Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I supposed to give a shit when an "aid worker" gets killed?

+14
Brock Middlebrook
Green Note
DWags
The_Dude
LoneWolfSparty
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
Kramerica
xsanguine
Heat Miser
tTy
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Am I supposed to give a shit when an "aid worker" gets killed? Empty Am I supposed to give a shit when an "aid worker" gets killed?

Post by tTy 2015-02-07, 00:23

Just curious.... cuz, I don't really give a fuck.  Not my problem.  You kinda should have known better than to tromp your ass over there tryna' make a difference.  Just sayin.

Do I have empathy for that side of the globe?  Absolutely... but I have better things to do than fly my ass over there and try to help out.  Fuck that fuckin noise.  Nothing is ever going to solve that problem other than a complete rout by one side or the other.  I'm talking complete destruction.  One side will win.  One side will lose, eventually.  I'm just going to make sure to play as much golf as I can, do as much fishing as I can, play with my kids as much as I can, and have fun while I'm still around.  Ain't nobody gonna solve that shit.  Forget about it.  Fuck em.  Not your problem.

Last edited by tTy on 2015-02-07, 00:41; edited 1 time in total
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Am I supposed to give a shit when an "aid worker" gets killed? Empty Re: Am I supposed to give a shit when an "aid worker" gets killed?

Post by Heat Miser 2015-02-07, 00:27

Agreed. Plenty of folks in this hemisphere need aid. No need to go over there. If you do, you're on your own.

And I'm all for letting Jordan do the "dirty work". Time for those idiots to start policing themselves.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Am I supposed to give a shit when an "aid worker" gets killed? Empty Re: Am I supposed to give a shit when an "aid worker" gets killed?

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 02:18

Something that no one gets to point out because by doing so you're an anti-Muslim, Republican Tea Party gun-toting Budweiser drinking a-hole... but this is how those Arab clans have been acting and treating their prisoners for at least a thousand years.
If you were unlucky enough to be caught by African slave catchers and brought to market in west Africa... knowing you're going to be a slave anyways, you would hope to be on a boat to America rather than to the Middle East. As bad as slaves, both black and white, were treated by white & black slave owners in America... nothing compares to how slaves, both black and white, were treated in the Middle East by Muslim slave owners.

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramerica 2015-02-07, 10:00

At least a thousand years? This shit has been going on since before Christ. And it will probably going on for another thousand.
Kramerica
Kramerica
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-07, 10:14

You probably shouldn't give a shit when a police officer, fire fighter or even a member of our armed forces is killed either.  This world needs more people willing to lay it all on the line to try to make the world a better place regardless of the location or the risks involved.  You should try making a positive impact in your community or the world and learn what it means to serve others before passing judgement on someone that had more intestinal fortitude than all of us combined and paid the ultimate price for doing what they were compelled to do to help those in dire need.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 10:21

Kramerica wrote:At least a thousand years? This shit has been going on since before Christ. And it will probably going on for another thousand.

Most definitely... but I was referring specifically to Islam. Which spawned it's cute little devilish self in what... around 500, 600 AD?

But yeah, at least 1,000 years... at least 3,000 years... it's been a long while.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-02-07, 10:53

Agree, get the fuck out of the middle east. Not our problem, we aren't helping.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-07, 11:02

Motown Spartan wrote:You probably shouldn't give a shit when a police officer, fire fighter or even a member of our armed forces is killed either.  This world needs more people willing to lay it all on the line to try to make the world a better place regardless of the location or the risks involved.  You should try making a positive impact in your community or the world and learn what it means to serve others before passing judgement on someone that had more intestinal fortitude than all of us combined and paid the ultimate price for doing what they were compelled to do to help those in dire need.

lol
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-02-07, 11:02

Glad to see someone step up over there. Good for Jordan. Iraq is a fucking mess and Turkey is a bunch of poosays. If ISIS is going to get knocked down a few pegs it has to come from the locals.

As for the aid workers. They know what they're getting into. Incredibly brave and dangerous at the same time. Eventually this over the top brutality will work against ISIS. We may have already seen the tipping point with the murder of that Jordanian pilot.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-07, 11:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Glad to see someone step up over there. Good for Jordan. Iraq is a fucking mess and Turkey is a bunch of poosays. If ISIS is going to get knocked down a few pegs it has to come from the locals.

