Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMU excited to go to Bahamas over Detroit for bowl

+7
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
SpartanGuard
Turtleneck
LoneWolfSparty
Floyd Robertson
CORNER BLITZ
11 posters

Go down

CMU excited to go to Bahamas over Detroit for bowl Empty CMU excited to go to Bahamas over Detroit for bowl

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-08, 19:15

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

CMU excited to go to Bahamas over Detroit for bowl Empty Re: CMU excited to go to Bahamas over Detroit for bowl

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-12-08, 19:22

DAMN right they should be excited. The Bahamas in December with all the Popeyes chicken you can eat. With a bigger stadium that would be great place for a CFP bowl.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

CMU excited to go to Bahamas over Detroit for bowl Empty Re: CMU excited to go to Bahamas over Detroit for bowl

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-08, 19:38

They are going to come back with syphillus and bed bugs.

Just saying.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-08, 20:14

Is this better or worse than the Potato Bowl?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-12-09, 07:46

Turtleneck wrote:Is this better or worse than the Potato Bowl?

The Potato Bowl might have a higher payout, but where would you rather be in late December--Idaho or the Bahamas?
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-09, 08:39

If you told me in the 80's that there would be a time in my life where MSU and CMU would go to a bowl and UofM wouldn't I would have thought you were completely insane.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-09, 08:45

steveschneider wrote:If you told me in the 80's that there would be a time in my life where MSU and CMU would go to a bowl and UofM wouldn't I would have thought you were completely insane.
+1 for the SCum reference.. you're a great American and damn fine Spartan.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-09, 09:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:+1 for the SCum reference.. you're a great American and damn fine Spartan.

Hey Bob, did you see that Hoke attended the players banquet? He's a classy guy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-12-09, 10:01

steveschneider wrote:

Of course Bob knew that since he attended it as well tongue
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-09, 10:25

steveschneider wrote:

I didn't.. I don't pay as much attention to SCum as most MSU fans do.. thanks for the info, though. You're a great Spartan.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-09, 11:34

steveschneider wrote:If you told me in the 80's that there would be a time in my life where MSU and CMU would go to a bowl and UofM wouldn't I would have thought you were completely insane.

...and WMU
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-09, 13:07

LoneWolfSparty wrote:They are going to come back with syphillus and bed bugs.

Just saying.

It ain't Haiti or Ann arbor
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-09, 16:30

As great as this video is, it would have been hilarious had it gone the other way
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-09, 16:47

Good for them CMU excited to go to Bahamas over Detroit for bowl 502811600 Fire up Chips
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-12-09, 17:37

What does this do for Enos' stability?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-12-30, 11:53

Interesting stuff about the Bahamas Bowl.

Imported football, imported chicken: The story of the inaugural Popeyes Bahamas Bowl

Imagine the logistical nightmare of getting passports for 100 WKU football players.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-30, 12:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:What does this do for Enos' stability?

He keeps his job. I think he would have kept it either way, but if the game had remained an absolute blowout it might have been in jeopardy. The comeback and what is so far the play of the year means be probably stays.

Maybe CMU is making the fiscally responsible decision. Enos has been underwhelming, but he has been to two bowl games. If you fire him, you have to pay the next guy even more. The purpose of firing him would be to advance the program, and that means you hire a guy that is bound to leave if he wins a lot of games. Then you start all over and end up paying the next guy even more. Maybe being mediocre is cheap for CMU, and since they do not have a football program or athletic department that makes money, it is the most responsible decision. Something has to explain why he is there even though the results have not been all that impressive.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-30, 12:19

I liked the decision to go for two. The play was shit, but I liked the call. That's Dantonio-esque ballsiness.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-30, 12:28

Rocinante wrote:I liked the decision to go for two. The play was shit, but I liked the call. That's Dantonio-esque ballsiness.

Agreed. WKU D was on its heels. Had to do it. But like you said, bad play call.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-30, 12:33

Turtleneck wrote:

Agreed. WKU D was on its heels. Had to do it. But like you said, bad play call.

When does the fade in the endzone ever work? I mean, Peyton manning can do it once in a while, but who else. Everything about that play sucked. The QB didn't even get it to the corner. it was still like 5 yards from the edge. It was a sad trombone moment for sure. I hate fade passes in the end zone. worst fucking play in football. They should have faked like they were going to try to pound it in and run a toss sweep instead.

=win.

At least that's my go to in NCAA 14.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-30, 12:48

Rocinante wrote:

When does the fade in the endzone ever work? I mean, Peyton manning can do it once in a while, but who else. Everything about that play sucked. The QB didn't even get it to the corner. it was still like 5 yards from the edge. It was a sad trombone moment for sure. I hate fade passes in the end zone. worst fucking play in football. They should have faked like they were going to try to pound it in and run a toss sweep instead.

=win.

At least that's my go to in NCAA 14.

fade works in tNFL or in college with an elite WR like Rogers/Fitzgerald...other than that, the QB just can't throw it well enough in college
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down