Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Izzo go to the nba yet?

+23
Death Roe
Rocinante
The_Dude
Blanch32
Snake Plissken
HT
InTenSity
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
SeeRockCity
Herbie Green
Stoops21
NigelUno
xsanguine
LoneWolfSparty
DWags
Ted Brogan
Turtleneck
Bizarro Fletch
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
Other Teams Pursuing That
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Can Izzo go to the nba yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Izzo go to the nba yet?

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-20, 22:34

Stoops21 wrote:

That's a whole school loan for me so I am tempted. Honestly can we even make it now?

No, which is why Hollis is in his office right now arranging forfeits for the remaining games.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-20, 22:34

If you are a student void the offer.

How about this. We make the tourney and you show up here and admit you are a fucking spazz with no semblance of reality or perspective and you vow to try to have more in the future.

We don't make the tourney I'll admit you were right to panic and I'll paypal you $50.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-20, 22:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

One promising recruit in how many years

Not sure. Gary Harris?

I thought we were in the Elite 8 last year. Is my memory that bad?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-12-20, 22:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If you are a student void the offer.

How about this. We make the tourney and you show up here and admit you are a fucking spazz with no semblance of reality or perspective and you vow to try to have more in the future.

We don't make the tourney I'll admit you were right to panic and I'll paypal you $50.
Let me sleep on a 50 dollar bet and I admit I am douche piece of garbage and stop posting forever and ever.

I mean cmon texas southern at home. It's hard to see this team accomplishing much in the conference. It's just ridiculous
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-20, 22:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not interested in that approach, personally. It would greatly diminish my opinion of Izzo. I'd rather be best/among the best at the non Kentuckys than go that route. You'll understand when you're older.

I'm sort of with you, honestly it's pretty damn cool that we got Appling and Nix to graduate. First of their generation from a poor family in Detroit, and both came out the other side better individuals as Spartans.

Our fan base should either embrace that, it's a really good accomplishment imo.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-20, 22:52

Stoops21 wrote:
Let me sleep on a 50 dollar bet and I admit I am douche piece of garbage and stop posting forever and ever.

I mean cmon texas southern at home. It's hard to see this team accomplishing much in the conference. It's just ridiculous

No honestly, I don't want to take your money or even have you risk it if you're a student. I just enjoy watching people squirm when they have to back up their anonymous harsh words on a message board. Don't want you to stop posting if you lose, either. Just want you to gain some semblance of a perspective into how good we have it with Izzo and our basketball program.

I don't give a fuck about losing to Texas Southern. Bad loss. We're a young team trying to put together some pieces and find our chemistry. It will happen. Because Izzo. Are we going to compete for a National Championship this year? Fuck no. Probably not. But if this is what you're bitching about you are an entitled, spoiled fucking brat and I hope you realize this.

Trust in Izzo. Don't spazz out. We'll be alright.

If you want Izzo to sell his soul and go the Cal route - find another team to root for. I'm proud of the stances he has taken in this regard. You should be, too. I think he will make you find that pride by the end of March, because he always does.

Don't be a miserable SOB. Didn't Cal fail to make the tournament a few years ago, despite all of his vacated stuff/probations left behind/middlemen/Wes dealings/One and dones?

In short, settle down Beavis.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-12-20, 22:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

One promising recruit in how many years

Bess, Clark and Tum Tum are all promising. Dumb ass.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-12-20, 22:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

No honestly, I don't want to take your money or even have you risk it if you're a student. I just enjoy watching people squirm when they have to back up their anonymous harsh words on a message board. Don't want you to stop posting if you lose, either. Just want you to gain some semblance of a perspective into how good we have it with Izzo and our basketball program.

I don't give a fuck about losing to Texas Southern. Bad loss. We're a young team trying to put together some pieces and find our chemistry. It will happen. Because Izzo. Are we going to compete for a National Championship this year? Fuck no. Probably not. But if this is what you're bitching about you are an entitled, spoiled fucking brat and I hope you realize this.

If you want Izzo to sell his soul and go the Cal route - find another team to root for. I'm proud of the stances he has taken in this regard. You should be, too. I think he will make you find that pride by the end of March, because he always does.

Don't be a miserable SOB. Didn't Cal fail to make the tournament a few years ago, despite all of his vacated stuff/probations left behind/middlemen/Wes dealings/One and dones?

