Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Student Debt Solution - Sugar Babies

+7
Robert J Sakimano
Cym Jim
The_Dude
Ass Dan
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
11 posters

Go down

Student Debt Solution - Sugar Babies Empty Student Debt Solution - Sugar Babies

Post by Guest 2015-01-21, 10:31

In recent years the rising cost of student debt has given birth to an odd phenomenon: a population of ostensibly generous older men who appear poised to solve the higher-education crisis, one student at a time. Once a relatively underground subculture, this benevolent group of men is coming to the rescue across the country, essentially volunteering to subsidize the students’ tuition costs. But that description could be, shall I say, sugarcoating it.

Yes, these men are ponying up their money—plus more—for financially struggling students. However, it’s not free money, and it’s not all students. In other words, these benefactors typically expect some compensation from their beneficiaries—students who generally tend to be women willing to accept the help from the men in exchange for providing some tender loving care. And, at least, flaunting their good looks.
"Sugar daddies"—the official moniker granted to these wealthy men—and the microcosm they occupy aren’t anything new, but they’ve become more mainstream in recent years. That they’ve emerged as a noteworthy group during America's student-debt crisis is indicative of their growing prevalence—as well as that of "sugar babies," the ones entrenched in that crisis. And the subculture—"daddies" and "babies" alike—appears to be expanding rapidly. 2014 saw a huge spike in sugar babies nationwide, especially in the southern states, according to new data from SeekingArrangement, a site where "babies" and "daddies" sign up and connect. The trend itself, let alone writing about it, might seem frivolous or demeaning. But the data could clarify what's going wrong with the system and where those problems lie.

http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/01/where-the-sugar-babies-are/384547/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Student Debt Solution - Sugar Babies Empty Re: Student Debt Solution - Sugar Babies

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2015-01-21, 11:14

So prostitution... working her way through college....

Like all of the strippers.

Seems like this isn't new.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Student Debt Solution - Sugar Babies Empty Re: Student Debt Solution - Sugar Babies

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-01-21, 11:15

When it doesn't go well.

Student Debt Solution - Sugar Babies Resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbeaut.ie%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2Fsugarbabies
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-01-21, 11:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:When it doesn't go well.

Student Debt Solution - Sugar Babies Resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbeaut.ie%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2Fsugarbabies

Bitches need to fix their hit grills. No wonder daddy warbucks moved on.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-01-21, 12:01

Solution: quit being a dumb slut and get a degree in something that will make you marketable
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-01-21, 12:18

Ass Dan wrote:Solution: quit being a dumb slut and get a degree in something that will make you marketable

Too many fucking pussy parents that don't beat their kids when they say they want to study something queer. Then they pay for their tuition and have to support them until they are 30.

No, I'm not going to pay 20k a year so you can study creative art and 16th century literature.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-01-21, 12:32

The_Dude wrote:

Too many fucking pussy parents that don't beat their kids when they say they want to study something queer.
Or give up on the football team.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-01-21, 12:48

as long as my daughter (sorry Forbin) goes to MSU, we'll cover her tuition. Otherwise, she's on her own.. for tuition, Thanksgiving break, winter break.. everything.

Go Green!!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2015-01-21, 20:34

I am willing for my husband to pimp himself out in return of someone paying his students loans. I have no problem taking that risk.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-21, 20:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:as long as my daughter (sorry Forbin) goes to MSU, we'll cover her tuition. Otherwise, she's on her own.. for tuition, Thanksgiving break, winter break.. everything.

Go Green!!!

Seems harsh. If I had a kid that went to UM that is exactly what I would do. I would not tell him/her. I would let them find out when the tuition check never arrived and they were dropped from their classes, or the tuition check bounced because I never put he money in the account, or they got home and found all the locks changed or maybe we moved without telling them. I don't know but screw them either way. But I would only do that if they went to UM.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-01-24, 18:14

Are there cougars out there that do this cause I am fuckin' broke.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-01-24, 20:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are there cougars out there that do this cause I am fuckin' broke.

This. I'll gladly be some cougar's boy toy to help pay off my student loans.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down