Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#6 coaches poll - 10/12

+11
Snake Plissken
By-Tor
MiamiSpartan
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
LoneWolfSparty
CORNER BLITZ
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

#6 coaches poll - 10/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: #6 coaches poll - 10/12

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-13, 14:15

Heat Miser wrote:I hope that when the committee members are watching the games, they're doing so with the sound off. If not, Connor Cook's footwork alone may keep MSU out of the playoff.

Who was that turd anyway?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-13, 14:41

NigelUno wrote:

How do I get the last word by saying "you win"?
Because the rest of your post was dripping with sarcasm? 🤷

NigelUno wrote:I guess you missed my post where I said the Coaches Poll was less meaningless than the media poll. Kind of a play on words.

Intensity linked something that said that lady might look at the coaches poll. It was long. I didn't read it.

I think I said they might look at the poll. Is that such an unbelievable idea? Good Lord. Get a grip.
Umm, you were the one that seemed to have taken issue with someone suggesting that they won't look at it.

You don't think people on the committee would look at the coaches poll? And give it more weight than the media poll?
So, you don't think anyone on the committee looks at the coaches poll? Or will use the coaches poll in any fashion to form their own Top 25? Why wouldn't they? At least as a reference tool?

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-13, 15:16

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Umm, you were the one that seemed to have taken issue with someone suggesting that they won't look at it.

So if someone on the committee said that she does pay attention to the AP poll and the coaches' poll...that would mean what?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-13, 15:39

NigelUno wrote:

So if someone on the committee said that she does pay attention to the AP poll and the coaches' poll...that would mean what?
It would mean that you've changed your argument from the committee (as a collective) to a single member...the only member never to have been involved with college athletics.  
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-13, 15:41

Mock Committee by Andy Staples SI

Another long read, but a good one if you have a chance.

Hours later, after we had selected our four playoff teams, rounded out the Top 25 and populated the big-money bowls using data from the 2008 season, I understood why Long would want to blend into the scenery. When the time comes for the chair to explain why each team was ranked where it was ranked, the choices will be loud enough. No need to draw more attention.
The mock selection exercise confirmed one thing I suspected: This will be a lot like the NCAA men’s basketball tournament selection process. Multiple votes involving overlapping sets of teams allow members to parse teams more thoroughly, and they tend to suck conference superiority arguments from the room and force members to examine each individual team’s résumé more closely. The mock selection exercise also surprised me. I thought 13 people charged with finding the four best teams would have a fairly similar idea what “best” meant. As it turns out, those definitions vary wildly.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-13, 15:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
It would mean that you've changed your argument from the committee (as a collective) to a single member...the only member never to have been involved with college athletics.  

I think it's possible that they (as individual members of the committee) will look at the coaches poll (and maybe even the media poll as one member has admitted to already), in formulating their own Top 25 (which will then be used to form the committee's Top 25). I think they would give more weight to the coaches poll (as opposed to the media poll).

You don't think that will happen (even though one member kind of admitted to it already).

We good now?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-13, 16:10

NigelUno wrote:

I think it's possible that they (as individual members of the committee) will look at the coaches poll (and maybe even the media poll as one member has admitted to already), in formulating their own Top 25 (which will then be used to form the committee's Top 25). I think they would give more weight to the coaches poll (as opposed to the media poll).

You don't think that will happen with most members of the committee (even though one member kind of admitted to it already).

We good now?
With the one edit, yes. Can you please initialize the edit and have this notarized so that we can file it with the proper authorities? tongue
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2