Bang.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-20, 22:59

Stoops21 wrote:

Dude WBH just made you his personal bitch. Either believe the words you write or shut the fuck up. Wow. Have some balls. And please refrain from using the term blowers anymore because if you don't take the bet you e got WBH's cock half way down your throat. It doesn't even matter who is right. Either believe your words or just shut up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-12-20, 22:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Well said. I'll stop being a spazz
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-20, 23:04

Stoops21 wrote:

+1

Go to the Riv/Ricks bro. Wish I could. Can Izzo go to the nba yet? - Page 2 502811600
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-20, 23:06

Stoops21 wrote:

For good? Or just the rest of today?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-12-20, 23:08

NigelUno wrote:

For good? Or just the rest of today?
For good. Tonight just pissed me off way too much
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-12-20, 23:08

This thread should be a schoolhouse rock video now.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-20, 23:11

I hate these losses. Usually they end up paying off in the end, but with 4 losses already, Izzo is playing with fire. Gdi, the food on diners, dives and drive ins looks awesome.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-20, 23:17

I am not suggesting parallels because this team probably does not have enough talent to beat the likes of Duke or Kentucky in March.

But again - REMINDER - I'M GETTING OLD (goddammit) - we lost to WRIGHT STATE in the year we won the National Championship. We finished with SEVEN losses. Still wound up a 1 seed and absolutely ran the competition in the tourney. They didn't have their best player during that loss but it served as a great teaching point for Izzo and his team leaders that they could not afford to let their guard down.

The NIT shit is laughable imo. Fully expect this team to compete for the B1G crown. Tough schedule breaks but I don't think Wiscy is as good as we cracked them up to be. Down year in the league this year imo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-20, 23:20

InTenSity wrote:I hate these losses. Usually they end up paying off in the end, but with 4 losses already, Izzo is playing with fire. Gdi, the food on diners, dives and drive ins looks awesome.

Apple dumplings!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-20, 23:23

NigelUno wrote:

Apple dumplings!
Hah! And they make it look so easy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-20, 23:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am not suggesting parallels because this team probably does not have enough talent to beat the likes of Duke or Kentucky in March.

But again - REMINDER - I'M GETTING OLD (goddammit) - we lost to WRIGHT STATE in the year we won the National Championship. We finished with SEVEN losses. Still wound up a 1 seed and absolutely ran the competition in the tourney. They didn't have their best player during that loss but it served as a great teaching point for Izzo and his team leaders that they could not afford to let their guard down.

The NIT shit is laughable imo. Fully expect this team to compete for the B1G crown. Tough schedule breaks but I don't think Wiscy is as good as we cracked them up to be. Down year in the league this year imo.

10-8 (Big Ten) gets us in. 9-9 might be dicey (a couple of Big Ten Tournament wins maybe would do the trick).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-20, 23:46

Stoops21 wrote:

Thanks in advance, spazz.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-21, 00:39

What's really so bad about a Calipari though? Turns poor kids into the 1%. Not sure I have that big of a problem with the guy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-21, 00:43

steveschneider wrote:What's really so bad about a Calipari though? Turns poor kids into the 1%. Not sure I have that big of a problem with the guy.

Into the 1% for what, 5 years? 8 or more of you include recruiting
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-21, 00:48

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Into the 1% for what, 5 years? 8 or more of you include recruiting

Not Cal's problem. He gets them there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-12-21, 00:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Thanks in advance, spazz.
You're welcome. You own my soul. I am in the wrong. I hate losing. Apologies
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-21, 00:57

steveschneider wrote:What's really so bad about a Calipari though? Turns poor kids into the 1%. Not sure I have that big of a problem with the guy.

Well, I have no doubt he's trying to do his best to make the kids who wind up in his program as successful as possible, but he's shitting on the spirit of the rules.

He operates withing the shadows of the existing rules. It's shady as fuck. He knows it. You know it. Everyone knows it. Yes, the NCAA sucks at making/enforcing rules. But everyone knows and understands the basic premise of college athletics and amateurism. We understand what they're going for, we understand that the way the current system is set up, student athletes are provided with academic scholarships and other standard benefits in exchange for their athletic talents. We understand the system is not set up to compensate these kids in a "fair" fashion. But we also understand that by stepping outside of that system you are ignoring the current set of standards and choosing to gain an unfair advantage over your competition. You are choosing talent and success over integrity.