As for the aid workers. They know what they're getting into. Incredibly brave and dangerous at the same time. Eventually this over the top brutality will work against ISIS. We may have already seen the tipping point with the murder of that Jordanian pilot.

You optimists are so fucking cute!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 11:12

I've always been atheist to all religious belief but even so I still use to think... yeah, maaaan... we all just want peace, maaaaan... we can all just be tolerant of each other's beliefs, maaaaan...

I'm starting to realize that's just not possible. It will never be possible. Islam has always just been one big asshole. Not defending Christianity... but as much as I loathe the ultra religious Christians in this country I have to be honest with myself; At least it's not Islam and that documentary gives just one reason why.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-07, 11:27

xsanguine wrote:I've always been atheist to all religious belief but even so I still use to think... yeah, maaaan... we all just want peace, maaaaan... we can all just be tolerant of each other's beliefs, maaaaan...

I'm starting to realize that's just not possible. It will never be possible. Islam has always just been one big asshole. Not defending Christianity... but as much as I loathe the ultra religious Christians in this country I have to be honest with myself; At least it's not Islam and that documentary gives just one reason why.

Are you really that ignorant? Have you ever read a history book?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-07, 11:31

We need more people in this world to be critical thinkers and stop this religious nonsense.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-07, 11:36

tTy wrote:

You optimists are so fucking cute!!!!

Get off the Internet. Your kids are eating wallpaper again.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 11:43

Motown Spartan wrote:

Are you really that ignorant? Have you ever read a history book?

Yes, yes I have.

But educate me, oh wise one... what grand tales of benevolence does Islam have in its vaults?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-07, 11:44

tTy wrote:

lol

As expected, a completely unintelligent response.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-07, 11:48

xsanguine wrote:

Yes, yes I have.

But educate me, oh wise one... what grand tales of benevolence does Islam have in its vaults?

My questions were asked from a different angle being that people acting in the supposed name of Christianity have slaughtered more Muslims and Jews than Muslims have, throughout history.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 11:51

Motown Spartan wrote:

My questions were asked from a different angle being that people acting in the supposed name of Christianity have slaughtered more Muslims and Jews than Muslims have, throughout history.

That's awesome and all... but I'm waiting to hear about how Islam hasn't been one big asshole throughout history or any of the things I'm ignorant of, as you stated.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-07, 12:04

xsanguine wrote:

That's awesome and all... but I'm waiting to hear about how Islam hasn't been one big asshole throughout history or any of the things I'm ignorant of, as you stated.

Well, you probably haven't read a history book or you'd know about Islam's contributions to mathematics, chemistry and modern medicine, just to mention a few.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 12:19

Motown Spartan wrote:

Well, you probably haven't read a history book or you'd know about Islam's contributions to mathematics, chemistry and modern medicine, just to mention a few.

I suppose that absolves them of their sins. Are you Catholic?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-07, 12:22

xsanguine wrote:

I suppose that absolves them of their sins. Are you Catholic?

You asked when they weren't assholes. Besides, blaming Islam is just flat out wrong. Look at Jordan as another example. No, I'm not Catholic.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 12:26

Motown Spartan wrote:

You asked when they weren't assholes. Besides, blaming Islam is just flat out wrong. Look at Jordan as another example. No, I'm not Catholic.

My favorite part of the Koran and Islam is the part where it's cool to rape the widows of your vanquished enemies as long as they're not Muslim.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-02-07, 12:35

xsanguine wrote:

My favorite part of the Koran and Islam is the part where it's cool to rape the widows of your vanquished enemies as long as they're not Muslim.

Oh please, the lies that are perpetuated by idiots like yourself only create more animosity and distrust on both sides.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 12:44

Don't take my word for it....Bukhari (62:137)

Hey, quick question teacher, Mr. Motown...

Do you ever wonder why... despite having taken far more slaves during the same time period as Christian Americans... why there isn't a large black community in the present-day middle east like there is in the present-day United States?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 12:46

Motown Spartan wrote:

Oh please, the lies that are perpetuated by idiots like yourself only create more animosity and distrust on both sides.  

Come on... I thought we were about to get into the history books and all that stuff so we can clean up my ignorance on the matter.

