Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nebraska-Michigan State breakdown...

+7
steveschneider
75alum
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
SeeRockCity
Code_Warrior
Heat Miser
11 posters

Go down

Nebraska-Michigan State breakdown... Empty Nebraska-Michigan State breakdown...

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-03, 23:04

Nebraska-Michigan State breakdown
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Nebraska-Michigan State breakdown... Empty Re: Nebraska-Michigan State breakdown...

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-03, 23:38

I can't disagree with that analysis, but I think they're missing the fact that the Nebraska D will be missing some starters due to injuries. I think the MSU defense shows up, but that doesn't mean that there won't be big plays against it. I think the MSU O fairs better against the Nebraska D than the Nebraska O fairs against the MSU D. 35-24 MSU.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nebraska-Michigan State breakdown... Empty Re: Nebraska-Michigan State breakdown...

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-10-03, 23:42

Foggy Mountain Breakdown
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-03, 23:43

Code_Warrior wrote:I can't disagree with that analysis, but I think they're missing the fact that the Nebraska D will be missing some starters due to injuries. I think the MSU defense shows up, but that doesn't mean that there won't be big plays against it. I think the MSU O fairs better against the Nebraska D than the Nebraska O fairs against the MSU D. 35-24 MSU.

Yeah, Nebraska's 5-0, but really...who have they beat? Miami? Yawn. I'll be shocked (and really ****ing pissed) if MSU doesn't win by 10+ at home.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-10-03, 23:53

And this is all I have to say about that.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9988490
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-03, 23:57

SeeRockCity wrote:And this is all I have to say about that.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9988490

It'll be nice to remove the "if they hadn't turned it over 5 times they would've won" crap.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-04, 00:01

gHost Spartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Yeah, Nebraska's 5-0, but really...who have they beat? Miami? Yawn. I'll be shocked (and really ****ing pissed) if MSU doesn't win by 10+ at home.

Nebraska has beaten Miami and a B1G team, Illinois (albeit a bad B1G team). But come on, who has MSU beaten? Jax State, Wyoming, and Eastern, with a loss to Oregon. Nebraska is a lot better than #19. This is going to be a very tough game.

Yeah...nobody gets credit for beating Illinois, & Miami is very average (they were playing a true freshman QB on the road). We were ahead against a very good (& very healthy) Oregon on the road well into the 3rd period. Hats off to Nebby if they win, but I don't see it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-04, 00:02

Heat Miser wrote:

You know my prediction. We'll see if it works out that way. It'll be tough. That being said, I won't be surprised if we lose, and I'd be pissed, but only for about 15 minutes and then I'd come here to see what's up.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-04, 00:05

Code_Warrior wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

You know my prediction. We'll see if it works out that way. It'll be tough. That being said, I won't be surprised if we lose, and I'd be pissed, but only for about 15 minutes and then I'd come here to see what's up.

I think folks are still skeptical on the O, but I believe they're gonna put up 40+/game. Our D is not as good as last year, but they aren't 40ppg level worse.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-04, 00:13

gHost Spartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Yeah...nobody gets credit for beating Illinois, & Miami is very average (they were playing a true freshman QB on the road). We were ahead against a very good (& very healthy) Oregon on the road well into the 3rd period. Hats off to Nebby if they win, but I don't see it.

I was at the MSU / Oregon game and midway through the 3rd quarter I knew the game was over. Oregon clearly made the necessary adjustments and they just annihilated our D in the second half, while our offense struggled to score. It was extremely frustrating.

Keep in mind I'm not arguing that Nebraska will beat MSU. But I do think that Nebraska is a lot bettter than their #19 rank and it would not surprise me if they won. I see this MSU team as being more like the '11 team that had a above average offense and defense. T his is going to be a very very very tough game.

It wouldn't surprise me if Nebby won if the game was in Lincoln. We should not be losing at home with Cook @ QB. Nebby has yet to prove they are better than 19. They're Abdullah & a whole lotta nothing else. They're D is a MASH ward. Anything less than 35 for MSU is a failure on O. Anything more than 28 on D is a failure.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-04, 00:49

Nebraska will not be able to stop MSU. Actually, slight caveat on that. Remember when Roushar, Warner, and Cousins could not solve the Cover 2 that Nebraska threw at them in Lincoln in 2011? I think MSU has probably prepped for Nebraska's Cover 2, but I hope that the Huskers don't throw some kind of coverage wrinkle at us that we did not prep for.

Anyway, big if.....but IF they don't do that, MSU hangs 50 on Nebraska. Easy.

Abdullah is going to have some big runs. There will be some busts. Kid is too good not to. In addition, the extra attention on AA will probably allow for a big play or two in the passing game to Kenny Bell. In the end I think it's a comfortable win but our D will show some cracks in the armor.

52-31 good guys.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-04, 00:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nebraska will not be able to stop MSU. Actually, slight caveat on that. Remember when Roushar, Warner, and Cousins could not solve the Cover 2 that Nebraska threw at them in Lincoln in 2011? I think MSU has probably prepped for Nebraska's Cover 2, but I hope that the Huskers don't throw some kind of coverage wrinkle at us that we did not prep for.

Anyway, big if.....but IF they don't do that, MSU hangs 50 on Nebraska. Easy.

Abdullah is going to have some big runs. There will be some busts. Kid is too good not to. In addition, the extra attention on AA will probably allow for a big play or two in the passing game to Kenny Bell. In the end I think it's a comfortable win but our D will show some cracks in the armor.

52-31 good guys.

This is the "MSU is better than you" take which I subscribe to. Beating MSU is an affirmation that you have a very good team...and is a rare occurrence. Losing to MSU is expected.

If LSU loses to 'Bama (or vice verse), nobody freaks out. The assumption is that both teams are very good and somebody has to lose. This is how it should be now with MSU.

At any rate...it's better than being a road dog @ Rutgers. Nebraska-Michigan State breakdown... 1494614055
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-10-04, 09:45

At some points Armstrong is going to have to make plays with his arm. I like our position on that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-10-04, 21:06

The D has shown up so far. Took Pelini's "we'll run all over them" to heart.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-10-04, 21:34

Love the d tonight.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-10-04, 22:38

I did not.expect the d tonight. Holy smokes, this team can do whatever they are willing to work for.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Radio Raheem 2014-10-04, 23:06

Nebraska reminds me of all our Saban teams that shit the bed in big games.
Radio Raheem
Radio Raheem
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-10-04, 23:34

Want to see them deliver the ko punch to these fucks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-10-04, 23:56

That's what you get for letting up. Gotta deliver the ko punch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-10-05, 00:15

It was a breakdown all right.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-10-05, 00:19

Freep Sports ‏@freepsports 21m21 minutes ago

Why did Mark Dantonio put Joba in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-10-05, 01:41

Student section was a ****ing embarrassment tonight. Everyone else was only slightly better. Glad Dantonio called the crowd out.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down