In and ideal world, the NCAA and the NBA come to some sort of agreement on value/equality and everyone abides by it. Until that happens....those that don't abide by the rules are fucking cheaters. And those that do are at a sever disadvantage.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-12-21, 02:58

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Izzo leaving.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all he's done for our university, but I don't think his style overall is conducive to the way the game is today. The game has changed since he was one of the best coaches, but he's frankly done a poor job at making adjustments to the new one and done era of college basketball.

I don't know. I just see MSU basketball as a way to make the football offseason go faster and honestly prefer MSU hockey and football by a wide margin. I'd like to see us do well, but I don't think Izzo is right for today's day and age of college basketball.

He's great, but man, I think that having someone more "modern" would do us more good at a cheaper price.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-21, 08:19

SpartanHT wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't mind Izzo leaving.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all he's done for our university, but I don't think his style overall is conducive to the way the game is today. The game has changed since he was one of the best coaches, but he's frankly done a poor job at making adjustments to the new one and done era of college basketball.

I don't know. I just see MSU basketball as a way to make the football offseason go faster and honestly prefer MSU hockey and football by a wide margin. I'd like to see us do well, but I don't think Izzo is right for today's day and age of college basketball.

He's great, but man, I think that having someone more "modern" would do us more good at a cheaper price.

Tool.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-21, 08:20

Can Izzo go to the nba yet? - Page 2 1469072363
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-21, 08:43

Please stick to hockey threads. Jesus
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-21, 08:51

Maybe it is just my opinion, but can we please drop all this talk about f****** Cal? I don't even acknowledge them as a program. I do agree that it has ruined college basketball at least the version I follow.
But Even if MSU or any team decided to cheat their ass off and go after one and dones it might not even work as well as you think. Even Kentucky was in the NIT two years ago. It is not like most programs can just say "hey lets go get 10 Mcdonalds all americans". You don't think Izzo recruited some players knowing full well they might be one and done? Ever hear of Jabari Parker?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-21, 09:00

Herbie Green wrote: You don't think Izzo recruited some players knowing full well they might be one and done? Ever hear of Jabari Parker?

Exactly. Add Okafor to the list. He recently put a big time effort landing one-and-done guys and got burned.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-21, 09:41

Herbie Green wrote:Maybe it is just my opinion, but can we please drop all this talk about f****** Cal? I don't even acknowledge them as a program. I do agree that it has ruined college basketball at least the version I follow.
But Even if MSU or any team decided to cheat their ass off and go after one and dones it might not even work as well as you think. Even Kentucky was in the NIT two years ago. It is not like most programs can just say "hey lets go get 10 Mcdonalds all americans". You don't think Izzo recruited some players knowing full well they might be one and done? Ever hear of Jabari Parker?

Look I understand why everyone dislikes Cal, but it's not just Cal...it's Self, it's Williams, it's Ollie, it's Coach K and the list goes on and on. College sports have become a big time slimy business. There's just too much money around it and generated by it to be the pure game that we yearn for.

Yesterday, Izzo benched Clark for Wollerman. We all love a good disciplinarian but that's out of touch with where hoops is these days.

The NBA is a players league and the college game is becoming that as well. These players don't give a flying f about academics, they don't give a flying f about a coach that is going to bench them for not getting a rebound...all they want is minutes on the floor, and someone that can get them into the league after a semester in college. Us old timers hate it, but the next generation has grown up understanding this is just the way it is.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-21, 10:37

SeeRockCity wrote:This thread should be a schoolhouse rock video now.
Half the kids in this thread don't even know what that means Can Izzo go to the nba yet? - Page 2 2130724145
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-21, 11:03

