was arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault. In November of 2013, cornerback A.J. Jefferson was cut just hours after being arrested for alleged domestic assault. And in February of this year, linebacker Erin Henderson was cut after his DUI arrest."

That organization also cuts people that associate with homosexuals, right?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-09-16, 17:29

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

That would make Ray Rice look like a saint in his video.

Like I said after the Ray Rice episode, the NFL policy is don't hit your wife and if you do then certainly don't do it on camera....same thing only x100 for hitting kids.

By the way I'd trade Richie Incognidiot, Jonathan Martin and Michael Sam for AP
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-16, 18:20

Wally Fairway wrote:
That would make Ray Rice look like a saint in his video.

Like I said after the Ray Rice episode, the NFL policy is don't hit your wife and if you do then certainly don't do it on camera....same thing only x100 for hitting kids.

By the way I'd trade Richie Incognidiot, Jonathan Martin and Michael Sam for AP

Wally I should at least get a nod for best use of a smilie.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-09-16, 18:30

The cries from the social media lynch mob are getting louder. MORAL OUTRAGE!!!! PFT now saying the Vikes are considering reversing their decision from yesterday and he's less than 50/50 to play Sunday.

Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) 2661076-4776748856-s3hz.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-09-16, 18:38

[quote="steveschneider"]

Rusty Hardin

Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) 1966794946
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-16, 18:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The cries from the social media lynch mob are getting louder. MORAL OUTRAGE!!!! PFT now saying the Vikes are considering reversing their decision from yesterday and he's less than 50/50 to play Sunday.

Vikings trying to trade Peterson?  (Not anymore - He gone/suspended/exempt) 2661076-4776748856-s3hz.

Radisson is out. If Anheuser-Busch threatens to pull out (maybe they have), the NFL will cave for sure. The shield is bigger than any one player. AP is going to find that out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-17, 02:29

And he gone:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/17/us/adrian-peterson-child-abuse-charges/index.html
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-17, 07:19

pulling69 wrote:And he gone:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/17/us/adrian-peterson-child-abuse-charges/index.html

There was no way they could let him play.

At least the Vikings came to their senses, but they really had no choice.

Nice of the owners to make the GM say he would play, and then they (the owners) release the statement that he won't.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-11-04, 16:57

I have a prediction for how this is going to go and I want to get it on record before it starts.

As I'm sure most have heard by now, Peterson pleaded no contest in a deal and gets probation 80 hours of community service (including a PSA) and a fine. Case closed.

There is a lot of media/social media buzz about how the NFL/NFLPA are going to handle this. However, I find it very interesting that no one seems to be offering any strong opinions on the matter. They are in wait and see mode, or more accurately 'wait and pounce' mode.

The most logical outcome here to me, would be you call the 8 games time served as a suspension, fine him the amount he was paid for the first 8 weeks of the season and reinstate him. I doubt Peterson's camp and the NFLPA would accept anything less. Maybe an additional game or 2. But what ground do they have to stand on to do anything beyond that considering how the legal case played out?

At any rate, as soon as that is announced, the moral outrage lynch mob is going to fire back up. Then Deadspin will blast Goodell. Then The Big Lead will. Then Keith Olbermann. Then the local Valenti vultures will start circling, soon to be eclipsed by the national vultures. Goodell needed to make a strong statement here. He needs to step down/resign/be fired. Then likely the league and team will have to bow to the pressure again.

Just once I'd like to see one of these loudmouths offer an opinion before judgement is rendered.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-04, 17:04

He might get a year like Ray Lewis. Goodell had to cowtow to the liberal namby pambies (see Valenti and Foster). I wouldn't doubt if he does. And the Vikings cut him.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-11-04, 17:06

LoneWolfSparty wrote:He might get a year like Ray Lewis. Goodell had to cowtow to the liberal namby pambies (see Valenti and Foster). I wouldn't doubt if he does. And the Vikings cut him.

Yeah, anyone who takes a strong stance on beating the ever living shit out of kids is a flaming liberal.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-04, 17:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have a prediction for how this is going to go and I want to get it on record before it starts.

As I'm sure most have heard by now, Peterson pleaded no contest in a deal and gets probation 80 hours of community service (including a PSA) and a fine. Case closed.

There is a lot of media/social media buzz about how the NFL/NFLPA are going to handle this. However, I find it very interesting that no one seems to be offering any strong opinions on the matter. They are in wait and see mode, or more accurately 'wait and pounce' mode.

The most logical outcome here to me, would be you call the 8 games time served as a suspension, fine him the amount he was paid for the first 8 weeks of the season and reinstate him. I doubt Peterson's camp and the NFLPA would accept anything less. Maybe an additional game or 2. But what ground do they have to stand on to do anything beyond that considering how the legal case played out?

At any rate, as soon as that is announced, the moral outrage lynch mob is going to fire back up. Then Deadspin will blast Goodell. Then The Big Lead will. Then Keith Olbermann. Then the local Valenti vultures will start circling, soon to be eclipsed by the national vultures. Goodell needed to make a strong statement here. He needs to step down/resign/be fired. Then likely the league and team will have to bow to the pressure again.

Just once I'd like to see one of these loudmouths offer an opinion before judgement is rendered.

Goodell is going to cave on Ray Rice so he doesn't have to testify. That won't go over well. He's going to have to resign.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-04, 18:09

kingstonlake wrote:

Yeah, anyone who takes a strong stance on beating the ever living shit out of kids is a flaming liberal.

Agreed. ****ing pussies.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 2014-11-05, 00:59

LoneWolfSparty wrote:He might get a year like Ray Lewis. Goodell had to cowtow to the liberal namby pambies (see Valenti and Foster). I wouldn't doubt if he does. And the Vikings cut him.

Awesome precedent. Going too far disciplining your kid = murdering someone. Amazing world we live in.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-05, 07:10

dubie7006 wrote:

Awesome precedent. Going too far disciplining your kid = murdering someone. Amazing world we live in.

Dang it, I meant ray rice.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down