Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have to admit. That last touchdown

+14
Nommad2
The Pantry
LoneWolfSparty
Robert J Sakimano
Wally Fairway
Jethro Bodeen
InTenSity
75alum
Herbie Green
WBill
Death Roe
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
SeeRockCity
18 posters

Go down

I have to admit.  That last touchdown Empty I have to admit. That last touchdown

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-10-26, 15:54

felt really, really good.

That's all.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I have to admit.  That last touchdown Empty Re: I have to admit. That last touchdown

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-10-26, 16:28

Yes Yes Yes

(Anyone have a good video of that?)
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I have to admit.  That last touchdown Empty Re: I have to admit. That last touchdown

Post by DWags 2014-10-26, 16:49

Would have felt better had we gone for two. But it still felt good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-10-26, 16:58

LOL @ the pussies on this board who didn't think MSU would blow them out.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-10-26, 17:10

Coach D just did that 99.9% of the fans hoped he would do. And this was before almost anyone in the stadium had heard anything about a stake plant.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-10-26, 17:23

It was funny how I think that was the happiest moment for the crowd without even knowing about the stake.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-10-26, 17:27

Death Roe wrote:LOL @ the pussies on this board who didn't think MSU would blow them out.

Don't ever take this s*** for granted or we become like them
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-10-26, 17:32

Herbie Green wrote:It was funny how I think that was the happiest moment for the crowd without even knowing about the stake.
It was and it was immediately followed by this.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-10-26, 19:22

It had to happen. Wanted it soooo much! MD does not disappoint.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-26, 20:06

It'd be interesting if he knew the spread. A lot of money put on wolvies to cover would have been put there by their fans. Just think, the gamblers are all breathing a little easy because Coach D will typically take a knee, and they cover by 1 point. Instead, he calls the play and they take the spread.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-10-26, 20:23

InTenSity wrote:It'd be interesting if he knew the spread. A lot of money put on wolvies to cover would have been put there by their fans. Just think, the gamblers are all breathing a little easy because Coach D will typically take a knee, and they cover by 1 point. Instead, he calls the play and they take the spread.

And to think of all the SCum homers that took SCum +17 and were relieved to just pay the juice only to have their livers yanked-out by that last TD. Some bitter mudder falkers for sure.
I bet they don't want to bet no mo!
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-10-26, 20:26

DWags wrote:Would have felt better had we gone for two. But it still felt good.

An on-side kick would have been icing on the cake. Bomb into end-zone for a TD. Then go for 2.

And if any time on the clock- do another onside kick.

Fuck-em
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-10-26, 20:34

+1
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-27, 08:42

agree completely - it was pure class.. and oozed with that Spartan humility that makes us who we are..

Spartans Will.

GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-10-27, 08:45

Many of us in the stands were calling for it.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-10-27, 08:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:agree completely - it was pure class.. and oozed with that Spartan humility that makes us who we are..

Spartans Will.

GO GREEN!!

Fuck off, Bob
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-27, 08:50

The Pantry wrote:Fuck off, Bob
You may now ignore Bob..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-10-27, 09:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:agree completely - it was pure class.. and oozed with that Spartan humility that makes us who we are..

Spartans Will.

GO GREEN!!

-1 I have to admit.  That last touchdown 2130724145

Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-27, 09:02

Nommad2 wrote:

-1 I have to admit.  That last touchdown 2130724145

I have to admit.  That last touchdown 905083632
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-10-27, 10:49

Spartans Will.

GO GREEN!!

Broken record.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-10-27, 11:12

Spartans Will.

GO GREEN!!

-1 Bob, you realize that there are goals that are bigger than just beating Michigan (or any individual team) and one of them is qualifying for the 4 team playoff. That will require impressing a committee that has not given specific methods for their selection - but as an example the score of the MSU/UM game could be relevant to them if they need to make a decision on MSU vs ND as the last team into the tournament. So that score actually matters to this year.

oh nevermind - it is a football thing and I wouldn't expect you to get it.
how was the latest Taylor Swift song?
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-27, 11:14

I think Comp had a pretty good take on this. I'm paraphrasing, but his take was kind of that this was a calculated move by Dantonio, as was talking about it very matter of factly in the postgame presser. Comp's take was that the media does not notice a lot of the "little things" that Michigan has done in this rivalry that are low brow/classless, and those never get brought up. He listed off a bunch of things, like the walk off in 2011, or other digs their players had made in the media, or the calculated "moment of silence", the way the players acted in 2007, even the Mike Hart comments didn't get much attention until Dantonio responded. On the other hand, the media seemingly can't wait to pounce on Michigan State for every little nugget in regards to this rivalry. From the beating to death of the countdown clock (and UM players openly mocking it during 2007). Yet Hoke installs one the following year and it doesn't get noticed. To the Narduzzi "60 minutes of unnecessary roughness" comments to the Gholston punch - all of which were ridiculously scrutinized and almost received national attention, with virtually no attention to what preceded those actions/words.

Comp's take was that Dantonio wanted to make sure the media picked up on yet another lame disrespectful act in a line of many. Perhaps he didn't punch in the TD just to make sure light was shed on the pregame act, but he was very calculating in bringing it up and saying why it was done. Otherwise, history would probably be repeating itself, and the media would be regurgitating little brother shit about why we felt the need to punch in a classless score at the end of the game.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-27, 11:20

Wally Fairway wrote:
-1 Bob, you realize that there are goals that are bigger than just beating Michigan (or any individual team) and one of them is qualifying for the 4 team playoff. That will require impressing a committee that has not given specific methods for their selection - but as an example the score of the MSU/UM game could be relevant to them if they need to make a decision on MSU vs ND as the last team into the tournament. So that score actually matters to this year.

as perfect as one can get without MSU football being involved.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-10-27, 11:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think Comp had a pretty good take on this. I'm paraphrasing, but his take was kind of that this was a calculated move by Dantonio, as was talking about it very matter of factly in the postgame presser. Comp's take was that the media does not notice a lot of the "little things" that Michigan has done in this rivalry that are low brow/classless, and those never get brought up. He listed off a bunch of things, like the walk off in 2011, or other digs their players had made in the media, or the calculated "moment of silence", the way the players acted in 2007, even the Mike Hart comments didn't get much attention until Dantonio responded. On the other hand, the media seemingly can't wait to pounce on Michigan State for every little nugget in regards to this rivalry. From the beating to death of the countdown clock (and UM players openly mocking it during 2007). Yet Hoke installs one the following year and it doesn't get noticed. To the Narduzzi "60 minutes of unnecessary roughness" comments to the Gholston punch - all of which were ridiculously scrutinized and almost received national attention, with virtually no attention to what preceded those actions/words.

Comp's take was that Dantonio wanted to make sure the media picked up on yet another lame disrespectful act in a line of many. Perhaps he didn't punch in the TD just to make sure light was shed on the pregame act, but he was very calculating in bringing it up and saying why it was done. Otherwise, history would probably be repeating itself, and the media would be regurgitating little brother shit about why we felt the need to punch in a classless score at the end of the game.

Or, simply, more bulletin board material for Spartan generations to come. I have no doubt that Dantonio calculated just that after about 0.1 seconds of contemplation.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2014-10-27, 11:49

Agree. I actually said to my son "Man, I hope they don't take a knee here..."
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-10-27, 11:53

Wally Fairway wrote:

Please do not feed, nor quote the troll. Many of us have Turdimano on ignore. TIA
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down