Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it?

+16
steveschneider
The Pantry
Cool Runnings
Brock Middlebrook
y2kMgrad
Watch Out Pylon!
Nommad2
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
HT
75alum
Floyd Robertson
Ass Dan
DWags
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it?

Post by Cool Runnings 2014-11-17, 08:49

steveschneider wrote:

Thanks, putting a few of those in the queue that I haven't seen or that aren't already there. Black Fish looks great, looking forward to that one.

I've hated every David O. Russel film I've ever seen, how does American Hustle stack up to the other films?

I liked Silver Linings Playbook but I thought American Hustle was awful. Christian Bale just looked stupid. If you want an unattractive guy in a movie, hire an unattractive guy. Don't put a handsome guy in a weird slimy fat suit. He just looked completely fake and it took away from what was already a boring script. Honestly my favorite David O. Russel film is I Heart Huckabees. I know most people hate that film but I'm a big fan. Awesome cast and very funny.

Another good 2013 movie to check out is Out of the Furnace. Bale and Harrelson are both really good in that one.
Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last movie you watched..and what did you think about it?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-17, 08:57

watched Road House after my bike ride yesterday.. there is nothing wrong with that movie.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-17, 09:46

Cool Runnings wrote:

I liked Silver Linings Playbook but I thought American Hustle was awful. Christian Bale just looked stupid. If you want an unattractive guy in a movie, hire an unattractive guy. Don't put a handsome guy in a weird slimy fat suit. He just looked completely fake and it took away from what was already a boring script. Honestly my favorite David O. Russel film is I Heart Huckabees. I know most people hate that film but I'm a big fan. Awesome cast and very funny.

Another good 2013 movie to check out is Out of the Furnace. Bale and Harrelson are both really good in that one.

Thanks, I just added that one to the queue.

I just went to David O. Ruessell's IMDB page and see he's made a lot more films than I was aware of.

The ones I saw Spanking The Monkey, Three Kings and I Heart The Huckabees. All three I remember the critics raving about them, and all three of them I remember very little about them other than not enjoying them.

I think the thing I remember the most about his career is the argument he had with Lily Tomlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SG43wa7Alo
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-11-17, 10:25

Watched "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" over the weekend. I didn't know anything about it going in and was pleasantly surprised...would recommend.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-17, 10:32

Saw 12 Years a Slave on Friday. It was better than I thought it was going to be. Pretty damn brutal.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-17, 10:44

CheesySpartan wrote:Watched "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" over the weekend. I didn't know anything about it going in and was pleasantly surprised...would recommend.

Saw that getting filmed one day in midtown, saw the crew and Ben Stiller and tourists flocking around the set. Added it to the queue.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2