Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think we're going to be National Champions this year. We will make - and win - the playoff.

+9
Code_Warrior
tig ol bitties
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Ass Dan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
13 posters

Go down

I think we're going to be National Champions this year. We will make - and win - the playoff.  Empty I think we're going to be National Champions this year. We will make - and win - the playoff.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-09-27, 23:49

Yeah I said it. Fuck it.

I'm going to put some money on it tomorrow when futures come back up. What are current odds? 40/1?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I think we're going to be National Champions this year. We will make - and win - the playoff.  Empty Re: I think we're going to be National Champions this year. We will make - and win - the playoff.

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-28, 00:58

I will bet you my v money vs all of yours that we aren't.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

I think we're going to be National Champions this year. We will make - and win - the playoff.  Empty Re: I think we're going to be National Champions this year. We will make - and win - the playoff.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-09-28, 01:00

steveschneider wrote:I will bet you my v money vs all of yours that we aren't.

@ 40/1?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-07, 09:12

Bump.

I didn't put any money on it because there was no value in it. I checked when the futures came back up the next day, expecting at least 20-1 and MSU was 12-1.

That being said, I just checked my site.

Current favorite to win the NC is FSU at 4-1.

There are 2 teams listed next, at 6-1 - Auburn and Michigan State.

Bama is 7-1, and no other team is better than 10-1.

We are winning this thing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-10-07, 09:16

We would fuck Florida state up. I pray we get them if we get a playoff berth
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-07, 09:21

Ass Dan wrote:We would fuck Florida state up. I pray we get them if we get a playoff berth
yeah, they suck.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-10-07, 09:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, they suck.

If you've watched them you know they've been getting crushed with injuries, they don't have a great down field threat and they don't get off the field on third down. I think msu by year's end could handle them.

I also think jameis is a dickhead qb.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-07, 09:33

Ass Dan wrote:

If you've watched them you know they've been getting crushed with injuries, they don't have a great down field threat and they don't get off the field on third down. I think msu by year's end could handle them.

This weekend is Georgia Tech vs Duke to see who is most likely to win the Coastal, or whatever division they are in. That is going to be the next toughest game for FSU, in December...
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-07, 09:36

Ass Dan wrote:

they're certainly not as strong as they were last year. Gave up 41 points to an unranked NC State team.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-10-07, 09:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:they're certainly not as strong as they were last year. Gave up 41 points to an unranked NC State team.

I think on a neutral field state wins by ten points. Call me a homer.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-07, 10:03

MSU is very good and getting better. I'm pretty realistic about things, but I think if given the opportunity they could play with and potentially beat anyone in the country right now - at the end of the year they could be very, VERY good.

We had our chance at Oregon and blew it. Tough place to play, and didn't handle the stage well. Now we have to pick our way through the regular season and hope we don't have a let down. If we don't, we're going to get that opportunity again to play with the big boys in January.

That said, the future odds are a reflection of exactly that - who has the easiest path?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-07, 10:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:MSU is very good and getting better. I'm pretty realistic about things, but I think if given the opportunity they could play with and potentially beat anyone in the country right now - at the end of the year they could be very, VERY good.

We had our chance at Oregon and blew it. Tough place to play, and didn't handle the stage well. Now we have to pick our way through the regular season and hope we don't have a let down. If we don't, we're going to get that opportunity again to play with the big boys in January.

That said, the future odds are a reflection of exactly that - who has the easiest path?
there won't be a let down as long as they're playing Big 10 teams..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-07, 10:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:MSU is very good and getting better. I'm pretty realistic about things, but I think if given the opportunity they could play with and potentially beat anyone in the country right now.

Except Alabama. My butt still hurts from that ass raping. I want none of them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-07, 10:34

Rocinante wrote:

Bama in 2014 is nowhere near as good as Bama was in 2011. Look at that roster. Good lawd. Marcell Dareus, Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, Donta Hightower, Brandon Gibson, Dre Kirkpatrick, Eddie Lacy, Dee Milliner, C.J. Mosely, Trent Richardson, I mean it's just disgusting. Pro team.

