Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nardawg is Pitts top target UPDATE: Done Deal.

+16
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Chitown_Badger
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
Ted Brogan
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Death Roe
SpartanInNH
steveschneider
Code_Warrior
CORNER BLITZ
headeast
HT
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nardawg is Pitts top target UPDATE: Done Deal. Empty Nardawg is Pitts top target UPDATE: Done Deal.

Post by Guest 2014-12-19, 18:32

Looks like it could be....

Rich Walsh KDKA ‏@RichieWalsh 2h2 hours ago Wilkins Township, PA
I was just told Pat Narduzzi Pitt's top target right now.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2014-12-24, 13:02; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nardawg is Pitts top target UPDATE: Done Deal. Empty Re: Nardawg is Pitts top target UPDATE: Done Deal.

Post by HT 2014-12-19, 18:47

And to think, this whole chain of events started because Nebraska wasn't happy with 9 wins under Pelini.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Nardawg is Pitts top target UPDATE: Done Deal. Empty Re: Nardawg is Pitts top target UPDATE: Done Deal.

Post by headeast 2014-12-19, 19:19

Hondo tweeting Vanderbilt looking at Brad Salem as OC...
headeast
headeast
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-19, 19:19

He was also Texas A&Ms top target
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-19, 19:23

If it's a good opportunity then I say good luck, thanks for the memories, and hope to see you back here someday Mr. Narduzzi!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-19, 19:27

Also thread title should be

Pitt interested in Nardawg
or
Nardwag is Pitts top target

Not Duzzi to pitt...
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-19, 19:47

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Also thread title should be

Pitt interested in Nardawg
or
Nardwag is Pitts top target

Not Duzzi to pitt...

As you wish. I did go with "Nardawg" though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-19, 20:45

He deserves it. I have faith we find a good DC and that he ends up back in EL someday.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-19, 20:53

steveschneider wrote:He deserves it. I have faith we find a good DC and that he ends up back in EL someday.

It would almost surely be Tressel or Barnett with the other one accompanying Narduzzi as his DC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-19, 21:57

Rich Walsh KDKA ‏@RichieWalsh 17m17 minutes ago Wilkins Township, PA

Also told today that Pitt players had a meeting with Chancellor and made an "impressive presentation" for Joe Rudolph
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-19, 22:02

LooseGoose wrote:Rich Walsh KDKA ‏@RichieWalsh 17m17 minutes ago Wilkins Township, PA

Also told today that Pitt players had a meeting with Chancellor and made an "impressive presentation" for Joe Rudolph

Nardawg is Pitts top target UPDATE: Done Deal. 55953254
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-19, 22:16

LooseGoose wrote:Rich Walsh KDKA ‏@RichieWalsh 17m17 minutes ago Wilkins Township, PA

Go get em Joe
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-12-19, 22:28

i'm not worried...
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-19, 22:53

We will be fine. This is what happens when you become a toip program--your assitants get poached.

Its ok though. He has more than delivered at MSU. Him and Dantonio led us to a 13-1 (9-0) Rose Bowl championship season. They can leave or retire whenever they want.

Pitt would be a good job for him. Can recruit OH and PA and the ACC is usually the softest league. Then when Coach D leaves in 5 years, he comes here.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-19, 23:05

So this is a Bobby Williams moment?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 2014-12-19, 23:18

Herbie Green wrote:

So this is a Bobby Williams moment?

I don't know...
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-22, 20:58

Sounds like - He Gone.

Pittsburgh is in talks to hire Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi as its next head coach, according to a Yahoo.com report.

MLive.com reported last Friday that the 48-year-old Narduzzi had interviewed with Colorado State and Pitt last week, according to a source in the Michigan State athletic department.

Yahoo cited unidentified sources on Monday as saying that Narduzzi was the leading candidate at Colorado State, as well, but that Narduzzi was more interested in the Pittsburgh job.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/12/report_pittsburgh_in_talks_to.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-22, 21:00

LooseGoose wrote:Sounds like - He Gone.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/12/report_pittsburgh_in_talks_to.html

From the replace Duzzi thread...
LooseGoose wrote:Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde 34m34 minutes ago

Y sources: Mike Bobo to CSU now a done deal, will be introduced at news conference Tuesday. Narduzzi said no thanks to pursue Pittsburgh.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-22, 21:16

UM fans are probably a picture from South Park, where Kyle's dad is at the computer. They get Harbaugh and MSU loses Narduzzi, its a perfect storm for them.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-23, 10:15

Ted Brogan wrote:

I don't know...

