Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Dantonio: Cotton Bowl matchup puts Michigan State in national conversation, spotlight

+4
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
8 posters

Go down

Bolt Mark Dantonio: Cotton Bowl matchup puts Michigan State in national conversation, spotlight

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-11, 10:40

Dantonio likes the opportunity it presents for his football program to continue to gain stature under his direction, as this will be MSU's eighth-straight bowl appearance since he took over.

"You look at this football game, it's a New Year's Day bowl game, it's right before the playoff games, so there will be a lot of national attention on the game,'' Dantonio said. "We want to be in the national conversation, and I think this game will have that conversation of, 'should Baylor be in that game, where's Baylor at, they were in the conversation the last week.'

"So there will be a lot of media attention on this, and that's what our guys enjoy. We want to be a player in that conversation as time goes on."

link

Odd.. he sounds just like me re: the Cotton Bowl vs Orange Bowl.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bolt Re: Mark Dantonio: Cotton Bowl matchup puts Michigan State in national conversation, spotlight

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-11, 10:58

I suspect the same would be said if we were going to the Orange Bowl and playing Georgia Tech.. "it's a tradtiional New Years Day game in the spotlight.. playing the team that lost in the conference championship game to the undefeated and defending National Champion.. who had last year's Heisman Trophy winner".. blah blah blah.

it's spin, promotion, etc - for alumni, fans, recruits. I can't imagine any coach saying "we suck, the team we're playing sucks, the bowl game sucks and I hate that we even have to go".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bolt Re: Mark Dantonio: Cotton Bowl matchup puts Michigan State in national conversation, spotlight

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-11, 11:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I suspect the same would be said if we were going to the Orange Bowl and playing Georgia Tech.. "it's a tradtiional New Years Day game in the spotlight.. playing the team that lost in the conference championship game to the undefeated and defending National Champion.. who had last year's Heisman Trophy winner".. blah blah blah.

it's spin, promotion, etc - for alumni, fans, recruits. I can't imagine any coach saying "we suck, the team we're playing sucks, the bowl game sucks and I hate that we even have to go".
That would be hilarious if they did though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-11, 11:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
That would be hilarious if they did though.
Mark Dantonio: Cotton Bowl matchup puts Michigan State in national conversation, spotlight 502811600

even as I was typing that out, I thought "dude, it would be awesome if a coach said that"...

kinda like the old John McKay coach when he was with Tampa Bay and they just sucked.. back in the early 80's: "Coach, what do you think about your team's execution".. he replied "I'm all for it"... Mark Dantonio: Cotton Bowl matchup puts Michigan State in national conversation, spotlight 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-11, 11:07

We're gonna go out there, try a few new things, if they work, they work, if not, well, whatever. Probably going with the backup QB and a few new RB's because the seniors are leaving and our QB has had some issues during the year, we probably won't use him next year. We're just kinda meh, on this matchup, if we win, cool, if not, who cares.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-11, 11:12

InTenSity wrote:

We're gonna go out there, try a few new things, if they work, they work, if not, well, whatever. Probably going with the backup QB and a few new RB's because the seniors are leaving and our QB has had some issues during the year, we probably won't use him next year. We're just kinda meh, on this matchup, if we win, cool, if not, who cares.
"We gotta play 'em one day at a time.... I'm just happy to be here. Hope I can help the ballclub..I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out"..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-11, 11:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:"We gotta play 'em one day at a time.... I'm just happy to be here. Hope I can help the ballclub..I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out"..

If we get knocked down, we just need to get back up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-11, 11:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:"We gotta play 'em one day at a time.... I'm just happy to be here. Hope I can help the ballclub..I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out"..

Mark Dantonio: Cotton Bowl matchup puts Michigan State in national conversation, spotlight Bull3

One of the greats
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-11, 11:31

DWags wrote:

MSU is climbing that ladder one rung at a time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-11, 11:33

DWags wrote:

ya know, statistics can be misleading.. we don't play these games on paper.. we match up well against them. We're just gonna have to go out there and play our game.. we'll just have to dig deep... we may bend, but we can't break. I like our chances"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-11, 12:44

Whats going on lately with Bob and his sports chatter? scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down