Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote

+29
The Pantry
Dendrobates
The_Dude
Turtleneck
CrazySparty
Rocinante
steveschneider
Gomer
beal99
goodbar
Bizarro Fletch
tGreenWay
xsanguine
Wally Fairway
Snake Plissken
LoneWolfSparty
SpartanInNH
Green Note
Rodeo Burger
pulling69
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
SeeRockCity
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do you feel about tSwill?

Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 23 ]
Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 33 ]
Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 9 ]
Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 73

Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-12, 17:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I will clarify it for you to SRC doesn't have to be a broken record.

Seems like his whole vision for this place was a MB where the inmates could run the asylum. He was not striving for a parental 'dad knows best' approach here where he would make decisions for everyone to their benefit or detriment. The goal was to have the user base make the rules. Vote on mods, vote on bans, vote on rules, etc. The "Geronte" status was some kind of ancient Greek symbol of some sort for their voting council. If he recognized your username from the other board and you proved it was you, you automatically became a voting member of the council.

The "issue" we are having with the current model is that it is was originally set up where some kind of majority of ALL members of the voting council need to vote for something in order for it to pass. There are probably between 15 and 30 members of the group (out of what, 200?) that actively post here still, so no vote could ever pass unless the voting requirement rules were changed or the size of the group changed to reflect only the more active members.

I don't think anyone cares about being part of some elite level 'group' of posters. It's just so we can help shape the rules/run the board in SRC's vision, whether we care to or not.

We are finding that without posting restrictions, there's not a need to vote for a whole lot or moderate a whole lot, which is also nice.
I put that I'm a geronte on my resume.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote

Post by beal99 2014-12-12, 18:40

Wbh, makes total sense, I always try to vote when I see the threads
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-12, 20:37

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

I say we cull this motherfucker right here

Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 1550444538
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-12, 21:34

I voted for #1. Do I get one of those super cool I voted stickers? Also, what tv political channel is covering the election? I need to see who's going to project the winner. My only gripe is that the voting results aren't in the shape of the USA with an overlay of red and blue districts that show how different parts of the country are voting in tSwill election. Lastly, I would like it if opening this thread created a breaking news noise with a story that doesn't really say anything new. I want the whole election night experience damnit!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-13, 01:31

Again, demote anyone that hasn't been here since the beginning of football season.

Saw Fletch got on here yesterday. Nigel may have given him a heads-up warning
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-13, 02:26

SpartanInNH wrote:

Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 1550444538

CULL CULL CULL Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 3669899363 Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 1987505431
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-12-13, 07:58

The Pantry wrote:Again, demote anyone that hasn't been here since the beginning of football season.

Saw Fletch got on here yesterday. Nigel may have given him a heads-up warning

Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 502811600 Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 328670334

I have no clue what there is to be "demoted" from, but I get a chuckle out of the board created because tRCMB had too many mods and rules making a bunch of rules and creating a hierarchy. Just sayin...
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-13, 13:32

I rarely go to tRCMB anymore the damned thing loads so slow.

I like this place as it but don't like the fact we have no way to remedy the two tiered system for new people.  So I support WBH's majority rules initiative.

And booting a few traitors out wouldn't hurt, a little controversy can be productive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-13, 14:22

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 502811600 Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 328670334

I have no clue what there is to be "demoted" from, but I get a chuckle out of the board created because tRCMB had too many mods and rules making a bunch of rules and creating a hierarchy. Just sayin...
There is no irony to be had since the board's charter created that hierarchy from the start in order for board issues and rules to be decided democratically by a relatively large set of posters with voting privileges as opposed to tRCMB where things are decided by 24/7 and the mods.  The voting rules in the charter implicitly assumed there would be enough active voting posters to meet the required voting thresholds and that assumption turned out to be bad, so we're discussing what needs to be done to rectify that.

You think you're being clever by pointing out that we are having a discussion about rules and structure after the board was created to avoid having to live by tRCMBs rules and structure, as if somehow the very existence of rules and structure represent some form of hypocrisy on our part.  So, in your mind, in order for us to avoid your imagined hypocrisy, we would need to have no rules and no structure at all and allow anarchy rather than just have a set of rules that are different from those at tRCMB that address the grievances against their rules. If you were trying to be clever, you failed miserably.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-13, 14:56

Code_Warrior wrote: If you were trying to be clever, you failed miserably.

And that's news?

Fletch prefers the hob nailed boot of oppression method of ruling because he knows he'll always be a leading bootlicker.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-12-13, 17:45

Code_Warrior wrote:
Bizarro Fletch wrote:

There is no irony to be had since the board's charter created that hierarchy from the start in order for board issues and rules to be decided democratically by a relatively large set of posters with voting privileges as opposed to tRCMB where things are decided by 24/7 and the mods.  The voting rules in the charter implicitly assumed there would be enough active voting posters to meet the required voting thresholds and that assumption turned out to be bad, so we're discussing what needs to be done to rectify that.

