Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video)

+12
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Heat Miser
Cym Jim
Venice
SeeRockCity
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
Rodeo Burger
Marc Summers
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video) - Page 3 Empty Re: Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video)

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-03-02, 12:07

xsanguine wrote:

If we ended the draconian, anti-liberty, anti-freedom, anti-American war on drugs... enslaving people for possessing or selling plant material.... we wouldn't even need capital punishment.

We could lock up violent individuals for the rest of their lives without any problem whatsoever. If you kill someone, you should never have any chance of being free, ever again. If you rape someone, you should never have the chance to see the outside of a jail cell ever again. If you assault someone and cause significant bodily harm... you should be in prison for a very, VERY long time.

But instead we let politicians and we let corporations who've been enabled by politicians control this entire situation and it results in atrocities. Enslaving people for possessing, using, or selling plants or plant alkaloids is no less a horrific human tragedy than pre Civil War slavery was.

I'ma get off my soap box now before I ramble on... and on... and on...

Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video) - Page 3 2376398117

This man gets it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video) - Page 3 Empty Re: Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video)

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-02, 12:28

SeeRockCity wrote:

Your razor is not sharp enough to split hairs this fine. I understand what you are trying to communicate, however, you are completely ignoring the psychological factors that make this crime particularly violent. Even if you want to go down the road of questioning the social stigma and psychological factors that are man made through countless years of social evolution as the primary psychological factor you are still going to fall well short of a reasonable argument.

You are obviously smart enough to know this and understand exactly what you are doing here. Please refrain from these kinds of comments on this site.

Thanks.

I can see the reason for having harsh rape punishments in the past, simply because rape was so widespread and they needed to scare men away from doing it. Nowadays though, if the media didn't make such a big deal about rape, it would rarely be on anyone's mind. I wouldn't be surprised if more males than females are raped nowadays, and they wake up the next day and go about their day.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-02, 12:40

Marc Summers wrote:

I can see the reason for having harsh rape punishments in the past, simply because rape was so widespread and they needed to scare men away from doing it. Nowadays though, if the media didn't make such a big deal about rape, it would rarely be on anyone's mind. I wouldn't be surprised if more males than females are raped nowadays, and they wake up the next day and go about their day.
at least we know where you stand on shooting unarmed homeless men and rape. As bizarre as your views are, I appreciate your honesty.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-03, 09:57

So two of the cops were wearing body cams but that footage isn't for public consumption since it's considered evidence.

Well, that's a good first step having body cameras. The public doesn't need to see it but if the civilian oversight and prosecutor's office gets to see it, that's good enough.

Doesn't seem like anything will happen here though. If you try to forcibly grab a cop's gun and you end up dead, that's on you.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-03, 09:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:at least we know where you stand on shooting unarmed homeless men and rape. As bizarre as your views are, I appreciate your honesty.

Well, thats not entirely true. The guy was trying to arm himself with the officer's gun. Going for a lethal weapon to try and kill someone with it and having one in your possession is the same thing. Its self defense either way for the other side.

Same with Michael Brown. I find it surprising that someone like you relies on overly simplistic buzzwords to make your arguments. You can say unarmed 1000 times over--doesn't make it true. It was proved that way in the Brown case and will be here.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-03, 10:06

The_Dude wrote:So two of the cops were wearing body cams but that footage isn't for public consumption since it's considered evidence.

Well, that's a good first step having body cameras. The public doesn't need to see it but if the civilian oversight and prosecutor's office gets to see it, that's good enough.

Doesn't seem like anything will happen here though. If you try to forcibly grab a cop's gun and you end up dead, that's on you.
ya don't think? Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video) - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-03, 10:07

The_Dude wrote:

Well, thats not entirely true. The guy was trying to arm himself with the officer's gun. Going for a lethal weapon to try and kill someone with it and having one in your possession is the same thing. Its self defense either way for the other side.

Same with Michael Brown. I find it surprising that someone like you relies on overly simplistic buzzwords to make your arguments. You can say unarmed 1000 times over--doesn't make it true. It was proved that way in the Brown case and will be here.
as long as the government is feeding you their story, I suspect you'll believe it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-03, 11:33

xsanguine wrote:To be honest, I'm leaning towards Bobby Sak's side here.

My question was a serious one... because there has to be a way for 4-5 larger, we have to assume "trained" guys to subdue one smaller guy without it escalating to the point of killing him.

