Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Wings played very well tonight.

+3
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Code_Warrior
7 posters

Go down

Red Wings played very well tonight. Empty Red Wings played very well tonight.

Post by Code_Warrior Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:56 pm

I thought the Wings played great against Boston tonight. Great energy, great defense, great forecheck, winning the battles and overall made Boston look pretty slow and plodding. Howard played well except on Boston's first shot where Bergeron scored after the Wings dominated 1st period play, although I have to admit that Bergeron's shot was pretty damn good. The kids played great. They held Boston to 16 shots on goal. Very positive start.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Red Wings played very well tonight. Empty Re: Red Wings played very well tonight.

Post by InTenSity Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:57 pm

So...they lost?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Red Wings played very well tonight. Empty Re: Red Wings played very well tonight.

Post by Code_Warrior Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:01 pm

InTenSity wrote:So...they lost?
Red Wings beat Boston 2-1.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Pre season ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:07 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Pre season ?
First regular season game.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:22 am

It was a good game. I watched about half of it. I thought they were going downhill after Howard let the first goal in, but they picked it up. It was an enjoyable first game.

I am really looking forward to the new stadium and that whole area being built. I'm just sad they won't allow strip clubs nearby.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ancientspartan Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:27 am

Anyone who blames Howard for "LETTING" in the Bruins goal either didn't see the play, a turnover and a perfectly placed upper right corner shot over the catching glove, or saw it and never played hockey.  The shooter made the perfect shot....dropped shoulder making it look like he was going to the blocker side, then released it to the other.
ancientspartan
ancientspartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:01 am

Dendrobates wrote:It was a good game. I watched about half of it. I thought they were going downhill after Howard let the first goal in, but they picked it up. It was an enjoyable first game.

I am really looking forward to the new stadium and that whole area being built. I'm just sad they won't allow strip clubs nearby.

My image of you is totally blown.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:20 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

scratch
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:56 am

ancientspartan wrote:Anyone who blames Howard for "LETTING" in the Bruins goal either didn't see the play, a turnover and a perfectly placed upper right corner shot over the catching glove, or saw it and never played hockey.  The shooter made the perfect shot....dropped shoulder making it look like he was going to the blocker side, then released it to the other.
It wasn't a bad play on Howard's part so much as it was a deflating result for the team who had dominated play up to that point and it briefly gave Boston some life. If I tried to say that the play didn't briefly leave me questioning Howard, I'd be lying. Intellectually, I know he played that shot as well as he could, emotionally however, it was deflating for the team, the fans, and me and left me with a bit of Deja Vu. They came back from it though and played really well after they got over it, so that was great to see.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:17 am

I thought the PK looked good, Zetterberg looked really good, and I love that line of Sheahan, Tatar and Jurco
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:53 am

Dendrobates wrote:

scratch

I thought you were too cool to be a wings fan.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:25 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

What?! I've been a wings fan since I was a little girl! I was interested in hockey first before I was ever interested in football or baseball. I have the magic man's jersey. Who wouldn't want to have him anyway, he is the best hockey player in the league. Red Wings played very well tonight. 3493939353
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Dendrobates wrote:

What?! I've been a wings fan since I was a little girl! I was interested in hockey first before I was ever interested in football or baseball. I have the magic man's jersey. Who wouldn't want to have him anyway, he is the best hockey player in the league. Red Wings played very well tonight. 3493939353

You make me sad......
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down