Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs

+10
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
LoneWolfSparty
DWags
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
xsanguine
Ass Dan
14 posters

Go down

Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs Empty Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs

Post by Ass Dan 2015-01-15, 23:49

Gives Pasch Darwin's book on air in celebration of some stupid award he won.

http://deadspin.com/espns-dave-pasch-outs-self-as-creationist-after-receivi-1679866092?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs Empty Re: Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs

Post by xsanguine 2015-01-16, 00:07

Grown ass men that still believe in Santa Claus...

It is what it is.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs Empty Re: Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs

Post by Cym Jim 2015-01-16, 02:00

It's fun to laugh at celebrities, but 42% of Americans believe that God created humans in their current form. No evolution, nothing. Only 19% of Americans believe God had no part in the process. The numbers are slowly (SLOWLY) improving, but the US is so far behind the rest of world in rationale thought. It's good motivation to go to work each day though, and that ignorance pays for my nice house and nice cars Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs 969504605.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-01-16, 02:42

Cym Jim wrote:It's fun to laugh at celebrities, but 42% of Americans believe that God created humans in their current form. No evolution, nothing. Only 19% of Americans believe God had no part in the process. The numbers are slowly (SLOWLY) improving, but the US is so far behind the rest of world in rationale thought. It's good motivation to go to work each day though, and that ignorance pays for my nice house and nice cars Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs 969504605.

And spelling
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-01-16, 02:47

Cym Jim wrote:It's fun to laugh at celebrities, but 42% of Americans believe that God created humans in their current form. No evolution, nothing. Only 19% of Americans believe God had no part in the process. The numbers are slowly (SLOWLY) improving, but the US is so far behind the rest of world in rationale thought. It's good motivation to go to work each day though, and that ignorance pays for my nice house and nice cars Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs 969504605.

I certainly don't believe in the god in the way that Christianity/Islam/Judaism presents it. I mean, that shit is clearly half retarded.

Now those of us that consider ourselves psychonauts....explorers of human consciousness!!!... find ourselves trying to build the bridge between our consciousness and reality. It starts after a few sessions with the various psilocybin mushrooms... and those allow you to at least become aware that there is "something", whatever it is... undefined at that point.
But even though it doesn't seem to explain much to us it's probably the most important step you can take prior to THE trip;
Dimethyltryptamine (specifically N,N-Dimethyltryptamine).

Experienced psychonauts will admit they have absolutely no way to explain the journey with which you will embark on. It can only be experienced, it can't be explained or taught.
But for those of us that have taken that jump, while we might not have ours minds "changed", we certainly don't speak in such absolutes afterwards. It's one of those moments in your life where everything you thought "was"...."isn't"... and those moments only happen usually once or twice, maybe three times in a person's adult life... and with some it never happens at all. So if you're not exploring your consciousness you could essentially look at it as living and dying in the same town you were born in, grew up in, and never left.

But I should probably stop because Roc is mad at me and I think wants to fight me because my opinions get on his nerves. Yeah, I know it's actually my personality but I'm too sensitive to admit it to myself just yet. I've experienced an ego death in the throes of a psychedelic episode but it's been awhile... I'm due for a brain scrub soon. Sorry, Roc... I'll work on "getting over myself" soon, I promise.  flower

Here is the best way I can explain it to those who have never experienced it... and if you haven't experienced it I HIGHLY recommend it. For some reason, Jim... I get the feeling that you're at some level of psychonaut yet still maybe below that of graduating to N,N-DMT...? Maybe you're more aware than all of us?

Anyways, here's our High Priest Joe Rogan recounting one of his religious experiences with the God Molecule.

It seems silly to someone who's remained "sober" all their lives, never taking that leap, that chance... until you actually experience it for yourself.

