Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+60
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
Nordic
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rodeo Burger
Stymie2000
MattyFresh
CaptainSlow33
Motown Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
WBill
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
Stoops21
Ass Dan
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
GirbaudJeans
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Free Plax
Brock Middlebrook
Spartan Nachos
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Fallenangle
He Got It!
Cameron
Dendrobates
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Cool Runnings
AMwood
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
Osmo
SeeRockCity
64 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 24 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 21:38

DWags wrote:Netflix

Chefs table BBQ

Amazing stuff.

Just finished the 2nd episode.

That old bird from the 1st episode is awe inspiring. 85 years old (at the time of filming) and she's still working coals like a boss.

Sad to think a bunch of these places featured are in danger. Fuck COVID!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 24 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by DWags Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 22:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:Netflix

Chefs table BBQ

Amazing stuff.

That old bird from the 1st episode is awe inspiring. 85 years old (at the time of filming) and she's still working coals like a boss.

Dude who dry aged beef for 203 days and only cooks o er wood fire. Wow.

Grilling the lettuce over fire. Amazing
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 22:31

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Dude who dry aged beef for 203 days and only cooks o er wood fire.  Wow.

Grilling the lettuce over fire.  Amazing

The Chop House in Ann Arbor offers a grilled hearts of romaine salad and it's amazing. So i was a bit familiar with that.

Smoking caviar through layers of seaweed is some whacked out next level shit though.

Did he seal those cuts of beef in wax? Crazy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 22:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

Dude who dry aged beef for 203 days and only cooks o er wood fire.  Wow.

Grilling the lettuce over fire.  Amazing

The Chop House in Ann Arbor offers a grilled hearts of romaine salad and it's amazing. So i was a bit familiar with that.

Smoking caviar through layers of seaweed is some whacked out next level shit though.

I think. Or some kind of fat based substance. I’m dying to try a 203 day old piece of beef now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 23:56

Yellowstone?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 2:41

Rocinante wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
That scene was brutal. I like the first 2 episodes so far. Looks like they are delaying the whole season and releasing 1 ep a week.

I have been wondering since streaming services took off why they don’t do that with most shows. It keeps the brand in the mind of the viewer longer. You can always binge it at the end of the run.

Just rewatching the first season. When Elizabeth Shue
Spoiler:
would have been so much better.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 8:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yellowstone?

Been discussed a little in both this and the TV/Movies reviews and discussions thread. I really enjoy it. Kind of a mafia/western hybrid.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 8:18

Watched Ep 1 of Away with Hilary Swank last night. I love most space stuff, but this seems like an overwrought space soap opera so far. I hope it gets better.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 9:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:Watched Ep 1 of Away with Hilary Swank last night. I love most space stuff, but this seems like an overwrought space soap opera so far. I hope it gets better.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the trailer. Good to know.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 10:23

InTenSity wrote:
I can't wait for the fight between Komiko and Stormfront.
There's no way that Homelander doesn't destroy Vought and become a Super Villain.
The funniest part so far was the Deep on top of Lucy.
Yeah, the whale thing was pretty great.

BTW, it's one episode released every Friday to ep8....(so 1 for the next 5 weeks.) Kind of wondered why they didn't do this earlier, from a business stand point... creates buzz, anticipation, keeps it in the front of people's minds for longer then the 2-4 days it takes otherwise... and at the same time, it is kind of a bummer.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 10:25

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
I can't wait for the fight between Komiko and Stormfront.
There's no way that Homelander doesn't destroy Vought and become a Super Villain.
The funniest part so far was the Deep on top of Lucy.

BTW, it's one episode released every Friday to ep8....(so 1 for the next 5 weeks.) Kind of wondered why they didn't do this earlier, from a business stand point... creates buzz, anticipation, keeps it in the front of people's minds for longer then the 2-4 days it takes otherwise... and at the same time, it is kind of a bummer.

Hulu did the same thing with Castle Rock. It's the only other series I can think of that released only 1 episode a week.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 10:43

Disney slow drips The Mandalorian as well.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 11:15

Some of the little conversations in the boys are pretty good. Frenchie talking about his dad trying to smother him with a hello kitty duvet made me laugh. I realized last night that Frenchie is Button from Open Range all growns up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 11:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Hulu did the same thing with Castle Rock. It's the only other series I can think of that released only 1 episode a week.

