Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Columbia law let's students postpone finals...

+4
Brock Middlebrook
Rocinante
The_Dude
CORNER BLITZ
8 posters

Go down

Columbia law let's students postpone finals... Empty Columbia law let's students postpone finals...

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-09, 11:47

because of their “trauma” over the Eric Garner and Michael Brown grand jury decisions.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/08/columbia-law-postpones-finals-over-grand-jury-trauma/

What??? If you're going to Columbia and so distraught over this, I feel like you probably aren't cut out to be a lawyer.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Columbia law let's students postpone finals... Empty Re: Columbia law let's students postpone finals...

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-09, 12:03

Just point and laugh at the hyper pc crowd that lives their life in constant paralysis.

And we wonder why these pussy kids grow up and fail in the real world. No
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Columbia law let's students postpone finals... Empty Re: Columbia law let's students postpone finals...

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-09, 12:10

To look at it another way, if you successfully argue that the death of a man unrelated to you, no matter how disturbing, is enough to cause you undue hardship to the point that you cannot be prepared for your finals...

Well hell, maybe you SHOULD be a lawyer.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-12-09, 12:38

I'm going to use this approach w/my boss
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-12-09, 12:55

MSU students get therapy dogs in library for finals.

That's right. Therapy dogs.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-09, 12:59

Rocinante wrote:To look at it another way, if you successfully argue that the death of a man unrelated to you, no matter how disturbing, is enough to cause you undue hardship to the point that you cannot be prepared for your finals...

Well hell, maybe you SHOULD be a lawyer.

If they got out of finals sure.

But postponing due to mental weakness is pathetic
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Sparty 2014-12-09, 13:24

Illinois Law checking in. We sure as hell aren't getting our finals postponed. Then again everyone knows that Columbia students are sheltered pussies. You would never see this BS at Harvard or UChicago.

Literally unless there is a 9/11 or Pearl Harbor level event, no personally unrelated news event should be able to postpone finals. We study some horrific shit in law school, and it takes a certain amount of mental toughness that these Columbia "scholars" clearly lack.
Chief Sparty
Chief Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-12-09, 13:42

If you were hiring and a Columbia grad was a finalist, and you found out they postponed their test due to this, would that not impact your opinion of them?
Hell, how can it not affect your opinion of Columbia in general?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-12-09, 14:56

Chief Sparty wrote:Illinois Law checking in. We sure as hell aren't getting our finals postponed. Then again everyone knows that Columbia students are sheltered pussies. You would never see this BS at Harvard or UChicago.

Literally unless there is a 9/11 or Pearl Harbor level event, no personally unrelated news event should be able to postpone finals. We study some horrific shit in law school, and it takes a certain amount of mental toughness that these Columbia "scholars" clearly lack.

I was in LS during 9/11, and the school did not slow down at all. I myself did, however, as I was glued to the TV and didn't want to miss a second. Much tougher to miss class in LS than undergrad.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-12-09, 19:01

Heat Miser wrote:MSU students get therapy dogs in library for finals.

That's right. Therapy dogs.

That actually pretty cool...of course, again, MSU does it better.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down