You think you're being clever by pointing out that we are having a discussion about rules and structure after the board was created to avoid having to live by tRCMBs rules and structure, as if somehow the very existence of rules and structure represent some form of hypocrisy on our part.  So, in your mind, in order for us to avoid your imagined hypocrisy, we would need to have no rules and no structure at all and allow anarchy rather than just have a set of rules that are different from those at tRCMB that address the grievances against their rules. If you were trying to be clever, you failed miserably.

I'll admit, this post gave me minor wood.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-12-13, 21:58

Heat Miser wrote:

The issue that arises is the mod elections. We can't get anyone elected under the current rules & I think OTPT is the only one I still see around regularly. We probably need to reassign to some people who are actually here.
I'm here. Moderation? Ain't like there's anything to do anyway. We solved the one problem.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-13, 22:21

"I will not stand for anything that's crooked or unfair
I'm strictly on the up and up
So everyone beware
If anyone's caught taking graft
And I don't get my share
We stand 'em up against the wall
And pop goes the weasel.
"
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-14, 10:59

I think bee should be moderator of swill bin.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-12-14, 15:50

Voted for the 4th option. Still like the intent/concept of this place, but it got pretty old pretty quickly when a select few posters kept ruining it for everyone else, especially in threads that had nothing to do with them.

The obvious drop-off in activity backs me up on that.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-14, 16:21

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Well you can always go back to 247 and have conversations with all the Nucky schticks and pay for analysis from guys that cannot even spell Dantonio's name correctly.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-14, 16:40

NigelUno wrote:

Damn liberals.

Always fuckin things up Wink
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-14, 17:34

CrazySparty wrote:The obvious drop-off in activity backs me up on that.

I think the drop off in activity is due to not having enough discussion of 16 & 17 year old boys.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-14, 17:39

LooseGoose wrote:

I think the drop off in activity is due to not having enough discussion of 16 & 17 year old boys.

This. We also do not have experts that offer in-depth analysis of those boys for a monthly fee.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-12-14, 18:48

If I could vote on mobile it would be A. I like this place, but I come in clusters. Seems like shit happens all at once so I get small Windows to really read and post. Mobile on here is 10 times better than 247 and that drives me fucking nuts dealing with that slow shit.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-12-14, 19:52

Dendrobates wrote:If I could vote on mobile it would be A. I like this place, but I come in clusters. Seems like shit happens all at once so I get small Windows to really read and post. Mobile on here is 10 times better than 247 and that drives me fucking nuts dealing with that slow shit.

I voted on mobile Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 2599972566
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-12-14, 20:38

CrazySparty wrote:

I voted on mobile Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 2599972566

How? I've never been able to
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-14, 21:05

Dendrobates wrote:

You have to go to full site mode. Always have my phone set for that so I forget how to switch.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-14, 21:19

Dendrobates wrote:

Go to Beaumont Tower, there is a black down arrow on the header bar in the mobile version of the site. Click on the down arrow, and select "classic version", that will put you in desktop mode. If you want to switch back to mobile, look at menu at the bottom of the Beaumont Tower page and you will see "mobile version". Click on that and it will switch you back to mobile mode.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-14, 21:23

That's not really voting "on mobile"
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-14, 21:41

Code_Warrior wrote:
Go to Beaumont Tower, there is a black down arrow on the header bar in the mobile version of the site. Click on the down arrow, and select "classic version", that will put you in desktop mode. If you want to switch back to mobile, look at menu at the bottom of the Beaumont Tower page and you will see "mobile version". Click on that and it will switch you back to mobile mode.
Correct. To go back to mobile, scroll to the very bottom of the page on the far right
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-14, 22:14

CORNER BLITZ wrote:That's not really voting "on mobile"
No, but it's a work around.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-14, 22:22

Code_Warrior wrote:
No, but it's a work around.

She should do what i do instead

Root your phone with towelroot
download xposed framework
download chromepie
set one of the pies to change to a desktop view
win everything
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-15, 07:55

I voted..

this place is awesome and I wouldn't change a thing.. SRC and Miser (though a bit testy from time to time) do a great job and I appreciate all of your work and efforts.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-15, 10:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I voted..

this place is awesome and I wouldn't change a thing.. SRC and Miser (though a bit testy from time to time) do a great job and I appreciate all of your work and efforts.

Ass Kisser.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-15, 10:31

LooseGoose wrote:

Ass Kisser.
no, dude - I've always said that this is the place to be.... Pulse Check - Everyone Please Vote - Page 2 3493939353

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-12-15, 14:50

Me likey
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2