Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Williams..liar liar pants on fire

+10
Turtleneck
Green Note
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Blanch32
Motown Spartan
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brian Williams..liar liar pants on fire - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Williams..liar liar pants on fire

Post by LoneWolfSparty Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 13:01

[quote="LooseGoose"]I continue to chuckle at people equating Bill O'Reilly and Brain Williams.   Secondarily I fail to see how O'Reilly lying somehow justifies Williams lying.

Brian Williams was a "straight news" anchorman and managing editor at one of the big 3 networks.

Bill O'Reilly is a pundit/commentator on a cable news channel.

Apples & Oranges, but carry on.[/quote]

Ahh yes, the old liberal playbook: moral equivalence. Because heterosexuals get divorced, two guys that put it into each other's butts should have the right to get married. Because Rush Limbaugh was addicted to oxycontin, cocaine should be available over the counter. Because the US bombs other countries, women should be able to have their unborn children ripped apart in utero. I could go on but you get the point.

O'Reilly is an idiot. But that doesn't make Brian Williams any less of an idiot.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Brian Williams..liar liar pants on fire - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Williams..liar liar pants on fire

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 14:23

InTenSity wrote:

Probably similarities in what they are selling. Williams does the nightly news and is supposed to be trusted. I'm not sure if there is some type of oath that journalists take, but I'm pretty sure there are strict ethical guidelines. Williams, just because of the position, needs to have the trust of a majority of the viewership, otherwise no one will watch that newscast.

I believe that O'Reilly has some sort of segment or phrase that his place is the 'No Spin Zone', which to me means he's going to tell it straight, with no BS, just the truth. No embellishments on the story telling. How can you claim to be no spin, if your whole career is spin?

Put another way, if people found out that Jon Stewart was making up stories and embellishing them, it won't hurt his character as much, he's never claimed that he is a bastion of truth and justice. It is expected that he is embellishing and twisting the story slightly, or greatly.

I don't watch Williams or O'Reilly, I don't get my news from either of them, usually after the local news is over, I try to find something else to watch anyway.

I haven't watched news on television local or network more than 10 times in the last 10 years. I prefer to read my news, not listen to it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 14:33

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Ahh yes, the old liberal playbook: moral equivalence. Because heterosexuals get divorced, two guys that put it into each other's butts should have the right to get married. Because Rush Limbaugh was addicted to oxycontin, cocaine should be available over the counter. Because the US bombs other countries, women should be able to have their unborn children ripped apart in utero. I could go on but you get the point.

O'Reilly is an idiot. But that doesn't make Brian Williams any less of an idiot.

O'Reilly being an idiot doesn't excuse Brian Williams from being an idiot. He's made his own bed. The face of the news you watch has to be believable. Williams lost that privilege. O'Reily never had it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 14:42

LooseGoose wrote:

I haven't watched news on television local or network more than 10 times in the last 10 years. I prefer to read my news, not listen to it.

We're splitting hairs here. I didn't realize people were pointing to O'Reilly as an excuse for what Williams did. That doesn't make much sense.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 15:02

InTenSity wrote:

We're splitting hairs here. I didn't realize people were pointing to O'Reilly as an excuse for what Williams did. That doesn't make much sense.

O'Reilly has come up in every Brian Williams thread I've seen on the 'net. Mother Jones and media matters went after him and linked it to the Williams story. I read they had 40+ people vetting O'Reilly's past, so they somehow have thought them equivalent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 15:22

LooseGoose wrote:

O'Reilly has come up in every Brian Williams thread I've seen on the 'net. Mother Jones and media matters went after him and linked it to the Williams story. I read they had 40+ people vetting O'Reilly's past, so they somehow have thought them equivalent.

The good news is that this doesn't seem to affect either of us, since neither of us really watch network or fox news.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 20:47

LooseGoose wrote:I continue to chuckle at people equating Bill O'Reilly and Brain Williams.   Secondarily I fail to see how O'Reilly lying somehow justifies Williams lying.

Brian Williams was a "straight news" anchorman and managing editor at one of the big 3 networks.

Bill O'Reilly is a pundit/commentator on a cable news channel.

Apples & Oranges, but carry on.

Who said one justifies the other? Or are you just making that up?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 21:19

Heat Miser wrote:

The justification is that O'Reilly somehow proves all newsmen lie so what Williams did is ok. I'm not saying that, I'm reporting what I've seen out there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 21:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

The justification is that O'Reilly somehow proves all newsmen lie so what Williams did is ok. I'm not saying that, I'm reporting what I've seen out there.

I haven't seen that anywhere.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 21:48

Heat Miser wrote:

Yeah you're right. It was posted in this thread completely randomly and without trying to say anything.

Moron.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 21:59

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Yeah you're right. It was posted in this thread completely randomly and without trying to say anything.

Moron.

Um...I didn't feel like making a separate thread about O'reilly. Would it ease your butt hurt if I did? We do have thread split capability here.

One does not excuse the other. They've both lost credibility, though one might have had less to begin with and thus far only one has been punished.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 22:03

They're both pompous blowhards.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 22:11

[quote="Heat Miser"]

Um...I didn't feel like making a separate thread about O'reilly. Would it ease your butt hurt if I did? We do have thread split capability here.

One does not excuse the other. They've both lost credibility, though one might have had less to begin with and thus far only one has been punished.[/quote]

Butt hurt? Lol OReilly a libturd like Williams. You Fox haters don't seem to understand that.

Last edited by LoneWolfSparty on Wed 11 Mar 2015 - 13:15; edited 1 time in total
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 22:31

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

One does not excuse the other. They've both lost credibility, though one might have had less to begin with and thus far only one has been punished.

Butt hurt? Lol OReilly a libtard like Williams. You Fox haters don't seem to understand that.

I couldn't tell you what network either of them works for if you put a gun to my head. I just know that as news people, neither of them should be lying.

Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 11 Mar 2015 - 7:46

Heat Miser wrote:

I couldn't tell you what network either of them works for if you put a gun to my head. I just know that as news people, neither of them should be lying.

Liar.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 11 Mar 2015 - 10:29

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Liar.

I also couldn't tell you who the nightly news anchors are right now for ABC/CBS/NBC (I don't even know if FOX has a nightly news show), but if any of them are caught lying about their work history I'd say that's generally bad & they should be punished.

As others have said ITT, I usually don't watch the news, I read it. And when I read it, trivial details like the network these people work for is glossed over and/or quickly forgotten. As hard as it is for you to comprehend, and as much as you'd like to make it, this isn't about politics. It's about honesty, integrity & impartiality in the field of journalism.

EDIT: If you'd like to insist this is about politics, I'll be happy to move this thread to the Swill Bin.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 11 Mar 2015 - 10:42

I'm still befuddled by people that would be gullible enough to believe that they're actually getting news from the corporate media.. regardless of how much O'Reilly, etc. deceive, fabricate, mislead and outright lie..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 11 Mar 2015 - 10:58

Guys. I think we're missing the point. Bee specifically apologized for using the R word ubiquitously before and vowed to not do it anymore, but just used a derivative of it in this thread. So basically Bee is a horrible person.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 11 Mar 2015 - 13:15

Rocinante wrote:Guys. I think we're missing the point. Bee specifically apologized for using the R word ubiquitously before and vowed to not do it anymore, but just used a derivative of it in this thread. So basically Bee is a horrible person.

That was an auto correct thing, I meant libturd.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 11 Mar 2015 - 13:16

Heat Miser wrote:

EDIT: If you'd like to insist this is about politics, I'll be happy to move this thread to the Swill Bin.

This should have been done 2 weeks ago.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2