Don't leave, professor...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-07, 12:49

xsanguine wrote:I've always been atheist to all religious belief but even so I still use to think... yeah, maaaan... we all just want peace, maaaaan... we can all just be tolerant of each other's beliefs, maaaaan...

I just said a prayer for you.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 12:52

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I just said a prayer for you.

You better, cause I'm bout to get all sinful up in here.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-07, 12:53

tTy wrote:Just curious.... cuz, I don't really give a fuck.  Not my problem.  You kinda should have known better than to tromp your ass over there tryna' make a difference.  Just sayin.

Do I have empathy for that side of the globe?  Absolutely... but I have better things to do than fly my ass over there and try to help out.  Fuck that fuckin noise.  Nothing is ever going to solve that problem other than a complete rout by one side or the other.  I'm talking complete destruction.  One side will win.  One side will lose, eventually.  I'm just going to make sure to play as much golf as I can, do as much fishing as I can, play with my kids as much as I can, and have fun while I'm still around.  Ain't nobody gonna solve that shit.  Forget about it.  Fuck em.  Not your problem.

You left out hunting.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-07, 12:54

xsanguine wrote:

Come on... I thought we were about to get into the history books and all that stuff so we can clean up my ignorance on the matter.

Don't leave, professor...

You brought the charges against Islam. The burden of proof is on you, but you have yet to cite a single passage that supports your claim that Islam is a religion of rape.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-07, 12:56

Turtleneck wrote:

you brought the charges against Islam. The burden of proof is on you, but you have yet to cite a single passage that supports your claim that Islam is a religion of rape and murder.

FIFY

And love this narrative! Nightly news is filled with Islamic crimes against humanity, but xsang had the burden of proof! Am I supposed to give a shit when an "aid worker" gets killed? 502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-07, 13:03

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

FIFY

And love this narrative! Nightly news is filled with Islamic crimes against humanity, but xsang had the burden of proof! Am I supposed to give a shit when an "aid worker" gets killed? 502811600

This thread is not the evening news. In this thread, he has the the burden of proof because he is making specific references to the Quran. I am not saying he is wrong, but since he brought the charges in this thread he is obligated to provide the proper text to which he is referring. It actually seems pretty simple.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-02-07, 13:16; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 13:09

Turtleneck wrote:

you brought the charges against Islam. The burden of proof is on you, but you have yet to cite a single passage that supports your claim that Islam is a religion of rape.

The most famous rape victims of Muhammad's (you know.. their "Jesus Christ)... two slaves of his he obtained through war.

Safiyah was the first...

Narrated 'Abdul 'Aziz: Anas said, 'When Allah's Apostle invaded Khaibar, we offered the Fajr prayer there yearly in the morning) when it was still dark. The Prophet rode and Abu Talha rode too and I was riding behind Abu Talha. The Prophet passed through the lane of Khaibar quickly and my knee was touching the thigh of the Prophet . He uncovered his thigh and I saw the whiteness of the thigh of the Prophet. When he entered the town, he said, 'Allahu Akbar! Khaibar is ruined. Whenever we approach near a (hostile) nation (to fight) then evil will be the morning of those who have been warned.' He repeated this thrice. The people came out for their jobs and some of them said, 'Muhammad (has come).' (Some of our companions added, "With his army.") We conquered Khaibar, took the captives, and the booty was collected. Dihya came and said, 'O Allah's Prophet! Give me a slave girl from the captives.' The Prophet said, 'Go and take any slave girl.' He took Safiya bint Huyai. A man came to the Prophet and said, 'O Allah's Apostles! You gave Safiya bint Huyai to Dihya and she is the chief mistress of the tribes of Quraiza and An-Nadir and she befits none but you.' So the Prophet said, 'Bring him along with her.' So Dihya came with her and when the Prophet saw her, he said to Dihya, 'Take any slave girl other than her from the captives.' Anas added: The Prophet then manumitted her and married her." Thabit asked Anas, "O Abu Hamza! What did the Prophet pay her (as Mahr)?" He said, "Her self was her Mahr for he manumitted her and then married her." Anas added, "While on the way, Um Sulaim dressed her for marriage (ceremony) and at night she sent her as a bride to the Prophet . So the Prophet was a bridegroom and he said, 'Whoever has anything (food) should bring it.' He spread out a leather sheet (for the food) and some brought dates and others cooking butter. (I think he (Anas) mentioned As-SawTq). So they prepared a dish of Hais (a kind of meal). And that was Walima (the marriage banquet) of Allah's Apostle ." - Sahih Bukhari 1:8:367

The other is Juwairiyah...