"If you do not experience this... if you do not have a psychedelic experience at least once in your life you have missed out on a big part of what life is actually all about." ---Joe Rogan

Indeed, Mr. Rogan. Indeed

The famous Rick Strassman's study on DMT (narrated by our High Priest Joe Rogan himself).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-01-16, 05:36

xsanguine wrote:

I certainly don't believe in the god in the way that Christianity/Islam/Judaism presents it. I mean, that shit is clearly half retarded.

Now those of us that consider ourselves psychonauts....explorers of human consciousness!!!... find ourselves trying to build the bridge between our consciousness and reality. It starts after a few sessions with the various psilocybin mushrooms... and those allow you to at least become aware that there is "something", whatever it is... undefined at that point.
But even though it doesn't seem to explain much to us it's probably the most important step you can take prior to THE trip;
Dimethyltryptamine (specifically N,N-Dimethyltryptamine).

Experienced psychonauts will admit they have absolutely no way to explain the journey with which you will embark on. It can only be experienced, it can't be explained or taught.
But for those of us that have taken that jump, while we might not have ours minds "changed", we certainly don't speak in such absolutes afterwards. It's one of those moments in your life where everything you thought "was"...."isn't"... and those moments only happen usually once or twice, maybe three times in a person's adult life... and with some it never happens at all. So if you're not exploring your consciousness you could essentially look at it as living and dying in the same town you were born in, grew up in, and never left.

But I should probably stop because Roc is mad at me and I think wants to fight me because my opinions get on his nerves. Yeah, I know it's actually my personality but I'm too sensitive to admit it to myself just yet. I've experienced an ego death in the throes of a psychedelic episode but it's been awhile... I'm due for a brain scrub soon. Sorry, Roc... I'll work on "getting over myself" soon, I promise.  flower

Here is the best way I can explain it to those who have never experienced it... and if you haven't experienced it I HIGHLY recommend it. For some reason, Jim... I get the feeling that you're at some level of psychonaut yet still maybe below that of graduating to N,N-DMT...? Maybe you're more aware than all of us?

Anyways, here's our High Priest Joe Rogan recounting one of his religious experiences with the God Molecule.

It seems silly to someone who's remained "sober" all their lives, never taking that leap, that chance... until you actually experience it for yourself.

"If you do not experience this... if you do not have a psychedelic experience at least once in your life you have missed out on a big part of what life is actually all about." ---Joe Rogan

Indeed, Mr. Rogan. Indeed

The famous Rick Strassman's study on DMT (narrated by our High Priest Joe Rogan himself).

Yeah, you've put a lot of thought into this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-01-16, 06:13

DWags wrote:

Yeah, you've put a lot of thought into this.

Not nearly enough.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-01-16, 07:32

xsanguine wrote:

Not nearly enough.
I wouldn't sell yourself short here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-01-16, 07:46

DWags wrote:
I wouldn't sell yourself short here.

Daddy always said I'd amount to sumtin'

Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs Stripper-Mario
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-01-16, 07:49

Join us, Dwags.

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-01-16, 08:36

Got to love how people that have no idea and were not there are so sure how something did or didn't happen. lol!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-01-16, 08:47

if loving jesus (and guns and war and the death penalty) is wrong, I don't want to be right..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-01-16, 09:15

xsanguine wrote:Join us, Dwags.

Join who? I'm not on one side or the other here. However, it does amuse me that both sides who are so passionate about their beliefs spend so much energy trying to convince the other side they're right. If you don't believe why do you care? If you do, why don't you just silently pray to your god about the souls of the damned like my Dutch Reformed neighbors do when I open my place for the summer in Saugatuck. They go inside and pray for me as I drunkenly light fires in my back yard.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-01-16, 09:16

DWags wrote:

Join who? I'm not on one side or the other here. However, it does amuse me that both sides who are so passionate about their beliefs spend so much energy trying to convince the other side they're right. If you don't believe why do you care? If you do, why don't you just silently pray to your god about the souls of the damned like my Dutch Reformed neighbors do when I open my place for the summer in Saugatuck. They go inside and pray for me as I drunkenly light fires in my back yard.