Nardawg is Pitts top target UPDATE: Done Deal. 2954287
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-23, 11:09

Pitt Dawg!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-12-23, 12:39

kingstonlake wrote:Pitt Dawg!

Donezo.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/22/pat-narduzzi-pittsburgh-panthers-head-coach-michigan-state
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-23, 12:53

I wonder if he's still going to the bowl game, or moving immediately. Best of luck to him.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-23, 12:55

Best of luck Duzzi!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-23, 12:56

Good for him. Bound to happen.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-12-23, 12:57

Good luck Coach Narduzzi.

Now, use that money from Secchia and make sure the defense doesn't miss a beat with another top DC.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-23, 12:59

Congrats to Coach Narduzzi - it's what happens with successful programs.

I hope he coaches the bowl game, I read somewhere that he was likely to do so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-12-23, 13:05

Congrats to Naduzzi, nice move for him.
The sign of a good program is other schools poaching your assistants.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-12-23, 13:24

Congrats Pat. He probably saw Harbaugh being hired by Michigan as an ideal time to exit. Smart move, because his stock will probably never be higher.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-23, 13:27

Marc Summers wrote:Congrats Pat. He probably saw Harbaugh being hired by Michigan as an ideal time to exit. Smart move, because his stock will probably never be higher.

Are you serious?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-23, 13:27

Nardawg can gain some valuable experience there and then return back home setting up more Spartan domination in the State of Michigan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-23, 13:27

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Are you serious?

You got Nuckied.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-23, 13:28

steveschneider wrote:

You got Nuckied.

I would hope so.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-23, 14:57

Congrats Nardawg! Good luck at Pitt, you deserve the chance to run a major college football program! I have faith that Coach D will keep the winning going and choose a great DC.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-24, 13:03

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 2m2 minutes ago

Pitt and Pat Narduzzi finalized their contract.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-25, 10:46

For those of you morans that are bored this Christmas morning and in the spirit of keeping at least some sports content on here:

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/goodbye_paul_hello_pat_and_merry_christmas/17971034

A pretty good read from the PITT perspective of Narduzzi and Chryst, future and past. Some pretty reasonable critiquing of Chryst's game management, hopefully he'll bring those skills to WI with him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-12-25, 15:38

I hope we promote one of Tressel/Barnett and then hire someone from the outside like Jim Heacock or Chuck Bullough to be co-DC.

I liked what we did when Roushar left with promoting Warner and adding Bollman. It's good to maintain staff continuity, but it's also good to get in some new voices and ideas.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-25, 15:58

SpartanHT wrote:I hope we promote one of Tressel/Barnett and then hire someone from the outside like Jim Heacock or Chuck Bullough to be co-DC.

I liked what we did when Roushar left with promoting Warner and adding Bollman. It's good to maintain staff continuity, but it's also good to get in some new voices and ideas.

Are you related to Heacock?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-25, 16:30

Turtleneck wrote:Are you related to Heacock?

Does Hugecock count?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-12-25, 21:28

Turtleneck wrote:

Are you related to Heacock?

No, I just think adding him would be perfect for our staff. It was awesome when we added Bollman (I wanted him to replace Roushar as soon as the 2012 ND game) and I want to see the same on defense.

I am a big fan of adding guys from Tressel's old staff. Those guys knew how to dominate the B1G, and Dantonio has worked with them so they aren't too radically different so they can work with Dantonio, but different (and well-respected) enough that they can add new ideas to the staff. Heacock would be one of 7-8 guys that would make sure we don't miss a beat with Narduzzi gone. He'd give us even more power in recruiting Ohio, and could mentor Tressel/Barnett to take over as sole DC after 3-4 years of being co-DC.

It's perfect for MSU, and I'd personally rather have someone with a bit of experience at DC instead of a first-timer calling the shots. Have a co-DC situation like on offense, and we're good to go.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next