Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Andersen to Oregon State, didn't even tell his son (a Wisconsin player)

+3
green night
NigelUno
SpartanInNH
7 posters

Go down

Gary Andersen to Oregon State, didn't even tell his son (a Wisconsin player) Empty Gary Andersen to Oregon State, didn't even tell his son (a Wisconsin player)

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-19, 07:13

What a dick.

"It was hard for Chasen. I felt like he needed to be educated in that process," Andersen said on the Jim Rome Show on Tuesday via CoachingSearch.com. "He was on that team and part of that team, and I wanted Chasen to be educated in that process the way the rest of the team was. He is a young man now. He is not a 13 or 14-year-old kid. He is not going to be living with us here, he's out on his own. He was given an opportunity to hear it just like the rest of the team was. I think that took him a little bit by surprise, and I get that, but that is just what I thought was best as a dad and I thought that was best as a coach."

Gary Andersen's son had no inside knowledge of his Oregon State decision

Thanks, Dad -- you're the best. Gary Andersen to Oregon State, didn't even tell his son (a Wisconsin player) 55953254

Believe me, the nursing home you enter, that'll be a business decision, too.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Gary Andersen to Oregon State, didn't even tell his son (a Wisconsin player) Empty Re: Gary Andersen to Oregon State, didn't even tell his son (a Wisconsin player)

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-19, 07:27

SpartanInNH wrote:What a dick.

Gary Andersen's son had no inside knowledge of his Oregon State decision

Thanks, Dad -- you're the best. Gary Andersen to Oregon State, didn't even tell his son (a Wisconsin player) 55953254

Believe me, the nursing home you enter, that'll be a business decision, too.

His kid was a freshman walk on, and is transferring to Utah State. He'll be OK.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Gary Andersen to Oregon State, didn't even tell his son (a Wisconsin player) Empty Re: Gary Andersen to Oregon State, didn't even tell his son (a Wisconsin player)

Post by green night 2014-12-19, 10:07

Coach Alvarez said the same thing in the his PC ... i was a little skeptical.

I would have told my kid ... he's part of the family ... the kid followed his dad / family across the country to play for his dad. Now it's a business?

green night
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-19, 10:11

That's good spin to keep everything secret. If he had told his son, the rest of the team would have known within an hour. 

"hey Chase, wanna party on NYE with the rest of the team?"
"Nah, I think I'm gonna transfer somewhere near Oregon"
"That's crazy man, your dad is the HC"
"Uh, ya, sure, nice knowin ya, Peace"
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by green night 2014-12-19, 11:18

InTenSity wrote:That's good spin to keep everything secret. If he had told his son, the rest of the team would have known within an hour. 

"hey Chase, wanna party on NYE with the rest of the team?"
"Nah, I think I'm gonna transfer somewhere near Oregon"
"That's crazy man, your dad is the HC"
"Uh, ya, sure, nice knowin ya, Peace"

really? my kid would have kept it quiet ... no question in my mind. You tell the kid don't say anything to anyone.
green night
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-19, 11:41

I can see both sides here.  I probably would tell my kid as soon as the deal was done but would've asked him to keep it to himself until I could announce it.  If he leaked it, I'd be pissed off at him, but I'd get over it.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-19, 11:55

" Royal: [on top of a roof, aiming at Chas] Hold it Chassie. Hold it right there.

Young Chas Tenenbaum: What are you doing? You're on my team!

Royal: Ha-ha! There are no teams!

[he shoots at Chas, hitting his hand. Chas screams in pain and shoots back at him. Royal laughs as he ducks out of the way]

Narrator: The BB was still lodged between two knuckles in Chas's left hand. "

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-19, 14:56

Sounds like maybe he was trying to get away from his kid "he is not going to be living with us this time. He is on his own"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down