Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoke has another presser today at noon

+13
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
SeeRockCity
Other Teams Pursuing That
75alum
Robert J Sakimano
MasonGuy
AMwood
Brock Middlebrook
InTenSity
NigelUno
17 posters

Go down

Hoke has another presser today at noon Empty Hoke has another presser today at noon

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-01, 11:54

Wonder if it will go as well as the last one.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hoke has another presser today at noon Empty Re: Hoke has another presser today at noon

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-01, 12:05

Has it started? Were only 3 people invited and they are sharing a room in the basement somewhere?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hoke has another presser today at noon Empty Re: Hoke has another presser today at noon

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-10-01, 12:06

He found some ergonomically correct headphones
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-10-01, 12:10

can a ninja get a link?
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-10-01, 12:15

I don't think this is how you "shut the hell up!"
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-01, 12:35

gHost Spartan wrote:Maybe he'll resign

$3 million buyout. So, I'd say no.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-01, 12:36

What time zone?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-01, 12:41

let me know how it goes, please. TIA.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-01, 12:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:let me know how it goes, please. TIA.

Waiting for the ESPN update.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-10-01, 12:50

NigelUno wrote:

Only thing mentioned on Sports Center is that Gardner will play vs Rutgers. Obvious is obvious
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-01, 12:51

NigelUno wrote:

pretty sure tSwill will provide quicker updates..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-01, 12:52

WTF was it for?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-01, 12:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:WTF was it for?
I need to know..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-10-01, 12:58

pro combat unis for Rutgers. It's their(UofM) superbowl this year.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-01, 13:04

75alum wrote:

Only thing mentioned on Sports Center is that Gardner will play vs Rutgers. Obvious is obvious

I bet they don't let Shane even go to the game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-01, 13:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:WTF was it for?

Ahhhhhh...uhhhhhh...it's all in the uhhhhhh statement.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-10-01, 13:11

Not even trending on Twitter in Detroit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-10-01, 13:12

Brock Middlebrook wrote:He found some ergonomically correct headphones

Damn, I was wrong:

Hoke said he doesn't plan to wear a headset in the future to facilitate that process. He is one of the few head coaches in college football who doesn't wear one regularly.

"That's something I've explained a lot. It allows me to coach guys on the sideline," Hoke said. "I've got a guy right behind me who is telling me everything that I need to know. I think it helps when you want to be hands-on."
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-10-01, 13:30

Brock Middlebrook wrote:

Damn, I was wrong:

Hoke said he doesn't plan to wear a headset in the future to facilitate that process. He is one of the few head coaches in college football who doesn't wear one regularly.

"That's something I've explained a lot. It allows me to coach guys on the sideline," Hoke said. "I've got a guy right behind me who is telling me everything that I need to know. I think it helps when you want to be hands-on."

Especially since it's worked so well in past games.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-10-01, 13:30

Have they told him about Morris and his concussion?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-01, 13:48

Was this about an actual press conference, or did Hoke buy a sandwich press so that he squish more meat in?

(I felt this thread was missing a Hoke fat joke, so there you go)
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Green 2014-10-01, 13:54

kingstonlake wrote:Have they told him about Morris and his concussion?

WXYZ showed several portions of the press conference. They erroneously thought it was to address concussiongate. It was Hoke's normal mid-week press conference to address the upcoming game. After about 2 minutes of hearing about Rutgers, they cut away but came back to it about 10 minutes later when several questions were asked about if he felt thrown under the bus and about concussiongate and his response was basically what Nigel said above which was: "Ahhhhhh...uhhhhhh...it's all in the uhhhhhh statement." What a buffoon Hoke is and to realize that they are paying him over $4 truly large a yr just boggles the mind at the stupidity of the AD.
Murphy Green
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-10-01, 14:04

Murphy Green wrote:

WXYZ showed several portions of the press conference. They erroneously thought it was to address concussiongate. It was Hoke's normal mid-week press conference to address the upcoming game. After about 2 minutes of hearing about Rutgers, they cut away but came back to it about 10 minutes later when several questions were asked about if he felt thrown under the bus and about concussiongate and his response was basically what Nigel said above which was: "Ahhhhhh...uhhhhhh...it's all in the uhhhhhh statement." What a buffoon Hoke is and to realize that they are paying him over $4 truly large a yr just boggles the mind at the stupidity of the AD.

