Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Called Comcast and saved $40 a month

+2
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
6 posters

Go down

Called Comcast and saved $40 a month Empty Called Comcast and saved $40 a month

Post by LoneWolfSparty 3/3/2015, 7:45 pm

My special pricing expired. Called Commiecast, they quote me a price saving me $40/month by switching to X1. The kicker? I have to agree to a two year agreement. I thought that was their thing, no contracts?

Jerks
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Called Comcast and saved $40 a month Empty Re: Called Comcast and saved $40 a month

Post by Turtleneck 3/3/2015, 7:56 pm

Sounds horrible. Absolutely, absolutely horrible.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Called Comcast and saved $40 a month Empty Re: Called Comcast and saved $40 a month

Post by Floyd Robertson 3/3/2015, 8:01 pm

Contracts work both ways, right? Like you sign and they don't raise your rates for two whole years. Sounds like one of those rare times in cable where everybody wins.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 3/3/2015, 8:35 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:My special pricing expired. Called Commiecast, they quote me a price saving me $40/month by switching to X1. The kicker? I have to agree to a two year agreement. I thought that was their thing, no contracts?

Jerks

So you just agreed to give Comcast several thousand dollars, and you're pleased with yourself?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 3/3/2015, 8:36 pm

Cym Jim wrote:

So you just agreed to give Comcast several thousand dollars, and you're pleased with yourself?

What part of my post did you get I was pleased from?!?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 3/3/2015, 9:50 pm

I hate comcast but I can't live without their service.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 3/3/2015, 9:55 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:I hate comcast but I can't live without their service.

Especially since Ann Arbor city council won't let WOW in.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 3/3/2015, 11:00 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:I hate comcast but I can't live without their service.

How long does it take for Harbaugh pics to load?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 3/4/2015, 12:15 pm

So I get the email breakdown and there are some surprises inside:

1. The X1 equipment has a 12 month discount rate (remember this is a two year commitment)
2. They want to charge $30 to have a "technician" install the X1 equipment

I called them and told them that 1 was sneaky and rotten and is why everyone hates Comcast. I told them to take #2 and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. They informed me that X1 required "professional installation". I told them I've forgotten more about this stuff than any "technician" they could ever send out would ever know.

So I cancelled X1, stuck to the 2 year agreement, and still saved about $30/month.

Comcast, Xfinity, whatever they call themselves these days can go stuff themselves. I finally agree with y2kdorkgrad on something.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 3/4/2015, 12:20 pm

This is all very fascinating.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 3/4/2015, 12:31 pm

Turtleneck wrote:This is all very fascinating.

I thought you'd enjoy this. TN, you complete me.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 3/4/2015, 2:05 pm

I've hated Comcast since they accused me of trying to steal cable when I was going to MSU in 1985. We were moving in when the cable guy showed up and he found a damaged wire at the distribution box. A few days later some guy from Comcast calls to accuse me of stealing cable and tries to threaten me. I gave him an earfull, told him to stick it up his ass and go ahead and shut off my cable and then I hung up on him. Jackass never did anything. A few months later we had an outage and the same tech came out. I confronted him too and asked him how the fuck we were supposed to be stealing cable on our first day at the apartment while we were moving in. He tried to deny it and tried to blame it on his supervisor. I hate that fucking company and I hope they fucking go bankrupt.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down