Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious Article about a woman who was raped in '98 by Oregon State football players

2 posters

Go down

Serious Article about a woman who was raped in '98 by Oregon State football players Empty Serious Article about a woman who was raped in '98 by Oregon State football players

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-11-17, 10:25

Read it. Quite a moving story. Felt that it was worth sharing. I'm also impressed by Mike Riley's openness in discussing the issue. He should have done more at the time, but I have to imagine it's tough on a coach to get the facts straight when the legal system fails due to the reluctance of the victim to pursue charges. I think it's admirable that he wants to have her speak to his team. I hope he follows through and she takes him up on it. It takes a very strong person to come back from where this woman was to where she is today, and to do what she is doing.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2014/11/canzano_her_name_is_brenda_tra.html#incart_river
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Serious Article about a woman who was raped in '98 by Oregon State football players Empty Re: Serious Article about a woman who was raped in '98 by Oregon State football players

Post by Herbie Green 2014-11-17, 12:26

Sadly her fears seem to be confirmed that these guys went on living their lives as if nothing happened. While some good could come from talking to the team they never really did face much consequences for their actions because she chose not to press charges.

Good quotes by Riley though

"It's a hard world to be in. You're judge and jury. But if there were a baby sitter that was accused of molesting kids, would you continue to let them babysit your kids and wait for a jury to decide?"

"Very rarely have I been told in a case, 'I was wrong, I did it.' "
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down