Obviously Brandon hired loyalty, not a coach. Brandon completely backed a fleet of maize and blue trucks over Hoke, and Hoke stays loyal.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-01, 14:12

kingstonlake wrote:

Obviously Brandon hired loyalty, not a coach. Brandon completely backed a fleet of maize and blue trucks over Hoke, and Hoke stays loyal.

What he says in public and what he says to Brandon face to face might be 2 different things. It's kind of a no-win situation for Hoke. Ultimately, he is responsible for what happens on the sideline and with his team. He can't really start point fingers.

The interesting thing is he wouldn't address his Monday comment that Morris did not have a concussion. If he really didn't know, shouldn't he be pissed about that? Like...really pissed? The AD and medical staff knew he had a concussion and didn't tell the head coach? Seems unlikely. So, that means he did know? And was playing dumb?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-10-01, 15:22

If anyone should be aware that repeated blows to the head can cause mental impairment, Hoke should.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-01, 15:51

NigelUno wrote:

What he says in public and what he says to Brandon face to face might be 2 different things. It's kind of a no-win situation for Hoke. Ultimately, he is responsible for what happens on the sideline and with his team. He can't really start point fingers.

The interesting thing is he wouldn't address his Monday comment that Morris did not have a concussion. If he really didn't know, shouldn't he be pissed about that? Like...really pissed? The AD and medical staff knew he had a concussion and didn't tell the head coach? Seems unlikely. So, that means he did know? And was playing dumb?
Or did Hoke save his job the last few days by playing dumb? He may have told Brandon that he'll play dumb, but if they fire him, he spills the beans. Especially if there is even an ounce of partial truth to the reports that Brandon was trying to convince the medical staff to leave the concussion out of their report.

But does this go beyond the concussion? Brandon had a golden opportunity to get rid of a coach who was on the hot seat to begin with and then just had the worst September in school history. But Brandon chose to try to cover Hoke's ass (which is a lot to cover). Why? It may be as simple as Brandon's fate being tied to Hoke's since he hired him. But this is also a University that really does not like bad press, and will try to ignore things and sweep them under the rug whenever possible, so it may go beyond Brandon, as well.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-10-01, 15:58

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Or did Hoke save his job the last few days by playing dumb? He may have told Brandon that he'll play dumb, but if they fire him, he spills the beans. Especially if there is even an ounce of partial truth to the reports that Brandon was trying to convince the medical staff to leave the concussion out of their report.

But does this go beyond the concussion? Brandon had a golden opportunity to get rid of a coach who was on the hot seat to begin with and then just had the worst September in school history. But Brandon chose to try to cover Hoke's ass (which is a lot to cover). Why? It may be as simple as Brandon's fate being tied to Hoke's since he hired him. But this is also a University that really does not like bad press, and will try to ignore things and sweep them under the rug whenever possible, so it may go beyond Brandon, as well.

"I know things Dave Brandon!"

"You keep your stupid fat mouth shut Brady."

"I tell you, I KNOW THINGS!! I'M NOT DUMB LIKE YOU THINK I AM!!!"

goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-10-01, 16:06

NigelUno wrote:

My sources (take it for what its worth) say that people at scUM believe Hoke wasn't told because Brandon tried to make the concussion "go away". They think he tried to hide it behind the leg injury but was not successful. In order for that to work Hoke must have plausible deniability. These are people in the know at scUM. People with commentary.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-10-01, 17:14

Hokes press conference:
Hoke has another presser today at noon Screen10

from barstool
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down