Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy additions to the Gerousia deadline has passed - But, another question...

+14
WhiteBoyHatcher
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
Murphy Green
J T
tWerm
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
Big Ten Referee
The Pantry
NigelUno
SeeRockCity
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Legacy additions to the Gerousia deadline has passed - But, another question... - Page 2 Empty Re: Legacy additions to the Gerousia deadline has passed - But, another question...

Post by NigelUno 2014-04-26, 00:23

Death Roe wrote:

I'm already tempted to start a petition to ban someone...

Legacy additions to the Gerousia deadline has passed - But, another question... - Page 2 1542793333  Legacy additions to the Gerousia deadline has passed - But, another question... - Page 2 276803595 

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Legacy additions to the Gerousia deadline has passed - But, another question... - Page 2 Empty Re: Legacy additions to the Gerousia deadline has passed - But, another question...

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-04-26, 00:24

ErnieMcCracken wrote:

Thanks- I feel a bit guilty about Trevor but I plan on supporting both boards unless one really wins out. I imagine Trevor has not been "blown away" by the revolutionary plans of 247. Good luck and thanks to you and others for setting it up. Horns 247 and Shaggy Bevo coexist.

Shaggy Bevo spun off of Horn Fans. Actually very similar circumstances to this.

Do a google search for the horn fans forums and compare it to Shaggy Bevo for a decent evolutionary case study. We just need a guy who can draw MS Paint penises and we'll blast off in no time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-26, 00:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
ErnieMcCracken wrote:

Thanks- I feel a bit guilty about Trevor but I plan on supporting both boards unless one really wins out. I imagine Trevor has not been "blown away" by the revolutionary plans of 247. Good luck and thanks to you and others for setting it up. Horns 247 and Shaggy Bevo coexist.

Shaggy Bevo spun off of Horn Fans. Actually very similar circumstances to this.

Do a google search for the horn fans forums and compare it to Shaggy Bevo for a decent evolutionary case study. We just need a guy who can draw MS Paint penises and we'll blast off in no time.

Probably need a sticky on that.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-04-26, 00:27

SeeRockCity wrote:

But notice he's still a legacy.  

See that Ernie?  That's how it works here.

Opti will be sad he missed the deadline.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-04-26, 00:32

SeeRockCity wrote:

Probably need a sticky on that.

I'll write it for you. Need someone who can do this:

Legacy additions to the Gerousia deadline has passed - But, another question... - Page 2 Week15-10
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-26, 00:36

The deadline has passed (officially).

Question.

I'm torn about shutting down the legacy option.

On the one hand, I think we really want the community represented by as many long-time posters as possible.  On the other, we can't wait around forever.  The Gerousia is already fairly large.

What say you board.  Since this was stickied as a deadline,  I think the decision to extend or remove the deadline must be changed via vote. This would fall under Operational decisions which is 2/3-1/2.

What say the Gerousia?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-04-26, 00:44

SRC, I truly appreciate the lengths you are going to in order to make sure that the gen pop shapes this board. But imo you have been doing a seriously kick ass job and going above and beyond in that regard. I don't think you need to put it to a vote. I can see a case either way and don't think either decision is very controversial. My .02 is make a decision and we've got your back.  Legacy additions to the Gerousia deadline has passed - But, another question... - Page 2 55953254 

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-04-26, 09:32

SeeRockCity wrote:The deadline has passed (officially).

Question.

I'm torn about shutting down the legacy option.

On the one hand, I think we really want the community represented by as many long-time posters as possible.  On the other, we can't wait around forever.  The Gerousia is already fairly large.

What say you board.  Since this was stickied as a deadline,  I think the decision to extend or remove the deadline must be changed via vote. This would fall under Operational decisions which is 2/3-1/2.

What say the Gerousia?

I don't think the deadline was in the charter though. I think you could extend it. If you want to have dissenting opinion(s) represented in the Gerousia, it might be a good idea (a controversial poster might not get elected into the Gerousia).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-04-26, 09:49

ErnieMcCracken wrote:

I figure that quote could make its way over here and I wrote that thinking that. I stand by most of that. Tanfan is terrific but c'mon we all know how he posts. I have battled with him and against him. Me and you Nigel have battled since JLS on SpartanMag and to be honest you troll with the intention of incite. Gomer has bitched about 247 for years and Moose has a offensive tipping problem. Really just facts there. As for tools Duffy is. Is there an ignore for him? His smears and attack dog posts are bothersome. Oh well.....let's all fight. I'm ready.

You nailed it bro. Lol.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-04-26, 09:51

NigelUno wrote:

I don't think the deadline was in the charter though.  I think you could extend it.  If you want to have dissenting opinion(s) represented in the Gerousia, it might be a good idea (a controversial poster might not get elected into the Gerousia).  

Seriously. Who else is out there that you want as a voting member.  We have all the cool kids and a few aholes too. I say the deadline is over. We have our group.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-26, 09:52

Tanfan! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I don't think the deadline was in the charter though.  I think you could extend it.  If you want to have dissenting opinion(s) represented in the Gerousia, it might be a good idea (a controversial poster might not get elected into the Gerousia).  

Seriously. Who else is out there that you want as a voting member.  We fits all the cool kids and a few aholes too.

I keep telling myself the same thing, then somebody else shows up.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-04-26, 10:11

Tanfan! wrote:

Seriously. Who else is out there that you want as a voting member.  We have all the cool kids and a few aholes too. I say the deadline is over. We have our group.

It's not about who I want. It's about encouraging "legacy" posters to join us.

If it becomes a popularity contest to vote in certain posters to the Gerousia, then the board loses out (in my opinion).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-04-26, 10:14

SeeRockCity wrote:

I keep telling myself the same thing, then somebody else shows up.  

Case in point: Ernie

He barely beat the deadline. Is he a "legacy" poster? Of course.

Would he have been voted into the Gerousia? It would have been interesting.

People are already posting about voting him out.

I'd rather not exclude someone just because of an arbitrary deadline.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2