Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Students Protest Commencement Speaker

+11
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
75alum
steveschneider
The_Dude
Heat Miser
Cym Jim
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some Students Protest Commencement Speaker - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Students Protest Commencement Speaker

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-15, 12:30

Oh noes!!! I guy I disagree with is giving a commencement speech! Some Students Protest Commencement Speaker - Page 2 502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Some Students Protest Commencement Speaker - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Students Protest Commencement Speaker

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-15, 12:38

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Oh noes!!! I guy I disagree with is giving a commencement speech! Some Students Protest Commencement Speaker - Page 2 502811600

Now if it was Al Sharpton, I am sure your reaction to protest would be the same...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-15, 12:55

I.B. Fine wrote:

This is the essence of what I took away from Will's column, but perhaps I'm not 'open minded' enough

...except his column tells the story of an alleged sexual assault, and he appears to try to define the incident as something other than assault because the alleged victim had been "hooking up" with her alleged attacker for "three months," and that it was not assault because she did not fight back (to his standards). Also, sexual assault has not been made into something that "confers privileges" as Will claims. That is, at the very least, a poorly written statement. I have not known anyone to gain social privilege from being assaulted.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-15, 12:58

fun watching republicans defend a misogynist....
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-15, 13:15

It's scary to see thought and critical thinking being frowned upon.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-15, 13:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It's scary to see thought and critical thinking being frowned upon.
republicans only agree with freedom when it pertains directly to their agenda. Otherwise, it's something that needs to be eliminated.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-15, 13:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:republicans only agree with freedom when it pertains directly to their agenda. Otherwise, it's something that needs to be eliminated.

That is not unique to republicans. Both parties are willing to sacrifice some freedom in favor of something else.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-15, 13:24

Turtleneck wrote:

No...so I have two options.

1) I can apologize because after looking at a couple of Occupy threads at 247, I realize I had you confused with another poster.
2) I can make a quote up out of thin air.

I will go with option number 1.

Well shite, that's no fun. I actually sympathize with some of Occupy's aims if not their tactics. I appreciate you being gracious though, thanks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-15, 13:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:fun watching republicans defend a misogynist....

You're confused today Bob, Bill Clinton is a Democrat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-15, 13:26

Turtleneck wrote:

That is not unique to republicans. Both parties are willing to sacrifice some freedom in favor of something else.
I know..

but it's fun watching the flag-wavin', freedom-lovin', anti-government republicans be the biggest supporters of limits to freedom and big government.. when it's convenient for them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-15, 13:27

LooseGoose wrote:

You're confused today Bob, Bill Clinton is a Democrat.
Bill Clinton dressed as George Will and spoke at the MSU commencement?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-15, 13:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Bill Clinton dressed as George Will and spoke at the MSU commencement?

Lets be honest, has anyone even heard of George Will until yesterday?

Regardless of politics, seems like an underwhelming speaker.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-15, 13:57

The_Dude wrote:

I, of course, knew who he was... just another misogynistic republican. But, you're right, unless he's a Kardashian or some sort of reality show star, most MSU graduates will be unfamiliar with whoever it is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-15, 14:10

The_Dude wrote:

Uhhh...yes. He is a pretty well known columnist. Pretty hard to pay attention to public affairs and miss his contributions via the op-ed pages.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-12-15, 14:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I, of course, knew who he was... just another misogynistic republican. But, you're right, unless he's a Kardashian or some sort of reality show star, most MSU graduates will be unfamiliar with whoever it is.

you don't sound insecure or emotionally challenged, in the least.

Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-15, 14:26

Toe wrote:

you don't sound insecure or emotionally challenged, in the least.

that's cool - the beauty is that at tSwill, we can say such things to each other without being banned..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-12-15, 15:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
that's cool - the beauty is that at tSwill, we can say such things to each other without being banned..

I love story time.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-15, 16:23

Turtleneck wrote:

Now if it was Al Sharpton, I am sure your reaction to protest would be the same...

Couldn't care less.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2