Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags)

+10
LoneWolfSparty
goodbar
I.B. Fine
HT
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
tTy
14 posters

Go down

Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) Empty Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags)

Post by tTy Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 14:25

I usually wear a goatee..... Have for about the past 15 years.  I look like I'm 9 years old if I shave it off...

Anyways, I have been growing a super shitty "beard" for 4 days now and I'm wondering if I should say fuck it and keep it when I return to work on Thursday.  I have a couple more days to work on it, but man is it scraggly as hell.  It is not thick enough to be respeckable, IMO, but what do I know?  I've never really grown a full beard.

Thoughts?  Advice?  Personal anecdotes?

OP's note: originally, this thread was to be entitled only "Beards", but the dumbass rule that you need to use 7583 characters in order to post a legit thread title precipitated the current thread title.  So, please, fags, don't be offended.  Blame the board rulez.  TIA
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) Empty Re: Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags)

Post by Rocinante Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 14:41

What are the ones for fags?

I have had a beard for about 3 years now. I keep it trimmed short. I have noted that 1). women think I look better (not sure if this is important to you). 2). People are nicer to me (I have no idea why). and 3). shaving sucks and it's awesome not to have to.

So I say go for it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) Empty Re: Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags)

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 14:53

I've worn a beard year round for nearly 10 years now after decades of only a winter beard. In August I decided I'd had enough of the near ZZTop length and shaved it. Only took me about a week of shaving to decide to grow it back, this time though I think I'm going to trim it a bit more though. Long beards are a pain the ass, especially when you're sleeping and inadvertently pull the bastard when rolling over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 14:55

Rocinante wrote:What are the ones for fags?

I have had a beard for about 3 years now. I keep it trimmed short. I have noted that 1). women think I look better (not sure if this is important to you). 2). People are nicer to me (I have no idea why). and 3). shaving sucks and it's awesome not to have to.

So I say go for it.

Beard is like a fake girlfriend for a gay dude so they look straight at a party/family event/etc
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 15:05

I thought the gays took back goatees.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 15:06

from my experience, goatees seem to be all the rage at tRCMB tailgate parties..

of course, so does shaved heads and expanding waistlines. So take that for what it's worth.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 15:09

that said, I'm currently rockin' sideburns and a sweet mustache.. the configuration of my facial hair changes quite regularly though..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 15:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:that said, I'm currently rockin' sideburns and a sweet mustache.. the configuration of my facial hair changes quite regularly though..

We talking Neil Young-esque sideburns? Or do you keep them properly trimmed?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 15:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

We talking Neil Young-esque sideburns? Or do you keep them properly trimmed?
not quite Neil Young-esque but certainly not closely cropped... closer to shaggy than neatly trimmed.

"closely cropped" sort of conjures up images of a Jersey Shore sideburn configuration and I can't have any of that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 15:31

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Beard is like a fake girlfriend for a gay dude so they look straight at a party/family event/etc

I knew this, but I never could figure out the logic behind the name... cause they look more manly?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 15:32

Oh! I guess I have heard that term before. I don't get it either though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 15:52

tTy wrote:I usually wear a goatee..... Have for about the past 15 years.  I look like I'm 9 years old if I shave it off...

Anyways, I have been growing a super shitty "beard" for 4 days now and I'm wondering if I should say fuck it and keep it when I return to work on Thursday.  I have a couple more days to work on it, but man is it scraggly as hell.  It is not thick enough to be respeckable, IMO, but what do I know?  I've never really grown a full beard.

OP's note: originally, this thread was to be entitled only "Beards", but the dumbass rule that you need to use 7583 characters in order to post a legit thread title precipitated the current thread title.  So, please, fags, don't be offended.  Blame the board rulez.  TIA

I have the same problem...look too young without facial hair. Go with the goatee again, it gives you the more mature look that facial hair grants, while simultaneously requiring enough grooming effort to make you not look like a slob.

If you decide to go full-beard, just trim it before going back to work, that way you look cleaner. From there, just let it grow out and trim it less frequently.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 15:58

Just grow it long enough and you can do a face comb-over
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 16:01

go with the pencil thin "life support" facial hair.  straight from the sideburns to under the nose.

Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) Man_wearing_nasal_cannula_for_supplemental_oxygen_42-17590091
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 16:08

goodbar wrote:go with the pencil thin "life support" facial hair.  straight from the sideburns to under the nose.

Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) Man_wearing_nasal_cannula_for_supplemental_oxygen_42-17590091
that's a good look..

not only does it give you a certain transparent quality but it's also makes certain that your oxygen saturation point remains at optimal levels.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 18:57

I haven't shaved since august 30th. Work can get over it.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 19:02

tTy wrote:I usually wear a goatee..... Have for about the past 15 years.  I look like I'm 9 years old if I shave it off...

OTPT was hurt by your addition. But little girls always get hurt.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 19:56

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I knew this, but I never could figure out the logic behind the name... cause they look more manly?
Like how a beard can be a disguise, covers up something, etc.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 20:51

Grew a mustache when I was younger...didn't care for it. Never grew a beard or goatee. Now rarely shave on weekends and sometimes go 4-5 days over long weekends without shaving for the convenience. My hair is dark blond (55...no balding and no gray...women that cut my hair regularly have commented they have never seen hair my color before) but my beard grows out multi-colored. It never looks good so I always shave before going somewhere or back to work.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 21:09

gHost Spartan wrote:Here's your answer:

Are you really good at your job?
Are you well-respected by your professional peers?
Are you looked up to by younger persons in your profession?

IF you answered yes to these questions then grow the fuck out of your beard. I've seen a lot of guys recently, well-respected guys, heading toward middle age, successful types, who just say fuck it and these guys are all growing beards and their hair long. When you are respected, it's perfectly acceptable. And it's also a way to convey that message to your peers: Hey guys, yeah, have you noticed my scraggily beard? You know what that means? That means I don't give a fuck anymore. Got it? I can do whatever the fuck I want, and I've gotten to the point in my career that no one can tell me what to do anymore. So go fuck yourself. By the way, where are we going for lunch? I'll let one of you fags pay for me because I'm cooler than you.

Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 23:00

IF you answered yes to these questions then grow the fuck out of your beard. I've seen a lot of guys recently, well-respected guys, heading toward middle age, successful types, who just say fuck it and these guys are all growing beards and their hair long. When you are respected, it's perfectly acceptable. And it's also a way to convey that message to your peers: Hey guys, yeah, have you noticed my scraggily beard? You know what that means? That means I don't give a fuck anymore. Got it? I can do whatever the fuck I want, and I've gotten to the point in my career that no one can tell me what to do anymore. So go fuck yourself. By the way, where are we going for lunch? I'll let one of you fags pay for me because I'm cooler than you.

Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946 Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1966794946
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 23:02

Yep. That's a solid post right there.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 2:04

I too enjoyed it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 2:10

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

OTPT was hurt by your addition. But little girls always get hurt.

Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 1002M
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Nov 2014 - 8:18

Beards (facial hair.... not the ones for fags) 502811600

depends on your line of work to an extent, but I tend to agree with gHost's over-arching theme here. Sometimes I wear jeans and a tshirt to work... if I know I have something going on like meetings, etc - with people I don't normally come in contact with or if I'm representing work in some fashion, I dress accordingly - which is still probably much more casual than it should be.

I think it comes down to being a professional and using professional discretion.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down