Hulu did it with Handmaid's Tale also, IIRC.

I think it works if it is a really popular show that gets a lot of buzz on social media and water cooler talk. But otherwise, there's not much incentive for people to not just wait until a season has ended and then sign up for a single month to watch it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 13:13

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I think. Or some kind of fat based substance. I’m dying to try a 203 day old piece of beef now.

Just finished the third episode at lunch. Two episodes in a row now where father figures are kind of shitty about their kid/protege branching out. Sad.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 20:28

I don't watch many sitcoms these days, but Schitt's Creek is the shit. Had it in my list for awhile but finally started this week after it won some more Emmy's. Been a Eugene Levy fan since the late 70s when SCTV was on CBS, but his son is great and the Stevie character is the best. If there's a downside, it's Chris Elliot, that guy has always creeped me out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 27 Sep 2020 - 22:01

Just wow. One of the most captivating documentaries I've ever seen. Absolutely nuts and tip of the hat to Julianne Koepcke who is both brilliant and an absolute motherfucking bad ass.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 27 Sep 2020 - 22:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't watch many sitcoms these days, but Schitt's Creek is the shit. Had it in my list for awhile but finally started this week after it won some more Emmy's. Been a Eugene Levy fan since the late 70s when SCTV was on CBS, but his son is great and the Stevie character is the best. If there's a downside, it's Chris Elliot, that guy has always creeped me out.

You know about the moon landing, right? Just wondering where we need to start so we can get you up to speed.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 1 Oct 2020 - 12:03

I got drunk last night and watched Now You See Me 1&2.

My god, they were terrible.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Thu 1 Oct 2020 - 16:56

Rocinante wrote:I got drunk last night and watched Now You See Me 1&2.  

What were you drinking that somehow got you to watch 2 after finishing 1? I need some of that. I haven't been making nearly enough bad decisions the last few weeks.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 1 Oct 2020 - 17:13

A little more than halfway through season 2 of Cobra Kai. Enjoying for the most part. There have been scenes that come across more like an ABC After School Special, but it’s holding my interest. Ralph Macchio is just a terrible, awful actor.

Now starting season 4 of Line of Duty. Season 3 was excellent; by far the best, imo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 1 Oct 2020 - 17:22

The Great American BBQ competition, or something like that. Its an enjoyable show. There are a couple of really good personalities on it.

WBH, I think you would enjoy the show, along with a few others.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 1 Oct 2020 - 17:34

tGreenWay wrote:A little more than halfway through season 2 of Cobra Kai. Enjoying for the most part. There have been scenes that come across more like an ABC After School Special, but it’s holding my interest. Ralph Macchio is just a terrible, awful actor.

Now starting season 4 of Line of Duty. Season 3 was excellent; by far the best, imo.

At some point in season 2, it devolves into teen drama. Based on Bob’s praise, he is clearly a big fan of OC. But don’t worry. By the end of the season it will be back on track.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 1 Oct 2020 - 17:49

tGreenWay wrote:A little more than halfway through season 2 of Cobra Kai. Enjoying for the most part. There have been scenes that come across more like an ABC After School Special, but it’s holding my interest. Ralph Macchio is just a terrible, awful actor.

Yeah but he was a great blues guitarist in one of my all time favorite movies, Crossroads.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 1 Oct 2020 - 19:29

Almost done with Utopia on prime....

Hits a little close to home with the virus thing, but a pretty good watch. That Gillian Flynn is a writer.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 15:18

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Almost done with Utopia on prime....

Hits a little close to home with the virus thing, but a pretty good watch. That Gillian Flynn is a writer.

Got one episode to go. All these virus movies and shows are kinda eerie. Just finished the Rain. Wow. I finish because I was already invested but I can't say I would recommend it unless you want to witness the most annoying characters ever on film.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 16:53

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I got drunk last night and watched Now You See Me 1&2.  

What were you drinking that somehow got you to watch 2 after finishing 1? I need some of that. I haven't been making nearly enough bad decisions the last few weeks.