But having a firearm equalizes the disparity in physical force. Once the resister grabbed the gun, all theorizing is off.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-03, 11:49

so in the murder of an unarmed Trayvon Martin, the murder of an unarmed Michael Brown and now the murder of an unarmed homeless man in LA, the common thread we have, aside from all 3 victims being unarmed and black, is that each murderer feared for his life..

Rolling Eyes

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-03, 13:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
while you might find it funny that cops once again murdered an unarmed black person, I'm not going to apologize for pointing it out.

Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video) - Page 3 264232BB00000578-2976366-image-a-27_1425334886649
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-03, 13:48

Watching Bob Sak try and back track is pretty funny.

Bob, you can admit you are wrong. It's ok. No one will think less of you.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-03, 13:52

Green Note wrote:

Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video) - Page 3 264232BB00000578-2976366-image-a-27_1425334886649
what's happening there? Besides 5-6 cops beating and subsequently murdering an unarmed homeless man?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-03, 13:53

The_Dude wrote:Watching Bob Sak try and back track is pretty funny.

admit that I'm wrong about thinking that murder of unarmed black people is wrong?

I value life more than that... and I distrust the government more than you do. Though I'm sure they appreciate the blind support of racists and bigots across the country.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-03, 16:20

Marc Summers wrote:

I don't understand why people think of rape as some supremely horrific crime.

Yes, it's a crime that should be punished, and yes society absolutely has a vested interest in making sure males/females are not raped. But frankly, I don't see why people see it as some type of crime that warrants very strict punishment on its own(unless other laws were violated in the process). I've basically had a girl rape me before and didn't suffer any bad effects.

Marc Summers wrote:

I was reading through this thread sober and was gonna apologize for being a lunatic and advocating multiple times that you kill yourself... Then I got to these couple of posts, and suicide is again seeming like a great option for you. That or lobotomy...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-03, 16:58

so far in this thread we have people advocating for the killing of unarmed black men and saying that rape isn't a horrific crime..

#Merica

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-03, 17:24

I always thought it was a pretty common consensus that rape is just one tier down from murder, which would still make it one of the most horrific crimes one can commit against another person.

But yes, Marc. I'm pretty sure I've read that more men are raped than women in the U.S.
That's because of prisons. Guess who makes up a huge bulk of the population in prison? Non-violent drug offenders.
And we wonder why our criminals leave so much more pissed off and dangerous. Make up arbitrary "crimes" to exist in the penal system so that the companies running these prisons can make a ton of money and then subject those non-violent individuals to horrific crimes... then expect them to exist peacefully with everyone else.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-03, 17:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
admit that I'm wrong about thinking that murder of unarmed black people is wrong?

I value life more than that... and I distrust the government more than you do. Though I'm sure they appreciate the blind support of racists and bigots across the country.

You only distrust law enforcement because you believe the anti police rhetoric. You don't distrust government. You are a champion of a huge central planning federal government.

i give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. They have earned that. Of course they screw up. And when they do I want them held accountable. We have a process though to determine that--not a bunch of emotional liberal racists.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-03, 22:29

The_Dude wrote:
i give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. They have earned that

Have they?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-04, 06:45

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-killed-la-cops-was-using-stolen-identity-authorities-n316916

bank robbing illegal alian. He would have been set free for the illegal alien rap but not the bank robbery.

It is too early for me, but it reads as if after conviction, with no time served, he was turned over to immigration who released him.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-04, 07:49

Green Note wrote:http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-killed-la-cops-was-using-stolen-identity-authorities-n316916

bank robbing illegal alian. He would have been set free for the illegal alien rap but not the bank robbery.

It is too early for me, but it reads as if after conviction, with no time served, he was turned over to immigration who released him.
well that certainly changes things..

I'm officially on record now supporting not only the murder of this unarmed homeless man, but also the beating he took from 5-6 police officers beforehand. In fact, I wish more officers had been involved.

also, I'd like to report that it makes jesus very happy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-03-04, 11:45

The_Dude wrote:Watching Bob Sak try and back track is pretty funny.

That's not true in my case, I would think less of Bob.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-03-04, 11:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
well that certainly changes things..

I'm officially on record now supporting not only the murder of this unarmed homeless man, but also the beating he took from 5-6 police officers beforehand. In fact, I wish more officers had been involved.

also, I'd like to report that it makes jesus very happy.

We can agree to disagree Bob, I'm fine with that tongue
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-04, 12:18

CheesySpartan wrote:

We can agree to disagree Bob, I'm fine with that tongue
same here.. some people are always determined to fight and argue. I'm actually glad the people who think unarmed black folks should be shot come out and say it - at least they're not hiding their true thoughts and feelings and we know who they really are.

And I'm okay with that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3