Steve, you have a point there. I don't know if Coach K is on that list. I think there is a reason why it ends up being Duke that beats out MSU for some of these kids, because a lot of the other top kids are not on either of their target lists to begin with.
This doesn't seem to be going on within the Big Ten, or if it is no one is doing a very good job of it. I don’t think there are any coaches besides the ones you mention that have the clout of Izzo to come in and pull it off at MSU. And those guys aren't available.
So I guess it comes down to that Izzo should start paying handlers. I don't know, but if it ever came out that Izzo was paying players I just don't know what I would do. As much as I have loved MSU basketball for 35 years I don't know if I could watch it any more.
I suppose I am in the minority. When I look at Kentucky their fans are more rabid than ever. And if you question it their fans will vehemently defend Cal's honor.
Perhaps we need to drop this "national title or bust" mentality. But even then we were pretty damn close last season. So what exactly is the problem? I think we are mostly just spoiled by Izzo's own success. No one else is actually winning national titles every year. Not even Kentucky. So what happens if we cheat and still dont win it? Then what do we have left?
I am afraid we are just going to have to tough this season out. The freshmen look promising and there are more reinforcements on the way.
My opinion of this year's team is actually more negative than many here. I think we are a lot closer to the NIT than a big ten title. But personally I can enjoy watching the team develop and fight their way through the season - even if a game like yesterday has me on suicide watch.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-21, 11:29

On a scale of 1 to potato, how drunk were you when you wrote this?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-21, 11:29

Herbie Green wrote:Steve, you have a point there. I don't know if Coach K is on that list. I think there is a reason why it ends up being Duke that beats out MSU for some of these kids, because a lot of the other top kids are not on either of their target lists to begin with.
This doesn't seem to be going on within the Big Ten, or if it is no one is doing a very good job of it. I don’t think there are any coaches besides the ones you mention that have the clout of Izzo to come in and pull it off at MSU. And those guys aren't available.
So I guess it comes down to that Izzo should start paying handlers. I don't know, but if it ever came out that Izzo was paying players I just don't know what I would do. As much as I have loved MSU basketball for 35 years I don't know if I could watch it any more.
I suppose I am in the minority. When I look at Kentucky their fans are more rabid than ever. And if you question it their fans will vehemently defend Cal's honor.
Perhaps we need to drop this "national title or bust" mentality. But even then we were pretty damn close last season. So what exactly is the problem? I think we are mostly just spoiled by Izzo's own success. No one else is actually winning national titles every year. Not even Kentucky. So what happens if we cheat and still dont win it? Then what do we have left?
I am afraid we are just going to have to tough this season out. The freshmen look promising and there are more reinforcements on the way.
My opinion of this year's team is actually more negative than many here. I think we are a lot closer to the NIT than a big ten title. But personally I can enjoy watching the team develop and fight their way through the season - even if a game like yesterday has me on suicide watch.

I don't buy that Coach K is the 'we do it the right way' type that everyone makes him out to be.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1335637-are-coach-k-and-duke-not-as-squeaky-clean-as-we-all-think-they-are

That's my point earlier is that at least Coach Cal is pretty honest and transparent about what he does. I can't stand dirt bags like Schembechler, Harbaugh, Coach K, or any tool from Notre Dame that preaches moral superiority through their institution and coaching vision. It's the biggest crock of bull shit ever.

I'll take a coach Cal or Pete Carroll any given day of the week over the big liars of college sports. They don't hide it and play the game for what it is. .

At the end of the day, appreciate Tom Izzo for what he's done and he deserves the maximum fan support. He's doing about as good job as you can following the rules and competing for championships. Whiteboyhatcher nailed it above when he said he wants to be the best of the non UK cheaters.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-12-21, 13:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

On a scale of 1 to potato, how drunk were you when you wrote this?

Potato, baked.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-12-22, 07:48

Stoops21 wrote:And we all wonder why we miss out on recruits? Because of what izzo did tonight. The team has no fight. Lost to Texas southern at home. Let that soak in. Just think about it. Fucking disgraceful.

Agree in a way. Benching tum tum for partially the entire emu game was another example.

Look izzo has lost it. No way you can tell me he's the same coach he was even 5 years ago. And hey, that's fine dude has earned it but prepare for this to be the first tourney miss in what seems lime forever
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-12-22, 07:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not interested in that approach, personally. It would greatly diminish my opinion of Izzo. I'd rather be best/among the best at the non Kentuckys than go that route. You'll understand when you're older.

Agreed. Give me guys like Clark and Bess any day. Throw in valentine as well.

Problem is all the skinny one note white dudes who are busts. That and Trice's effort and attitude--dude should have never been recruited in the first
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-22, 08:00

Blanch32 wrote:

partially the entire emu game

scratch
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next