I was talking about the mushrooms.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-01-16, 09:19

xsanguine wrote:

I was talking about the mushrooms.

Ihaven't taken those since the late 70's.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-16, 09:32

Cym Jim wrote:but the US is so far behind the rest of world in rationale thought

Well, the resurgence of fascism across the European continent certainly strikes me as rational.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-01-16, 09:48

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Got to love how people that have no idea and were not there are so sure how something did or didn't happen. lol!

The "you weren't there" defense. Right up there with the Wookie defense.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-01-16, 09:58

I would love to see a list of Bill Walton's favorite Dead shows.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-16, 10:01

Who is POTY in CBB thus far?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-01-16, 10:03

steveschneider wrote:I would love to see a list of Bill Walton's favorite Dead shows.

Enjoy and good luck getting a ticket

The dead are'nt dead
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-01-16, 10:05

Cym Jim wrote: It's good motivation to go to work each day though, and that ignorance pays for my nice house and nice cars Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs 969504605.

Are you a televangelist?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-01-16, 10:12

Cym Jim wrote:the US is so far behind the rest of world in rationale thought.

Yet you moved here and millions of people have died trying and still try to get here to this day.

Always love the hypocrites that immigrate here, establish themselves with middle to upper middle class lifestyles (which is incredibly good lifestyle here compare to rest of world) and then bitch about it.

My grandpa came here from the Czech Republic when he was 14 to work on his uncles farm speaking not one world of English. I never, ever, in his life heard him complain about one single thing. He got a job on the assembly line after WWII.

Its like the hippie vegan eating a $20 dollar lunch while wearing Prada glasses and a Coach handbag bitch about capitalism. scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-01-16, 10:39

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Got to love how people that have no idea and were not there are so sure how something did or didn't happen. lol!

You were there?

One side uses facts and science. One side uses.... Ummm guns?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-01-16, 11:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

You were there?

One side uses facts and science. One side uses.... Ummm guns?

A 2000 year old book that they only follow partially told them so.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-01-16, 11:16

The_Dude wrote:

Yet you moved here and millions of people have died trying and still try to get here to this day.

Always love the hypocrites that immigrate here, establish themselves with middle to upper middle class lifestyles (which is incredibly good lifestyle here compare to rest of world) and then bitch about it.

My grandpa came here from the Czech Republic when he was 14 to work on his uncles farm speaking not one world of English. I never, ever, in his life heard him complain about one single thing. He got a job on the assembly line after WWII.

Its like the hippie vegan eating a $20 dollar lunch while wearing Prada glasses and a Coach handbag bitch about capitalism. scratch
clearly he wasn't an MSU fan..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-01-16, 12:14

DWags wrote:

Enjoy and good luck getting a ticket

The dead are'nt dead

Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs 465300_10151454444525626_1010647156_o

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs Empty The Case for more science education in this country

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-16, 12:33

"The moon is such a planet. I can't even stand it."

http://time.com/3670647/qvc-moon-planet-or-star/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-01-16, 13:00

The_Dude wrote:

The ol "my grandpa rant" Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs 502811600

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-01-16, 13:14

DWags wrote:

The ol "my grandpa rant" Bill Walton taunts pasch over creationist beliefs 502811600

I bet his grandpa was really a lazy guy, everyone likes to look back at their grandpas work ethic through rose colored glasses.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-01-16, 13:29

steveschneider wrote:

I bet his grandpa was really a lazy guy, everyone likes to look back at their grandpas work ethic through rose colored glasses.

Yeah, we all love our grandpa's. Of course he's going to say that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-03-06, 21:17

I saw the word "psychonauts" and realized it was time to get the hell out of this thread. Stat.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-06, 23:07

SpartanInNH wrote:I saw the word "psychonauts" and realized it was time to get the hell out of this thread. Stat.

Expand your mind.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down