Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack Reacher

+3
Bizarro Fletch
WhiteBoyHatcher
LoneWolfSparty
7 posters

Go down

Jack Reacher Empty Jack Reacher

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Watched it on Amazon Prime. I was pleasantly surprised. Much better than I expected.

Oh and Alexia Fast is hot.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jack Reacher Empty Re: Jack Reacher

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:18 pm

I started it, couldn't finish it.

My genre for sure but I have a slightly rational hatred of Cruise and could not stomach that 5'7 pussy trying to pass himself off as some sort of a badass again. Wasn't Jack Reacher supposed to be like 6'5?

OTOH I hear great things about John Wick and can't wait to see it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:01 am

And in fact just finished John Wick. Good. Entertaining. Sorta modern/artsy. Very good revenge flick. I kinda would compare it to that one that Mel Gibson was in a few years back - Payback I think? Definitely worth watching.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:16 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:And in fact just finished John Wick. Good. Entertaining. Sorta modern/artsy. Very good revenge flick. I kinda would compare it to that one that Mel Gibson was in a few years back - Payback I think? Definitely worth watching.

I'll check it out. I agree with you about Tom Cruise. He's also starting to look old and he isn't handling that very well.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:52 am

Terrible movie. But Cruise was actually good in Edge of Tomorrow, where they were smart enough to make fun of his image.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:46 am

I don't understand the hate for this flick. Good, fun action movie. Duvall was great! Werner Herzog (the director of the infamous Grizzly Man) was great. Hell, Cruise was great. There was a couple really cheese scenes, but all in all I liked it a lot.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:49 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:And in fact just finished John Wick. Good. Entertaining. Sorta modern/artsy. Very good revenge flick. I kinda would compare it to that one that Mel Gibson was in a few years back - Payback I think? Definitely worth watching.

Keanu Reeves did an Asian movie, maybe something to do with Tai Chi. I think I found it on Netflix, was entertaining. He's not the main character, but produced the movie.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Watched it on Amazon Prime. I was pleasantly surprised. Much better than I expected.

Oh and Alexia Fast is hot.

Thanks for posting this. Kind of crazy timing, too. It was Monday or Tuesday that I was wondering what LWS thought about the movie Jack Reacher. Thanks again!

Last edited by Turtleneck on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I started it, couldn't finish it.

My genre for sure but I have a slightly rational hatred of Cruise and could not stomach that 5'7 pussy trying to pass himself off as some sort of a badass again. Wasn't Jack Reacher supposed to be like 6'5?

I wanted to hate this movie very much, just because casting didn't match the character. Trying to pass off a waif as a 6'5" 250lb man-beast was a terrible idea.

But, I didn't hate it after all.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:07 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I started it, couldn't finish it.

I wanted to hate this movie very much, just because casting didn't match the character. Trying to pass off a waif as a 6'5" 250lb man-beast was a terrible idea.

But, I didn't hate it after all.

Since I haven't read the books I had no preconceptions about him being huge... Tom Cruise did fine.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down