Um. I think it was tequila. Well the first one was bad but it was cute and it had Isla Fischer in it who is one of my dream women. I was too drunk to realize she wasn’t in number 2. 2 was just... terrible. Like I would put it up there just below The Margot Robbie abortion “Terminal” on the fucking awful film list (FAFL).
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 17:47

StylesGShmooth wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Almost done with Utopia on prime....

Got one episode to go. All these virus movies and shows are kinda eerie. Just finished the Rain. Wow. I finish because I was already invested but I can't say I would recommend it unless you want to witness the most annoying characters ever on film.
Haha. I finished S3 as well. S1 was pretty good, and S2 wasn't quite as good, but still good. S3 just seemed like they wanted to wrap it up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 19:31

So this is pretty fucked up right here. This guy is a dumbfuck but what he does is just heartbreaking. Buckle up for some heavy shit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 4 Oct 2020 - 2:59

Final season of Schitt’s Creek now available on Netflix. It shows up a few days earlier than originally planned.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/schitts-creek-season-6-early-netflix-1234791545/amp/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 4 Oct 2020 - 3:03

Turtleneck wrote:

At some point in season 2, it devolves into teen drama. Based on Bob’s praise, he is clearly a big fan of OC. But don’t worry. By the end of the season it will be back on track.

Now down to the last episode of season 2. So far, it’s not back on track. Still a teen drama.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 4 Oct 2020 - 20:41

Aaaand season two pretty much sucked. They should call it quits soon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 6:39

tGreenWay wrote:Aaaand season two pretty much sucked. They should call it quits soon.

Well, Season 3 is already filmed and will be released early next year.

And Netflix already signed up for a Season 4.

So if by calling it quits "soon" you mean 2 years from now, maybe.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 11:04

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Aaaand season two pretty much sucked. They should call it quits soon.

Well, Season 3 is already filmed and will be released early next year.

And Netflix already signed up for a Season 4.

So if by calling it quits "soon" you mean 2 years from now, maybe.

Time is a social construct.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 11:11

Started watching World On Fire on the PBS Passport thingy. After three episodes I'd say B+. I like the focus so far from the Polish perspective of WWII starting.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 14:09

Started watching this last night. Apparently this is an adaptation from a British show and the fanboys of the original is shitting all over it because the original got cancelled. Ignoring all of that it seems pretty interesting so far. It gets horrifically violent in a few scenes. Like worse than anything Tarantino has ever filmed.

Also, Dwight from the office is in this and he got pudgy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 16:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Started watching this last night. Apparently this is an adaptation from a British show and the fanboys of the original is shitting all over it because the original got cancelled. Ignoring all of that it seems pretty interesting so far. It gets horrifically violent in a few scenes. Like worse than anything Tarantino has ever filmed.

Also, Dwight from the office is in this and he got pudgy.

I watched it. The first couple episodes really grab you, but it kind of rehashes some themes we’ve all seen before after that. I thought the season ended pretty ok though, so I’ll watch a second one.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 6 Oct 2020 - 0:15

Dark Skies from 2013

Anyone seen it? Pretty straightforward alien visitation movie but good! Keri Russell is in it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 6 Oct 2020 - 8:38

Tehran in Apple TV+ is pretty good so far.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 6 Oct 2020 - 10:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:Started watching World On Fire on the PBS Passport thingy. After three episodes I'd say B+. I like the focus so far from the Polish perspective of WWII starting.

Solid show. I know that it got a second season on the BBC (or whatever is producing it in the UK), but I'm guessing that the pandemic kept them from filming it.

In a somewhat similar vein (WWII TV series produced in other countries), I've been watching X Company on Hulu. It's a Canadian/CBC show about a group of spies trained at Camp X in Ontario, to help the French resistance. It's decent. A little watered down, kind of like something you would expect to see on ABC or CBS, but it has some decent aspects and ticks a couple of boxes of interest for me in being about WWII and about espionage.

Prime has a documentary about Camp X that I'll check out when I'm done with the series. I don't know a ton about Camp X, but it's pretty fascinating as the forerunner of clandestine paramilitary efforts. Among people who spent time at Camp X were Roald Dahl and Ian Flemming. Across the street from the house Flemming stayed at when he was there was a church called St. James Bond United Church.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next