Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it?

+16
steveschneider
The Pantry
Cool Runnings
Brock Middlebrook
y2kMgrad
Watch Out Pylon!
Nommad2
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
HT
75alum
Floyd Robertson
Ass Dan
DWags
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it? Empty The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-13, 00:16

The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it? MV5BMTQ1NzE3MzY0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTM2MzE5._V1_SX640_SY720_

Classic. Some kids I talk to haven't even heard of this movie. Just down right disrespectful.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it? Empty Re: The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it?

Post by xsanguine 2014-11-13, 00:19

I was lazy and watched 4 movies back to back today while eating ice cream and Indian food... the last one of the bunch was Jerry Maguire.

Pretty good movie... the best of Tom Cruise and Renee Zellweger's career. Cuba is usually always good.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it? Empty Re: The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it?

Post by DWags 2014-11-13, 00:31

Just re-watched American Movie. If you haven't seen it, ti's probably one of lth e10 best in the last decade and a half.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-11-13, 00:32

MacGruber

That movie is grossly underrated
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-13, 00:33

Ass Dan wrote:MacGruber

That movie is grossly underrated

I will just ignore this post. Awful awful awful
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-11-13, 05:01

I think that I've watched four movies in the last couple of months.

The Railway Man -- based on a true story, but don't feel bad if you never watch this one.
Winter Soldier -- enjoyed watching it at the time but barely remember it now.
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit -- probably the best of the four, but I have major problems with this attempt at rebooting Jack Ryan.
Parkland -- interesting account of the JFK assassination, but far from a "must see".

I'm really starting to lose interest in watching movies and I'm getting close to cancelling my Netflix DVD subscription.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-11-13, 05:36

New: The Judge.  Interesting look at age, values and dysfunction.
Old: Swing Kids. Young adult movement against the rise of Nazi Germany.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-11-13, 08:03

Saw Interstellar last week. Loved it...even had a few moments that really startled me.

Saw it in IMax though, so see it there instead of the normal theaters.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-13, 08:08

I don't watch or go to a lot of movies... but I did see Boyhood back in, probably, early September. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-13, 09:28

So, the irony for me in this situation is that I bought surround sound system a couple of years ago. Since then I kind of stopped watching movies. With where I'm at in my life, I just don't have a spare 2.5 hours to watch one.

Winter Soldier is what I think the last one was.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-11-13, 09:51

Godzilla - best character, Walter White, offed midway through film. Other characters bland and stupid. Not enough monster time. 2.5 out of 5 stars.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-11-13, 10:14

This is 40. Had some funny parts to it. A decent comedy. The principal's office scene was great.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-13, 10:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This is 40. Had some funny parts to it. A decent comedy. The principal's office scene was great.
did you see the outtake at the end? I could be wrong but I think I read that this was entirely ad-libbed.. The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it? 502811600

(obviously NSFW)

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2014-11-13, 10:43

The fault in our stars -- tWife wanted to see this so we got a sitter and went. Very good movie though, i liked more than i thought i would.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-11-13, 10:44

Drive (was pretty good); &
Transcendence (ok)
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-13, 10:44

y2kMgrad wrote:The fault in our stars -- tWife wanted to see this so we got a sitter and went. Very good movie though, i liked more than i thought i would.
I didn't see it..

I just know when my daughter (sorry Forbin) came home from seeing it, her eyes were still red from all the sobbing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2014-11-13, 10:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I didn't see it..

I just know when my daughter (sorry Forbin) came home from seeing it, her eyes were still red from all the sobbing.

The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it? 502811600 Yeah it's one of those. I think I was the only guy in the theatre.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-13, 10:50

y2kMgrad wrote:

The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it? 502811600 Yeah it's one of those. I think I was the only guy in the theatre.
I probably would've teared up.. I'm pretty soft when it comes to stuff like that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2014-11-13, 10:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I probably would've teared up.. I'm pretty soft when it comes to stuff like that.

Well it was no Marley and Me but........pale

Do we have crying smiley over here?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-13, 11:04

y2kMgrad wrote:

Well it was no Marley and Me but........pale

Do we have crying smiley over here?
I don't think so... I guess there's no crying at tSwill..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool Runnings 2014-11-13, 12:53

The last few:
Venus in Furs- Great movie. For a film that consisted of two actors in one room the entire movie it was incredibly captivating.
Breathe In- This was OK. I really like Guy Pearce but overall it was just not very interesting. I give it a solid "meh". Guy Pearce was great in Rover FWIW. I had low expectations for that movie but it was pretty good. Robert Pattinson was really good too actually.
Cuban Fury- Started out slow but was a pretty decent comedy. Nick Frost and Chris O'Dowd are always good and Ian McShane's pretty funny as well.
How to Train Your Dragon 2- Solid.
Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-11-13, 17:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't watch or go to a lot of movies... but I did see Boyhood back in, probably, early September. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I thought Boyhood was terrible. Liked the concept but didn't like the pacing of the film and really could not stand Patricia Arquette, or the boy or the sister.