MSU could definitely play with 2014 Alabama right now. We'll see where they are at the end of the year. They might be lots better than they are right now.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-10-07, 10:50

Teamtix are $53 for 400 level.goal line, $100ish for 200 level corner
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-07, 10:57

Rocinante wrote:

meh..

while they're still Alabama, they're 4-3 in their last 7 games. And the 4 wins came against unranked teams.

of course, I've seen nothing from MSU that makes me think they're much different - convincing wins of Jacksonville State, EMU and Wyoming.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2014-10-07, 11:18; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-10-07, 11:04

Need to start finishing the blowouts to get into the playoff.

I don't see it happening this year.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-07, 11:15

Rocinante wrote:

You know, as much as that hurt, I don't think this year's Alabama team is anywhere near the beast that team was, and MSU is much more of a beast now than that MSU team was. I don't think the roles have completely reversed, but I think, by year end, nobody will want to play MSU. If the D can play the way they did against Nebraska for an entire game with no let up, then MSU will be very hard to beat.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-07, 12:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
meh..

while they're still Alabama, they're 4-3 in their last 7 games. And the 4 wins came against unranked teams.

of course, I've seen nothing from MSU that makes me think they're much different - convincing wins of Jacksonville State, EMU and Wyoming.

Nebraska was ranked, no? I think we're going to be National Champions this year. We will make - and win - the playoff.  2599972566
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-10-07, 12:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Nebraska was ranked, no? I think we're going to be National Champions this year. We will make - and win - the playoff.  2599972566

Doesn't fit the narrative.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-10-07, 12:22

InTenSity wrote:
This weekend is Georgia Tech vs Duke to see who is most likely to win the Coastal, or whatever division they are in. That is going to be the next toughest game for FSU, in December...

FSU still has to beat Notre Dame too. And with 2 narrow victories so far, FSU will either have to pick it up a few notches, or one of those blasé performances will give them a loss. And a 1 loss ACC team isn't going to be in the playoff.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-07, 13:13

Notre Dame is smoke and mirrors. They just aren't that good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-10-07, 13:18

Rocinante wrote:Notre Dame is smoke and mirrors. They just aren't that good.

This. Three loss team.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-10-07, 13:28

Rocinante wrote:Notre Dame is smoke and mirrors. They just aren't that good.

They could be, but it's impressive what they've done with all the suspensions they had.

And FSU looks to be just as vulnerable. I hope ND wins, because they are much less likely to win the rest of their games than FSU is.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-07, 13:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

if you count the first 3 quarters, MSU played well. Problem is, a game last 4 quarters.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-07, 13:35

I think this thread sums it up nicely... no team it the country is as good as MSU is.

Go Green!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-07, 13:38

Rodeo Burger wrote:

They could be, but it's impressive what they've done with all the suspensions they had.

And FSU looks to be just as vulnerable. I hope ND wins, because they are much less likely to win the rest of their games than FSU is.

They remind me of MSU under JLS, where they'd roll up 4 quick wins, including one over a supposedly good opponent, get a ranking in the teens and then get wrecked during the conference play. FSU. Northwestern (probably not), Louisville, and USC could all beat them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-10-07, 14:04

MSU v ND in playoff.

oh mthafkn snap.

Brain 'sploding from the possible awesomeness.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-07, 14:06

AvgMSUJoe wrote:MSU v ND in playoff.

oh mthafkn snap.

Brain 'sploding from the possible awesomeness.

That would instantly change the Playoff system and get the committee fired ASAP. The SEC would start another Civil War and the west would break off into their own country where pot is legalized.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-10-07, 15:13

Rocinante wrote:

They looked really slooooowwwww vs. Ole Miss. Yeah Ole Miss has some players, but that is not something we've seen from Bama in a while.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-10-07, 15:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if you count the first 3 quarters, MSU played well. Problem is, a game last 4 quarters.

Last I looked we beat them through 4 quarters.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-08, 07:47

Nordic wrote:

Last I looked we beat them through 4 quarters.
very astute observation..  

so astute, in fact, that I just noticed that Florida State - who everyone here seems to think is vulnerable - has beat all of their opponents through 4 quarters as well.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-12, 00:02

I don't care who's going to make the playoff and who isn't. MSU, as evidenced by today, has a lot of work to do. MSU, as evidenced by today, could lose any given week if they don't bring it.

MSU, as evidenced by my observation, is as good or better than anyone in the country if they can put it all together. Seriously. There is no elite team this year. Jesus, this thing is ripe for the taking.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down