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: Juwayriyyah, daughter of al-Harith ibn al-Mustaliq, fell to the lot of Thabit ibn Qays ibn Shammas, or to her cousin. She entered into an agreement to purchase her freedom. She was a very beautiful woman, most attractive to the eye. Aisha said: She then came to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) asking him for the purchase of her freedom. When she was standing at the door, I looked at her with disapproval. I realised that the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) would look at her in the same way that I had looked. She said: Apostle of Allah, I am Juwayriyyah, daughter of al-Harith, and something has happened to me, which is not hidden from you. I have fallen to the lot of Thabit ibn Qays ibn Shammas, and I have entered into an agreement to purchase of my freedom. I have come to you to seek assistance for the purchase of my freedom. The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Are you inclined to that which is better? She asked: What is that, Apostle of Allah? He replied: I shall pay the price of your freedom on your behalf, and I shall marry you. She said: I shall do this. She (Aisha) said: The people then heard that the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) had married Juwayriyyah. They released the captives in their possession and set them free, and said: They are the relatives of the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) by marriage. We did not see any woman greater than Juwayriyyah who brought blessings to her people. One hundred families of Banu al-Mustaliq were set free on account of her. - Abu Dawud 29:3920

This part explains how he came to take her...

Narrated Ibn Aun: I wrote a letter to Nafi and Nafi wrote in reply to my letter that the Prophet had suddenly attacked Bani Mustaliq without warning while they were heedless and their cattle were being watered at the places of water. Their fighting men were killed and their women and children were taken as captives; the Prophet got Juwairiya on that day. Nafi said that Ibn 'Umar had told him the above narration and that Ibn 'Umar was in that army. -Sahih Bukhari 3:46:717

And the verse that ties these together...

Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess. Thus has Allah ordained for you. All others are lawful, provided you seek them from your property, desiring chastity, not fornication. So with those among them whom you have enjoyed, give them their required due, but if you agree mutually after the requirement (has been determined), there is no sin on you. Surely, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise. - Qur'an 4:24

and

Abu Said al-Khudri said: "The apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Quranic verse, "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess". That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period." - Abu Dawud 2:2150

Muhammad was such a bro to his bros that he encouraged his army to do as he did. This has been used as the excuse throughout history for Islamic armies to rape the female captives of their conquests.

There's quite a few more passages I can include if you want.

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 13:11

Keep in mind... my actual charge against Islam was that they've always been assholes. But I'm happy to make the argument that their religion not only permits, but encourages the rape of non-Muslim slaves. Muhammad specifically.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 13:12

Turtleneck wrote:

This thread is not the evening news. In this thread, he has the the burden of proof because he making specific references to the Quran. I am not saying he is wrong, but since he brought the charges in this thread he is obligated to provide the proper text to which he is referring. It actually seems pretty simple.

Nah, you're your request is completely legitimate, TN. I wouldn't expect any less.

Edit: you're? Jesus I'm slipping....

Last edited by xsanguine on 2015-02-07, 13:23; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 13:14

xsanguine wrote:
Do you ever wonder why... despite having taken far more slaves during the same time period as Christian Americans... why there isn't a large black community in the present-day middle east like there is in the present-day United States?

What I'm really curious about, though, is Mr. Motown's thoughts on this. I want to know why he thinks this might be. If Christianity is worse than Islam.

I feel dirty having to defend Christianity, Mr. Motown... look what you're doing to me.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 13:23

Nah, I've been drinking. I'm being a dick. I'm sorry, Motown... I just get a little too into this kind of thing... I don't mean to offend you.

I'll stop.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-07, 13:26

xsanguine wrote:

Nah, you're your request is completely legitimate, TN. I wouldn't expect any less.

Edit: you're? Jesus I'm slipping....

I think you mean, "Jesus, I am slipping."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 13:26

Turtleneck wrote:

I think you mean, "Jesus, I am slipping."

Are you messing with me?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-07, 13:28

xsanguine wrote:

Are you messing with me?

No, but Satan is messing with you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-07, 13:30

heh

You know you're in bad shape when you test the patience of even Satan.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next