Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax

+3
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
7 posters

Go down

Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax Empty Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:41

Tax And Spend Republicans Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax Empty Re: Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:53

Eh. You're either going to pay for it this way or you're going to buy new tires and pay for other car damages when you hit a pot hole. I'm good with it.

I know you're focusing on the R and D thing more than the issue itself, but I'm just sort of ignoring that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax Empty Re: Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 12:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Eh. You're either going to pay for it this way or you're going to buy new tires and pay for other car damages when you hit a pot hole. I'm good with it.

I know you're focusing on the R and D thing more than the issue itself, but I'm just sort of ignoring that.
I've never had a problem with taxes..

it's just fun watch anti-government, anti-tax republicans vote for republicans who double their taxes.. Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 12:11

The same party that renounced market competition and punished consumers with anti-direct vehicle sales legislation aimed at Tesla. Good times in Michigan.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 12:17

Turtleneck wrote:The same party that renounced market competition and punished consumers with anti-direct vehicle sales legislation aimed at Tesla. Good times in Michigan.
and it's really odd that they waited until after the election to double the gas tax..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 12:51

Fuckin' Detroit News. IT'S MICHIGANDERS not MICHIGANIANS.

Fuckers.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 12:52

Rocinante wrote:Fuckin' Detroit News. IT'S MICHIGANDERS not MICHIGANIANS.

Fuckers.
Michiganites?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 13:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax

Tax And Spend Republicans Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax 502811600
What is equally ironic is that the big government, big taxing Dems in the house decided to go home for 2 weeks rather than take up this tax & spend bill.

human sacrifice
Cats and dogs, living together
dead rising from the graves
forty years of darkness
Fire & brimstone coming from the skies
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 13:59

Wally Fairway wrote:
What is equally ironic is that the big government, big taxing Dems in the house decided to go home for 2 weeks rather than take up this tax & spend bill.

human sacrifice
Cats and dogs, living together
dead rising from the graves
forty years of darkness
Fire & brimstone coming from the skies
yeah..

I'm looking forward to Republicans berating "tax and spend" Democrats in the next election.. and voting these Republicans right back into office..

Republicans are funny in that they believe whatever the media tells them to believe.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 10:36

strange that no republicans are coming here to denounce republicans for their tax and spend habits..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 14:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:strange that no republicans are coming here to denounce republicans for their tax and spend habits..

Dude.... They are busy sitting in the woods with guns in their laps talking about how sweet guns are while drinking Busch Heavy.

You have free reign for at least a few more days.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 19 Nov 2014 - 15:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Dude.... They are busy sitting in the woods with guns in their laps talking about how sweet guns are while drinking Busch Heavy.

You have free reign for at least a few more days.
good point..

I expect the Republicans to come back anytime.. see this thread.. see that Republicans voted to double the gas tax in Michigan.. and be outraged at the party they support.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 20 Nov 2014 - 12:46

Bob isn't this technically a use tax which doesn't affect everyone the same as a property tax increase?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 20 Nov 2014 - 13:58

CheesySpartan wrote:Bob isn't this technically a use tax which doesn't affect everyone the same as a property tax increase?
pretty predictable response from a republican.. Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax 502811600 - in all seriousness, though, thanks for at least chiming in..

the doubling of the gas tax by the Republicans will effect everyone. Yes, rednecks who drive big trucks, SUVs, etc will feel it - but folks (like me) who don't have a car will absorb it in different ways. You don't think that the corporate office at Meijer is going to allow it to cut into their profit margin, do you?

again, I don't mind paying taxes - never have. In fact, I'm an advocate for more/higher taxes. It's just fun listening to the collective {crickets} from Republicans as their anti-government, anti-tax candidates are now part of the {gasp} government that they hate so much.. and they're raising your taxes..

Republican Led Michigan Senate Votes to Double Gas Tax 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 20 Nov 2014 - 14:48

Rocinante wrote:Fuckin' Detroit News. IT'S MICHIGANDERS not MICHIGANIANS.

Fuckers.

I believe the preferred term is Eskimos
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down