Ethan Hawke was pretty good, though.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-11-13, 19:59

Have not watched a movie in probably 5 or 6 years. Guessing it was one of the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy I use to have on DVR
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-13, 20:24

Finally saw Lincoln, meh. Saw Fury the other week, that was pretty entertaining.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-14, 08:11

SpartanHT wrote:

I thought Boyhood was terrible. Liked the concept but didn't like the pacing of the film and really could not stand Patricia Arquette, or the boy or the sister.

Ethan Hawke was pretty good, though.
the concept really was pretty cool. Looking back on it, hard to believe nobody had ever really thought to film a movie in that fashion.

Yes, Ethan Hawke was good..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-14, 10:13

Catching up on last years films on Netflix (I don't go to the theater anymore)...Have Captain Philips and Dallas Buyers Club.

Any other must see films from 2013?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-14, 10:14

Also, Virunga on Netflix looks incredible.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-11-14, 10:34

steveschneider wrote:Catching up on last years films on Netflix (I don't go to the theater anymore)...Have Captain Philips and Dallas Buyers Club.

The last two movies that I've been to see in the theater were Star Trek films, 2009 and 2012. I don't get the allure anymore.

The Wolf of Wall Street was my favorite film of 2013. Not sure if Netflix has it on streaming, though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-11-14, 12:22

Men of Honor - solid flick
The Internship - better than expected
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-14, 12:39

steveschneider wrote:Catching up on last years films on Netflix (I don't go to the theater anymore)...Have Captain Philips and Dallas Buyers Club.

Captain Philips and Dallas Buyers Club are obvious watches. Do that.

I liked Gravity. 12 years a slave. Zero Dark Thirty. American hustle, blackfish, and Hunger Games?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-14, 13:26

Floyd Robertson wrote:

The last two movies that I've been to see in the theater were Star Trek films, 2009 and 2012. I don't get the allure anymore.

The Wolf of Wall Street was my favorite film of 2013. Not sure if Netflix has it on streaming, though.

Caught that one a while back, loved it.

I think my favorite films of 2013 that I've seen so far is The Wolf of Wall Street, after that I really liked Blue Jasmine.

Everything else has been mediocre. Still have 12 years a Slave on my list.

If I lived in Michigan, I would definitely go to the movies more. They are more affordable and the crowds are more considerate in the midwest.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-14, 13:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Captain Philips and Dallas Buyers Club are obvious watches. Do that.

I liked Gravity. 12 years a slave. Zero Dark Thirty. American hustle, blackfish, and Hunger Games?

Thanks, putting a few of those in the queue that I haven't seen or that aren't already there. Black Fish looks great, looking forward to that one.

I've hated every David O. Russel film I've ever seen, how does American Hustle stack up to the other films?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-11-14, 17:24

steveschneider wrote:

how does American Hustle stack up to the other films?

It's very forgettable.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-11-14, 18:09

xsanguine wrote:

It's very forgettable.

Agreed. Didn't live up to the hype.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-14, 18:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Agreed. Didn't live up to the hype.

Going to pass on that film. I've seen just about everyone of that guys films and they are all zzz. The critics love him, And in the past i fell for the hype. Won't get fooled again.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-11-14, 19:19

steveschneider wrote:

Going to pass on that film. I've seen just about everyone of that guys films and they are all zzz. The critics love him, And in the past i fell for the hype. Won't get fooled again.

I could see why he's revered from an artistic or technical point of view... but American Hustle is just not entertaining.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-11-15, 06:48

xsanguine wrote:

I could see why he's revered from an artistic or technical point of view... but American Hustle is just not entertaining.

I might be the only one who actually liked the movie. Won't bother to see it again, but that's true with most movies I watch.

Late last nite I was up and just turned to some random channel to pass time and I got caught up watching "Serial Mom". It's probably over 20 years old, but it was so bad I couldn't stop watching it.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-11-17, 06:18

Nommad2 wrote:Godzilla - best character, Walter White, offed midway through film. Other characters bland and stupid. Not enough monster time. 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Watched it last night and didn't like it. As you said, not enough monster time, plus the MUTO looked like mechanized beasts instead of living things. Interesting how the script was basically flipped from Godzilla vs. Mothra, where the latter sends Godzilla packing, to Godzilla saving San Francisco in this adaptation.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-11-17, 08:29

Updating this to The Lego Movie. Would never have even thought about watching this but I caught some of it by just flipping through channels last night. It was pretty funny so I downloaded it from On Demand.

It was really well done and pretty funny throughout. Brought back a lot of nostalgia too. Could have done without the Will Ferrell cameo at the end though. Seemed forced.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-11-17, 08:38

The last I saw in the theater was Maleficient (loved it), and I think the last I saw on DVD was either The Lego Movie or Wreck-It Ralph (both very good).
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next