Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN will be available through a streaming service, no cable required

+3
LoneWolfSparty
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
7 posters

Go down

ESPN will be available through a streaming service, no cable required Empty ESPN will be available through a streaming service, no cable required

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:38 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2015/01/05/espn-goes-streaming-through-dishs-sling-tv-no-cable-required/?tid=sm_fb
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ESPN will be available through a streaming service, no cable required Empty Re: ESPN will be available through a streaming service, no cable required

Post by Cameron Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:53 pm

No fucking way I'm paying $20 a month for ESPN, CNN, Food Network, and Cartoon Network. If the goal is to quit bundling shit I want with shit I don't want, this is a miserable failure.

If ESPN follows the Netflix model and charges me $10 a month or less and lets me watch on whatever device I want, I'm in. But this Sling TV shit sounds terrible.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ESPN will be available through a streaming service, no cable required Empty Re: ESPN will be available through a streaming service, no cable required

Post by LoneWolfSparty Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:32 am

Cameron wrote:No fucking way I'm paying $20 a month for ESPN, CNN, Food Network, and Cartoon Network. If the goal is to quit bundling shit I want with shit I don't want, this is a miserable failure.

If ESPN follows the Netflix model and charges me $10 a month or less and lets me watch on whatever device I want, I'm in. But this Sling TV shit sounds terrible.

Curmudgeon.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:50 am

Cameron wrote:No fucking way I'm paying $20 a month for ESPN, CNN, Food Network, and Cartoon Network. If the goal is to quit bundling shit I want with shit I don't want, this is a miserable failure.

Cable companies have had a natural monopoly for years. Your only other option to watch espn is to pay for an expensive cable package. This is a big win for the consumer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:56 am

steveschneider wrote:

Cable companies have had a natural monopoly for years. Your only other option to watch espn is to pay for an expensive cable package. This is a big win for the consumer.

I like the part about no contract. I can have it during fb season and save my $20/month the rest of the year. Unlike cable or dish network where I'm locked into spending $900 a year for two years to watch four months worth of football and eight months of commercials.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:59 am

I don't understand..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:00 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't understand..

It's ok big guy. ESPN will be available through a streaming service, no cable required 3609021617
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:03 am

You'll be able to access ESPN and a few other channels over your internet connection for $20 a month instead of shoveling out $75/month or so for full dedicated access.

Works out for me since I don't have anything bundled with my internet access. For people that already have CATV and  internet bundled it's not for them.

On top of that you can buy monthly access. If you only want it during bowl season that's all you need to get it for. You don't have to sign a long term contract.

Last edited by Jake from State Farm on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:03 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:

You'll be able to access ESPN and a few other channels over your internet connection for $20 a month instead of shoveling out $75/month or so for full dedicated access.

Works out for me since I don't have anything bundled with my internet access. For people that already have CATV and internet bundled it's not for them.
so if I want to watch the World Championships of Poker on ESPN, I'll have to sit at a computer and do it?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:04 am

InTenSity wrote:
It's ok big guy. ESPN will be available through a streaming service, no cable required 3609021617
ESPN will be available through a streaming service, no cable required 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:05 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so if I want to watch the World Championships of Poker on ESPN, I'll have to sit at a computer and do it?

No, you can get an app for something like ROKU or FireTV so you can watch it on your 84" flatscreen.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:07 am

No, you can get an app for something like ROKU or FireTV so you can watch it on your 84" flatscreen.
I don't understand..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:08 am

You should probably just stick to your tinfoil covered rabbit ears Bob.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:11 am

You should probably just stick to your tinfoil covered rabbit ears Bob.
pretty sure my wife will be able to figure it out.. I take out the trash, maintain the lawn and gardens and shovel the snow..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down